weekend! :) yours......

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
'kay, so my Mom arrived 9:30-ish, gave me another keyboard; my others were disallowing typing. grumble.....
a few other visitors arrived, too, this morning.
then we attended morning Mass.
swiffered the flooring twice due to a few spillages of pop.:whistling: plain 'ol cleaning, too- lysol, fantastik spray, swiffered the other floor, a few utensils went into my sink & i should wash them sooner than later.
blonded my bangs using this 40-volume bleaching item/dyed my other tresses very black. rinsed that. then tinting using a tish & snooky dye. a vamp tint
painted my nails in the meanime.
so interesting, 'eh!:glare:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday shot 78 due to crappy putting. Dinner at Carmen's made up for it - Cuban cigars, steak, and great wine. Calibrated one of her TVs.

Today recorded the IRL and NASCAR races while DW and I went to the theater and saw The Other Guys. Good decision, funny movie. Watching PGA tour right now while the thick pork chops for tonight are being brined.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Yesterday shot 78 due to crappy putting. Dinner at Carmen's made up for it - Cuban cigars, steak, and great wine. Calibrated one of her TVs.

Today recorded the IRL and NASCAR races while DW and I went to the theater and saw The Other Guys. Good decision, funny movie. Watching PGA tour right now while the thick pork chops for tonight are being brined.

Poor, poor, pitiful Tiger!

mhend

It's been a weekend of school shopping for me. Just finished up a few minutes ago, came home and cooked dinner (leftovers), bathed the kids and now just trying to wind down before I put them to bed. :)

Lefty

Yank
Camping, but I already did a thread on that. BTW, my hair or most of me is not hurting anymore. Just a little stiff. (not that way Terry)

Watching a movie now (Silent Hill 2006) and keeping an eye on the Sox/Yanks game online.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
'kay, so my Mom arrived 9:30-ish, gave me another keyboard; my others were disallowing typing. grumble.....
a few other visitors arrived, too, this morning.
then we attended morning Mass.
swiffered the flooring twice due to a few spillages of pop.:whistling: plain 'ol cleaning, too- lysol, fantastik spray, swiffered the other floor, a few utensils went into my sink & i should wash them sooner than later.
blonded my bangs using this 40-volume bleaching item/dyed my other tresses very black. rinsed that. then tinting using a tish & snooky dye. a vamp tint
painted my nails in the meanime.
so interesting, 'eh!:glare:
Quite! :yum:
You know how I love reading your posts Luvs.

Mine. Worked today and yesterday. Uneventful for the most part since I have been cast out onto the floor (nursing home wings) and outta rehab.

I could grumble about it since I like being back on the unit (and there are only 14 patients there at present)- so being in charge of 28 residents is always a challenge.
I will admit I do love my little delicate darlings, moreso than the ones who will only have a short stay.
They're a lot more entertaining, to say the least. :wink:

Last edited:

Phiddlechik

Went to a music festival up on the mountain, saw Leo Kottke... amazing. Then played at the festival with son's band. Then played later that day for praise team at church.
would like to kick back today, but have an important gig tonight... governor, former governor, former senator, current senator, etc... It's a fun private party, with the best caterer in town. It's a big fundraiser for a worthy cause, Boys and Girls Club, and a great event that has republicans and democrats alike all joining together. Oh yeah, some famous football player will be there, too.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Leo Kottke ehh? Hows Leo holding up? Loved his guitar work way back when. I have his LP "Dreams and all that stuff" from 30+ years ago. He is amazing on that 12 string.

I spent most of the weekend on da boat. We had big tie ups both Saturday and Sunday. Sunday got so hot at any given time we had the majority of the people in the water on floating recliners to stay cool. Fun for sure. :thumb:

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Leo Kottke ehh? Hows Leo holding up? Loved his guitar work way back when. I have his LP "Dreams and all that stuff" from 30+ years ago. He is amazing on that 12 string.

Kottke? 30+ years? It was + all right. :) We used to work on learning some of his stuff when we were in college in the 60's.

Phiddlechik

He's holding up quite well. The music was sweeeeeet.

Attachments

• IMG_3262.jpg
    IMG_3262.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_3275.jpg
    IMG_3275.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 84

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
He is holding up quite well. I'd love to see him someday.

Okay Buzz, you made me look it up. Leo Kottke's LP Dreams And All That Stuff came out in 1974, so it was 30 + 6 years ago. I have no clue why I even got it as I had never heard of him and was simply looking for something new and different. I hit this jackpot with that one. I had plenty of ones I bought and didn't hit the jackpot. Lou Reeds Metal Machine Music goes in the catagory as worst gamble ever. It's horrible. Just machine noise ...that's it short and sweet.

Here is the cover of Dreams and All that stuff:

Attachments

• LeoKottke_DreamsAndAllThatStuffCover.jpg
    LeoKottke_DreamsAndAllThatStuffCover.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 78

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
There was a weekend?

Got home last Tuesday (technically Wednesday as it was 2am), and found my basement flooded once again. When we left we gave the neighbor a key to our house so she could watch for this very thing, but she didn't at all. And to think I am letting her use my wireless to get on the Internet. Grrrr...
Took us the better part of three days to air out the house and clean it all up again. Found out it had flooded the previous Friday, gee thanks neighbor. I think I am gonna cut her off soon, if she cant do me a favor why should I do her a favor??

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Okay Buzz, you made me look it up. Leo Kottke's LP Dreams And All That Stuff came out in 1974, so it was 30 + 6 years ago.

Kottke is about a year younger than I and my guitar picking friends and I were always attracted to his style. Here's from Wiki:

After being discharged from the Naval Reserve due to his partial loss of hearing, Kottke attended St. Cloud State University in central Minnesota but left before completing his studies, choosing instead to hitchhike around the country, busking for a living, before finally settling in the Twin Cities, Minnesota. He arrived at the Scholar Coffeehouse in the Cedar-Riverside, Minneapolis area in the autumn of 1966 and soon was a regular performer. There, he recorded his debut album, 12-String Blues, which was released on the independent Oblivion record label. He recorded 6- and 12-String Guitar (also known as the "Armadillo album" after the animal pictured on its cover) for John Fahey's Takoma Records. It remains one of the works most associated with Kottke and has been re-released many times on various record labels.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Interesting Buzz. I never heard of him until I took a chance on that LP in the mid 70's. He is amazing. I would love to see him live.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Interesting Buzz. I never heard of him until I took a chance on that LP in the mid 70's. He is amazing. I would love to see him live.

He caught our attention early on. When I say "our" I mean a group of us college guys who mostly played in rock bands but were very interested in good old fashioned flat picking. Doc Watson was our hero, followed closely by Norman Blake. Kottke's music was different but many of the basics could easily be heard.
In truth, my favorite guitarist is Jerry Reed but it's because he was as crazy as I was....