1 pound vegetarian ground beef
2/3 tablespoon prepared mustard
1/2 tablespoon horseradish
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
1/4 cup soy milk
1/2 tablespoon soy sauce

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Press lightly into a bread loaf pan. Wrap loosely with foil.
2. bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Sass, thank you for posting the link to the site where this recipe was originally found. We need to be careful about copying and pasting recipes from other sites without including the link to the site.

lesley

That is definately something I would like to cook, not a vegetarian, but lots of my friends are, now I can try a new dish out on them...Thank you :a1:

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
If I found this and other recipes on the listed above site then copied and pasted I would tell you so... I did not copy and paste this and the other recipes. I myself typed out the recipes from a recipe book that I have from that site.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Unfortunately though, when you copy a recipe word for word it still infringes on the copyright no matter where you get it from...you still have to give them the credit.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thank you LS. We just don't want Doc to get in any kind of legal trouble.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I am so sorry, Lifesaver, if I appeared to be accusing you of something bad. That wasn't my intent and I apologize for making you feel that way.

Recipes are kind of tricky things because we all cook and we are handed down recipes from parents and grandparents as well as friends. Also, we buy cookbooks and get recipes from there. And then, there are thousands of recipes on the net. Plus, to confuse things even further, we change recipes to improve them or to accommodate a special diet or just to suit our tastes. So where does it become "ours" vs someone else's? It can be very confusing. Like this recipe for example. You have a book from which you got it. But the recipes from that book have also been published on the net, exactly as in the book.

We are a cooking forum so, of course, we want to have recipes here. How to share recipes can be a bit of a balancing act. If you want to share a recipe that you didn't create yourself, you have a few choices. You can acknowledge where you got the recipe and/or it's author. Either the name/author of the book or a link to the site. You can also change the name and directions for preparing the recipe into your own words. Often, when we actually use a recipe, we discover that we prefer to do things a little differently or maybe we have some helpful tips to share. By doing that and including it in the recipe, it legally becomes your recipe. Personally, if I use a recipe that I change to suit my family, I will give credit to the original author by saying something like "inspired by Jane Doe's meatloaf recipe" as a courtesy.

Does that make this clear as mud? :yum:

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
I bought some at Walmart once, it comes in a block form and is made from soy beans. It doesn't taste too bad but I prefer real ground beef.

Try morning star farm " Grillers Recipe Crumbles" ( or something like that ).
FOund in the frozen section in many supermarkets ( at least around here anyway). GOod to make tacos, chili, slopy joe, meat sauce, lasagna .. anywhere chopped meat is called for, although, doesnt bind to itself like regular chopped meat does, so trying to make meatballs is not good, unless u incude some kind of binder, Ive never had luck doing that. Im not sure it would work in this recipe, although it might. Although im a vegetarian, i love to eat, and like things that taste good, so im sure most of you would like this product.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I bought some at Walmart once, it comes in a block form and is made from soy beans. It doesn't taste too bad but I prefer real ground beef.
You found veggie mince in a block form:confused:
It's usually made into burgers or in a zip type bag of crumbles.

buckytom

Grill Master
ha ha, you're a meatloaf! nothing but goop and binders. you're not a steak, not even a burger...

(what, you said mock meatloaf :confused:)

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
ha ha, you're a meatloaf! nothing but goop and binders. you're not a steak, not even a burger...

Well there are rolls of it, like Gimme Lean makes, also lentil loaves.
Guess I didn't understand the whole block thing, so call me a block head.:yum:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter

I think that can be construed as a personal attack on the meatloaf there. I was gonna Mod you but blockhead distracted me...

:respect::yum: