Old Vermont Cocktail (gin)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Two friends recently gave me jugs of maple syrup, so I thought I'd look up a few different things to do with it.

Cocktails!

I found one that used all ingredients I have on hand, so decided to try an Old Vermont Cocktail tonight.

Great!

You can't taste any of the individual ingredients - it's a perfect blend of all of them.

I used Grade B syrup, so mine was darker than Bobby Flay's.

Lee

Old Vermont Cocktail

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/bobby-flay/old-vermont-cocktail.html
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay
cq5dam.web.266.200.jpeg

Yield: 1 serving
Ingredients

• 1 1/2 ounces gin
  • 1/2 ounce grade B pure maple syrup
  • 1/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1/4 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice

• 2 dashes bitters, such as Angostura
  • Ice
  • Orange rind

Directions

Combine the gin, maple syrup, lemon and orange juice and bitters in a cocktail shaker. Add some ice and shake a few times. Strain the drink into a martini glass and garnish with the orange rind.

(Here's my photo)

Attachments

• Old Vermont Cocktail.JPG
    Old Vermont Cocktail.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 209

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
isn't it curious that the cookingchannel pix shows it as a clear sparkly thing in a glass, but in reality, it's cloudy....

few fruit juices are sparkling clear . . .

sounds good tho.
have you tried Tin Cup? nice switchup.

Johnny West

I was at the Class VI store the other day and they were out of the 1.75 ptr bottles of Marker's Mark so got the 1.75 ltr bottle of Beam's Black and it's very smooth. It's been double barreled so it's a bit darker than Makers. It came with a $3 off coupon and no tax so I got it for $33.

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
stumbled over a "let's rate the booze" article the other day and it featured Tin Cup Whiskey. or bourbon, or whatever . . .

the purveyor does not actually distill all of it, it's blended with other brands, and 'cut' with Rocky Mountain water to adjust the proof to 84%

now....distilling booze is really an art form - and to get this "right" all the time quite a feat. consider all the hoo-hah about "single malt" scotch / whisky / booze . . .

dunno, dunnokare, nice taste.