What's Cooking NCT Sun. 2/9/14 to Sat. 2/15/14?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am making breaded boneless pork loin chops, mixed veggies, mashed taters and gravy tonight.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
a meat & cheese salad w/ berry dressing, fruit, artichoke, cukes, legumes, feta & bleu cheeses......

i snacked on so much earlier- my tummy is tuned, & it's ready to dine.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Leftovers from yesterday when the kids were here. Roasted a chicken with mashed taters, broccoli/cauliflower medley and pan gravy. Today I made a couple of baguettes and DW made some rice. Quick and easy, and pretty tasty.

Embryodad

Today's meals all started late last night with fried peppers and potato onion eggs with provalone cheese melted on top.

That was a snack for us late, and first up got the remainder eggs for breakfast.
Then, I made waffles just to finish the batter up.

Then, I made Tina's favorite...meatloaf. She made the mashed spuds, and gravy was in the reefer.

Then Dessert was ..................

Embryodad

To add Boost to the Entenmans pound cake, I cut two slices for myself, and fried them in butter on each side. Ooooo! Nice and crispy on the outside, and a little salty from the butter. Oh! Sheer heaven!... They were Buy one Get one today at Weis Market.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Nice meatloaf, Jimmy. Now don't be eating too many of those brussel sprouts...two, just two, not even three :yum:.

Embryodad

Nice meatloaf, Jimmy. Now don't be eating too many of those brussel sprouts...two, just two, not even three :yum:.

Those TWO were just the models for the picture. I actually ate 8 more> and they were big ones.

3 slices of meatloaf, and just one scoop of potatoes.

Then there was a cut a piece eat a piece...cut another piece and eat...just to check out the sweetness of the glaze and whether I should decrease the brown sugar Next Time I make M Loaf.

:)

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy. I'm like you with the sprouts, I can eat a small pailful of them. As for the glaze, it's fine line between sweet & too sweet. DW makes a PERFECT balance of sweetness.

I made up a beef stew from chuck that simmered on low heat all day, and just fell apart. I poured it over egg noodles with some baguette slices to push it around the plate. I made enough to have it again tomorrow...like most of my dinners.

Attachments

• Dinner 021014.jpg
    Dinner 021014.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 157

Embryodad

Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy. I'm like you with the sprouts, I can eat a small pailful of them. As for the glaze, it's fine line between sweet & too sweet. DW makes a PERFECT balance of sweetness.

I made up a beef stew from chuck that simmered on low heat all day, and just fell apart. I poured it over egg noodles with some baguette slices to push it around the plate. I made enough to have it again tomorrow...like most of my dinners.

I could tell by the picture that the chuck is really tender. Nice!

I balance the sweet on the glaze with lemon juice.
Tina likes more brown sugar. I tell her,"Hey, I made meatloaf, and not candy!":D

Embryodad

Had some steaks in the freezer. I cut them in half. The bacon was already wrapped on them. I just broiled them in the toaster oven! N O T

Tina made some mac and cheese with, hahahaha rigatoni.

Then we had some fried in butter pound cake.

I chowed down today after cleaning the snow that fell last night
It was funny! I strapped on my knee brace, and then my back brace.
When I finished fighting and muscling the darn snow machine, the other knee pain kicked it. Darn.....I didn't realize how out of shape I am. hahahahaha

OK...now the pics.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Great looking stew, JoeV. I use chuck for my stew too. The other day when I was cutting it up, I was thinking to myself...why didn't you just buy a pkg of stew meat. It is more time consuming to cut it up, but I think you get a better cut of meat than what they sell as "stew meat," around here anyway.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
jimmy, that pasta looks so great. i continue to have school-daze nostalgia when i see your trays. i would luv to get my Mum's ol' tupper ones. if she owns 'em now.

i'll be dining on salad & odds & ends. clean-my-fridge night.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
:wow:All these pictures are fantastic!!

Cooksie that taco salad is a work of art!

Embryodad

Had burgers and Philly cheese steaks.....
coleslaw....spinach salad, f fries and sweet tater fries. Onion rings too!
Son and DIL came over to eat.
Tina made a vanilla cake with butter cream icing. They left, and Tina just made a pizza for us to enjoy tonight while we wait for the beautiful snowfall.
DD came by, and she is ecstatic over being off work tomorrow (they closed for the storm) and she is gonna celebrate the snow day by baking Valentine Cakes and cookies.
It is unimaginable how we are so erupted and overwhelmed with the snow event we are supposed to get. We are just snow lovers. It's so cozy!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had mac and cheese with tuna added and salad for dinner last night.

Snow day so.............. I am planning on making meat lasagna today.

I bought 2 Rubbermaid glass dishes with covers. They are 8 X 6 X 2 (6 cups).

I will make 2 - bake one and freeze one uncooked for another time.

Embryodad

Huh!... Tina said, Eggs and shredded taters and blue tube muffins with bacon...and Jimmy was hot to cook us some breakfast for dinner.
No pics because we were stuffing face, and I forgot to take them.

Then I paused...and popped the favorite question. = What's for breakfast tomorrow??
Tina just walked away all full and just fighting to digest her share of eggs and taters.

I am thinking of French Toast..... For tomorrows brekie...
Supper....I would like sausage with peppers and potatoes in a chopped tomato sauce.
That will all change though I'll bet!

PanchoHambre

Lookin good All.

In the storm I made a bone in ham (honey/mango/ginger glaze studded with cloves) - smashed potatoes and creamed spinach and Maple Ginger Icecream

Tonight made a casserole with the leftovers and the whites from the icecream eggs some gouda etc

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Had some steaks in the freezer. I cut them in half. The bacon was already wrapped on them. I just broiled them in the toaster oven! N O T

Tina made some mac and cheese with, hahahaha rigatoni.

Then we had some fried in butter pound cake.

I chowed down today after cleaning the snow that fell last night
It was funny! I strapped on my knee brace, and then my back brace.
When I finished fighting and muscling the darn snow machine, the other knee pain kicked it. Darn.....I didn't realize how out of shape I am. hahahahaha

OK...now the pics.

I love my bread toasted like that.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter

Yummy!!!

attachment.php

Embryodad

OK...today is Saturday, and GD and Friend are coming for dinner.
Tina is baking chicken tenders (breaded) from the frozen foods, and shrimp popcorn nuggets whatever. Corn, and mashed potatoes.

You can guess what Uncle Jimmy here will eat. I'll give a clue! It does not go cluck cluck!:yum:

I used to like KFC Popcorn chicken. It was so crunchy and Tina asked them to make it really brown for me. They stopped making it. Grrrrrrr!

I guess we will have valentines cookies for dessert that DD made the other day.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Burrito looks yummy, LS!

Jimmy, the Tyson Popcorn Chicken Anytizers are pretty good (for frozen :)). They come out crispy, too crispy if you leave them in too long. I've made orange chicken with them before.

I cooked pork piccata last night. I used lots of capers and lemon...um um good.

Embryodad

Burrito looks yummy, LS!

Jimmy, the Tyson Popcorn Chicken Anytizers are pretty good (for frozen :)). They come out crispy, too crispy if you leave them in too long. I've made orange chicken with them before.

I cooked pork piccata last night. I used lots of capers and lemon...um um good.
Yes! Thanks cooksie...
I think Tina bought them Tyson popcorn chicken, and I did eat them, but cooked till dry. They were OK!

I had the popcorn shrimp last night, and got a reaction from them. LOL
My heart rate was like 95, and my ears and face got red. I kept drinking water, and it flushed away . I felt better after 20 minutes.
We went to a Joe's Crab Shack, and the certain shrimp gave me the same reaction.
After the panting and anxiety went away after 20 minutes, I ate more shrimp, and it didn't bother me again??? Go figure???

ChowderMan

Pizza Chef
Super Site Supporter
>>go figger

MSG.....

I react to too much / overdose (dose depends on pipple....) of MSG and also sulfur in wines.

glass of wine, need three days of antihistamines to recover.