Thursday 2/2/2011 What's on the menu?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Well it will be cheese raviolis again tonight. Only tonight I will boil mine fresh when I get home. LOL

Any plans?

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I made hamburger stroganoff last night, so more hamburger stroganoff tonight.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made hamburger stroganoff last night, so more hamburger stroganoff tonight.
That sounds good. I have only ever made stroganoff with flank steak sliced on the bias and fried. Hamburger sounds YUMMY AND quicker and easier.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
That sounds good. I have only ever made stroganoff with flank steak sliced on the bias and fried. Hamburger sounds YUMMY AND quicker and easier.

It's definitely better with steak. Lol--I loaded it up with a ton of sour cream, and it was pretty tasty.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm with you Cooksie. I like it better with hamburger too :biggrin:

Country style ribs are on the menu tonight. Not sure on the sides yet.

Embryodad

Today will be Punxsutawney Phill Burgers. Ha Ha Ha.

Actually chili cheese burgers...Got some cabbage 1/3 head...so I will cook that.
Probably steamed...or fried with onions and mixed with bowties for DW.

The kitchen is being used for the both girls getting their hair doo's.
A whole bunch of jibberjabber goin on in there now. That's why I'm in the bedroom on DW's laptop.

Embryodad

Simple supper tonight!

Fried cabbage / onions... and noodles.....

1c1f1b38.jpg

5333ccb1.jpg

Chili Cheeseburgers.....

72343e0e.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
Fried cabbage and noodles sound good to me.

If you want that meaty feeling with stroganoff and what to use hamburger see if your butcher has ground beef for chili. It is passed through a bigger grinder disc.

I have no idea what I am having. I am at work for another 4 hours or so. Lol

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I've never had fried cabbage and noodles but it looks awfully tasty Jimmy!

I made BBQ country style ribs, butter & herb noodles and green beans.

Attachments

• dinner-02022012.jpg
    dinner-02022012.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 97

Embryodad

Fried cabbage and noodles sound good to me.

If you want that meaty feeling with stroganoff and what to use hamburger see if your butcher has ground beef for chili. It is passed through a bigger grinder disc.

I have no idea what I am having. I am at work for another 4 hours or so. Lol

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST
Bams... the DW said it only takes 10 seconds for the butcher to change the die on the grinder for coarse cut / chop. She's been there / done that.

Embryodad

I've never had fried cabbage and noodles but it looks awfully tasty Jimmy!

I made BBQ country style ribs, butter & herb noodles and green beans.
Thanks mama.... I don't jump for cabbage...but this way nice and carmelized..I will eat it, and especially with noodles. We like bow ties...and I emptied some in the boiling water..and Oooops... there was a little buggie floating on top the water. I didn't tell Tina..or she would be up all night ripping apart the cupboards looking for a bug. They are the little flour bugs that sometimes grow all by their little ole selves. this was just one in the bows bag that was open God only knows how long ago?? L O L

Anyhoo.... The ribs and dish looks good. I like the country ribs. More Meat! hahahaha

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
mama, it's a fave here. loads of wide noodles, sliced/slivered cabbage, butter, salt & pepper. usually onions, too.
it's @ all the Church festivals here, as're pierogies, stuffed cabbage & k'bossy/kraut, funnel cake, games, & alcohol........ & the priest drinking drafts before he gets onto the dunk tank, hehe.

Leni

DH is not feeling that good which means a change in dinner plans. We'll have soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. That's what he wants.

PanchoHambre

red sauce night... sauce was from scratch(leftover from lasagna earlier in the week), meatballs no (from my csa share) but surprisingly good for frozen pre-made.
IMG_20120202_210408.jpg

Embryodad

DH is not feeling that good which means a change in dinner plans. We'll have soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. That's what he wants.
Sorry to hear about DH.. Tell him, rest and feel better, and listen to You!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I made my 4-cheese whole wheat ravioli with Italian sausage, sauce, fresh baguette and a "clean out the fridge" salad. We're actually trying to clean out the fridge cuz were' headed on another cruise Saturday and don't want to come home to a stinky house

Dinner020212.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I hope your DH gets to feeling better soon Leni.

Nice looking dinner Pancho....I think you can put homemade sauce on just about anything and make it taste good.

Four cheese ravioli Joe :ohmy: YUM! Have a nice time on the cruise!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Everyones meals sound and look fantastic!!

OH MY it's looks like a lot of people had noodls/pasta with/for dinner tonight.

I also got the memo. Cheese raviolis here when I got home from work. I also had a hot dog boiled in with the ravilois because I wanted a bit of protien. It was YUMMY!! My DD boiled the ravioli fresh when I got home tonight. Last nights were cooked early and reheated in the microwave and was not very good.

Last night we had Barilla "Linguini Fini" (fine, as in narrower, linguini) tossed with spicy ground turkey meat sauce & freshly-grated parmesan. Served with nice big salads topped with olives, little fresh mozzarella balls, & sweet-as-sugar organic grape tomatoes.