Sunday, 7/31/2011, Whats going on the table?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Thank you Doc!!

Lamb blade chops, egg noodles in a creamy garlic béchamel sauce with peas and green bean salad are planned. (Pictures and recipes later if it turns out good LOL)

What are your plans?

Leni

LEFTOVERS! I'm going over to the garden today to weed and plant. By the time I get home all I'll want to do is take a shower and a nap. Then when I get up I'll do more of the same here at the house.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
A Subway foot long Veggie Delight (sans olives) with sweet onion sauce will be making it's way to my tummy.. eventually :)

Embryodad

Looks like ...so far, egg plant breaded and fried.

Tina mommy is going to make it...

Hmmm! We'll see??

I had Two...(2) HAHAHA...egg macmuffins that dw brought me this morning. They were so good.:biggrin:

I had four coffee's so far, and I'm ready for some iced tea.

I think I may have to take over and bread the egg plant. DW looks half asleep already.
She ate loads of sweets today, and that makes her tired as heck.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
The plan had been pork chops and potatoes....but after spending the whole day cleaning the house, I'm not convinced I want to dirty the kitchen....:whistling:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We're at DD's house. Ribs are in the oven and redskins are ready to go in next. Salad of tomatoes from our garden with fresh mozzarella and Italian dressing (homemade). Cheese & crackers for appy. Maybe a nap before dinner for grandpa.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I had an abundance of tomatoes from the garden so I made another batch of pasta sauce. We had some leftover Popeye's fried chicken so I threw together some stuffed shells which didn't stay stuffed too well...oh well, they still tasted good....and used some of my sauce to make dinner.

Attachments

• dinner07312011.jpg
    dinner07312011.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 115

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I made the Chicken in Riesling that I was going to make yesterday.

You make it like Coq au Vin. Chicken, pancetta, carrots, whole shallots, fennel, braised in riesling. I've always been a fan of Coq au Vin (in the traditional red wine), but since I started making it this way, we haven't gone back to tradition. This is much lighter, and the veggies work well with the lighter sauce.

Attachments

• chix reisling 001.jpg
    chix reisling 001.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 121
  • chix reisling 002.jpg
    chix reisling 002.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 123

Embryodad

The chicken is being admired by DW..

Her favorite is the drumsticks.... She said they are calling her!/HaHaHa...

Deelady

Simply gorgeous Mama and SS!!:clap:

We had Grilled Rosemary Chicken, Green Salad, Cheesey Hashbrowns, and Nann bread with Bocconcini and Zaatar

Attachments

• SUMMER 1209.jpg
    SUMMER 1209.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 118

Embryodad

The Basics for supper.....

I breaded the never ending batch......all small...eggplant slices. :chef:

Mommy fried them up for me whilst I was next door working on the neighbors car....Nice.

Now they are just sitting in limbo to make sandwiches or to layer with some sauce and cheese and bake..Umm.:readytoeat:

129902cf.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Here is our dinner. I will post the noodles recipe shortly. (I am already paying for all the garlic!! LOL BUT I can watch true blood without worring about the vampires tonight :whistling: and it is good for you)

Lamb blade chops (rubbed with EVOO & highly seasoned with my all purpose seasoning blend - garlic powder, onion powder, Goya adobo seasoning, accent, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, cayenne, Hungarian hot paprika, ground thyme and ground rosemary) then fried in cast iron pan till nicely browned. Add to pan 3 cloves fresh garlic grated, juice of 1 lemon, pinch dry rosemary, several drops of gravy master and enough water to just come to top of chops, and then simmer till tender (turning once), about 1 TBSP softened butter mashed with about 1 TBSP flour added to pan juices to make a gravy. The sides are egg noodles in a creamy garlic béchamel sauce with peas (grated fresh garlic sautéed in butter till fragrant then flour added and cooked for 1 minute, enough ½ & ½ added to make a nicely thickened sauce and a sprinkle of dry parsley then tossed with cooked egg noodles and frozen peas) & green bean salad (steamed fresh green beans tossed while hot in fresh lemon juice, EVOO, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns and grated fresh garlic).

073111_lamb_garlic_noodles.jpg

Egg noodles in a creamy garlic béchamel sauce with peas

creamy_garlic_noodles.jpg

PanchoHambre

a vegetable stew over white rice... need a good detox meal I have been eating alot of crap and fast food lately and that needs to change.

Embryodad

Here is our dinner. I will post the noodles recipe shortly. (I am already paying for all the garlic!! LOL BUT I can watch true blood without worring about the vampires tonight :whistling: and it is good for you)

Lamb blade chops (rubbed with EVOO & highly seasoned with my all purpose seasoning blend - garlic powder, onion powder, Goya adobo seasoning, accent, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, ground red pepper flakes, cayenne, Hungarian hot paprika, ground thyme and ground rosemary) then fried in cast iron pan till nicely browned. Add to pan 3 cloves fresh garlic grated, juice of 1 lemon, pinch dry rosemary, several drops of gravy master and enough water to just come to top of chops, and then simmer till tender (turning once), about 1 TBSP softened butter mashed with about 1 TBSP flour added to pan juices to make a gravy. The sides are egg noodles in a creamy garlic béchamel sauce with peas (grated fresh garlic sautéed in butter till fragrant then flour added and cooked for 1 minute, enough ½ & ½ added to make a nicely thickened sauce and a sprinkle of dry parsley then tossed with cooked egg noodles and frozen peas) & green bean salad (steamed fresh green beans tossed while hot in fresh lemon juice, EVOO, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns and grated fresh garlic).

073111_lamb_garlic_noodles.jpg

Egg noodles in a creamy garlic béchamel sauce with peas

creamy_garlic_noodles.jpg

Looks good peep.....the noodles with the peas look awesome.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
Looks like ...so far, egg plant breaded and fried.

Tina mommy is going to make it...

Hmmm! We'll see??

I had Two...(2) HAHAHA...egg macmuffins that dw brought me this morning. They were so good.:biggrin:

I had four coffee's so far, and I'm ready for some iced tea.

I think I may have to take over and bread the egg plant. DW looks half asleep already.
She ate loads of sweets today, and that makes her tired as heck.

Fried egg plant... yummy!

Embryodad

a vegetable stew over white rice... need a good detox meal I have been eating alot of crap and fast food lately and that needs to change.
PH ... boil a carrot and a few leaves of cabbage in a little salted water.
Eat them both, but save the boiled water and cool it off.
Chill it, and drink it over ice cubes.

That will detox you...and will empty your innards with a cleanout blast.

Leni

The Basics for supper.....

I breaded the never ending batch......all small...eggplant slices. :chef:

Mommy fried them up for me whilst I was next door working on the neighbors car....Nice.

Now they are just sitting in limbo to make sandwiches or to layer with some sauce and cheese and bake..Umm.:readytoeat:

129902cf.jpg

That the way my DH likes his eggplant but without any sauce etc. I use seasoned bread crumbs and add parmesan cheese to it.

homecook

Mama, awesome looking meal! If it tasted good that's all that matters. SS, that chicken dish is amazing! Dee, I'd be happy to sit at your table any day. Looks great! Really nice looking dinner Peeps.

I grilled porterhouse steaks and corn on the cob. We also had baked potatoes and cucumber/onion salad.

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 105

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Mama, awesome looking meal! If it tasted good that's all that matters. SS, that chicken dish is amazing! Dee, I'd be happy to sit at your table any day. Looks great! Really nice looking dinner Peeps.

I grilled porterhouse steaks and corn on the cob. We also had baked potatoes and cucumber/onion salad.
Thank you Barb. I wish I had that steak and corn! YUMMY

PanchoHambre

PH ... boil a carrot and a few leaves of cabbage in a little salted water.
Eat them both, but save the boiled water and cool it off.
Chill it, and drink it over ice cubes.

That will detox you...and will empty your innards with a cleanout blast.

interesting and simple a bit more drastic than I am ready for tonight the stew made me feel better though Checkers for lunch was the final straw.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i put a roast in the crockpot early this morning & let it cook on 'lo' for many hours. shredded it & put that & the jus on taters, w/ a 'lil jus extra so the taters kept thier shape-

Attachments

• IMG_0710184.jpg
    IMG_0710184.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 113

Nancy-MD

Everyone's meals look so delicious! Great looking food, everyone!

And I'd eat KFC any day of the week.

I forgot to bring my camera to the table today, as I had a house full of my daughters and their SOs and dinner time gets hectic. But I put a 4 lb. eye of round roast in the rotisserie, cooked to med. rare, cooled and sliced.
Out of that sliced beef I made cheesesteak subs with onions and green peppers on toasted sub rolls. The sides were cold pasta salad, coleslaw and corn on the cob. My kids enjoy these kind of meals and they were all saying how mom "threw it down" today. I guess that means I did good.