RIP - Noah McCourt

Ian M.

My father, Noah McCourt, was called home on Monday, February 22 at his home in Dundalk, Ireland. He is mourned and sadly missed by his three sons, Ian, Sean and John and their families, including eleven grandchildren. Burial will be next week in his ancestral home in Heerlean, Neatherlands. RIP, Da!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Oh, Ian, I am so sorry!

My thoughts are with you and your family. Take care.

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
So sorry to hear this Ian. My Deepest Condolences for you and your family.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
Ian, so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing.

Our thoughts are with you.

Jim

Ian M.

We wanted to take this opportunity to thank you all for your kind messages of condolence. They are very much appreciated, as are the friends who sent them. We are still kind of in shock since this happened, despite the fact that Dad had been in hospital for nearly a week prior to his passing. He had come home to the house this past weekend - at his own insistence, as he wanted to see the kids and be with family one last time - it was as if he sensed that it was
nearly the end of the line for him and his passing was ruled congestive heart failure. The doctor told us that he was amazed Dad had lasted as long as he had, given the nature of an Irish winter and Dad's damaged heart. Doctor told Fallon and me that Dad suffered what was called, in the last century, "consumption" - I remember reading about an illness by that name in books about frontier life when I was a kid in school. I'm so very glad that my brothers were both able to come over to visit Dad at Christmas time and he had a wonderful visit with them and enjoyed it so very much. We'll all be together at the interment in Heerlen, in the Netherlands next Wednesday morning. Dad wanted to be buried in the small cemetery next to the cathedral there, where both of his parents are buried, as well. As much as we would have liked for Dad to be next to our mother in New Hampshire, his wishes take priority and we know Mum would have understood, too. Plus, when we visit our parents, both here and in the states, it will give us a special opportunity to see one another, as well. Dad was always figuring all the curves out and I'll wager he had even considered that when he made his wishes known to us some time back as to where he wanted to be buried when the time came. Thoughtful man, was our father!