Sunday 1/22/2012 What's the meal plan?

PanchoHambre

picture.php

picture.php

arancini de riso from left over risotto stuffed w bacon and cheese fried in bacon fat and olive oil and served w a salad and balsamic vinaigrette. some progress photos sorry none of the finished product

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
made a pittsburgh salad. i used skirt steak, cut some fries & a few cherub tomatoes, added an egg half & rather than the usual mozzarella or provolone, used gorgonzola dolce gelmini. made a dressing w/ this EV olive/avacado/flaxseed oil i have & dijon, lemon, balanced w/ sugar, salt, & worchestershire, pepper & garlic.

Attachments

• IMG_2980842.jpg
    IMG_2980842.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 192

Embryodad

made a pittsburgh salad. i used skirt steak, cut some fries & a few cherub tomatoes, added an egg half & rather than the usual mozzarella or provolone, used gorgonzola dolce gelmini. made a dressing w/ this EV olive/avacado/flaxseed oil i have & dijon, lemon, balanced w/ sugar, salt, & worchestershire, pepper & garlic.
I heard the dong on the computer while I was tasting the stew for tomorrow!
I said..lemme see what the heck tjhat is so early in the AM...and there it is..luvs meal! ...Wow... Looks good! William Pitt would be super proud of you luvs. hahahaha..

See you like the flaxseed oil stuff too. DW uses it! I tried it on salad. It's ok, but I like olive oil better.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
hehe- hi my fellow night-owl! yeah, i have all kinds of oils. the flax has olive oil in it, & the avacado oil.
i'm stuffed 'cept i really shoulda cut extra fries, half a yukon wasn't enough. there's plenty under that steak, tho.

stew, u say..... the type, if u'll indulge a curious mind.......

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Beautiful salad luvs. How long did you cook your egg? Soft boiled or a little over? It looks wonderfully runny. :thumb:

Embryodad

hehe- hi my fellow night-owl! yeah, i have all kinds of oils. the flax has olive oil in it, & the avacado oil.
i'm stuffed 'cept i really shoulda cut extra fries, half a yukon wasn't enough. there's plenty under that steak, tho.

stew, u say..... the type, if u'll indulge a curious mind.......
Beef... a piece of roast..and a serloin steak for the mrs..

i tried it and it wins the taste award ... DW did a great job.

I frequently order from "Burger's Smokehouse" (http://www.smokehouse.com/) - mostly for gifts, but sometimes for myself. They recently sent me an offer for "buy one get one free" whole smoked turkeys, so I took advantage of it. Gave one of the turkeys to the local food pantry, & will be cooking up the other one tonight for dinner. Plan on serving it with mashed potatoes (hubby's request), buttered green beans, & a green salad.

Rest of the bird will make it's way into other dishes during the coming week, & the carcass will be terrific as a stock base for bean soups.

Oh Lord - this smoked turkey was so FABULOUS!!! Moist/juicy, smokey without being even remotely salty - talk about worth the money. And I have so much left over for other dishes plus a nice carcass to use for a great bean soup. Can't wait!

Leni

LT what kind of peppers are those? I used some that I am growing. They are Japanese and the name translates to 'Old Man'. They are long and wrinkled. The rest of the family doesn't like hot either so I have to use mild peppers. These have a great flavor and no heat if you remove the seeds.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
There are three Bell peppers in the pot; yellow, red, and green........

the hot stuffs are Fresno peppers...

The Fresno looks and performs a lot like Jalapeno's but can be much hotter.....
Fresno's change from green to red as they grow, the redder the hotter....... I've only ever seen them sold in the green form.

Mama;
You're gonna be eatin' chili for a while LT!
Those little guys are for the Freezer, Mama;
...and those big guys are distributed to my Chili Fan Club, LOL!

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
jimmy, sounds delicious! & pancho, those look yummy nonetheless. peepz, the egg simmered fer 4 minutes. the 1 was toooo runny (for the salad, anyhow) so i put the other one on (i'd made two JIK), covered, brought to a boil & cooled it, stat. yum.