Pizza Pot Pies

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I had some killer homemade spaghetti sauce in the freezer (with sausages, meatballs, peppers, mushrooms, etc.) so this was REALLY easy!

A friend sent me this idea after he saw it either on TV or YouTube.

GREAT!

Would be a terrific chili/taco salad bowl, too!

Lee

Pizza Pot Pies

Any kind of good melty cheese – I used shredded mozzarella and sliced havarti
Excellent homemade or doctored spaghetti sauce
Storebought pizza dough

Take the pizza dough out of the fridge for thirty minutes to an hour before you want to roll it out.

Oil the bowls, inside and out.

Divide the pizza dough into chunks (I had 5 small bowls, so 5 chunks) and roll out each chunk of dough into circles on a floured surface.

Put cheese in the bottom of each bowl. Ladle some warmed sauce into the bowl. Top each bowl with a circle of pizza dough that overlaps the sides of the bowls by a couple of inches.

Preheat oven to 400. Bake pies for 15 minutes. Brush with melted butter and bake 5 minutes more.

Take pies out of oven, let sit for 5 minutes. Turn each pie over onto a plate. Sprinkle dried oregano or fresh basil on top and serve.

Attachments

• 1 Bowls.JPG
    1 Bowls.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 991
  • 2 Pizza dough rounds.JPG
    2 Pizza dough rounds.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,004
  • 3 Cheese and mushrooms.JPG
    3 Cheese and mushrooms.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,028
  • 4 Filled bowls.JPG
    4 Filled bowls.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 1,003
  • 5 Topped bowls.JPG
    5 Topped bowls.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,015
  • 6 Baked pizza pot pies.JPG
    6 Baked pizza pot pies.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 965
  • 7 Pizza pot pie, plated.JPG
    7 Pizza pot pie, plated.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,013

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
How neat! It's like a deep dish pizza with a nice crispy crust! Great idea Lee!

Ronjohn

I agree with Lefty, those look fantastic! I have a sudden urge to have pizza for dinner now. I wonder why? :)

Those little pies look so good and are such a clever idea, Lee! You just gave me my idea for feeding Ian tonight. Give him something constructive to do with his mouth.....wrap it around one of those. Super!

Fallon

Ian M.

Hey Lee....DW made these last night for supper and I made a great big hog of myself....I ate two of them and boy, are they ever good. She'd put together a huge cuccumber salad (one of my favorites) and made a cherry pie to finish it off. I felt like a wood tick by the time I finished eating! Really good stuff. Thanks for sharing this incredible invention. I'm passing the idea on to our exec. at the resort if that's okay with you.:wow:Ian

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, it's been 8 years since I've made these!

Lee

Attachments

• pizzas 1.JPG
    pizzas 1.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 910
  • pizza 2.JPG
    pizza 2.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 940