Pork Sausage

SilverSage

Resident Crone
I found the best pork sausage! We had it in a restaurant, and I asked them where they got it. Instead of the usual 16 links per pound (1 oz.), these are 8 links per pound (2 oz.). They are so big that they stay nice and juicy.

They are made by Oscar Meyer, but packaged in bulk for restaurants. Here, they are labeled by Gordon Food Service (GFS) and sold in 10 pound cases. A 10 pound box was about $25. GFS has retail stores where the public can shop from Wisconsin to Tennessee, and Illinois to Pennsylvania, plus Florida. If you decide to try them, the GFS product number is 446301. I'm sure in other parts of the country they are carried by other purveyors.

They come frozen individually, so you can just keep them in the freezer and grab a couple when you need them.

Look how big they are!

Attachments

• sausage 002.jpg
    sausage 002.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 193

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
HOLY COW!! Or HOLY PIGGIE!! Those are huge. Wheres Jimmy? He would be in hog heaven (puns intended!! LOL)

What are you going to make with them?

SilverSage

Resident Crone
Eggs & sausage.

French toast & sausage.

Pancakes & sausage.

These are breakfast sausage links, just bigger. I just fried them in a skillet like regular pork sausage. They are good! We've gone through 2 pounds since Tuesday.

Embryodad

HOLY COW!! Or HOLY PIGGIE!! Those are huge. Wheres Jimmy? He would be in hog heaven (puns intended!! LOL)

What are you going to make with them?
peep...I just found this....

Oooo Eeeee.... they would be right up my alley.

They are the size I like... I'll put them on the DW's tracking list.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
SS, do they shrink down a lot? How many sausages do you serve per person?

I love breakfast sausages!!

Lee

SilverSage

Resident Crone
They don't shrink much, but they stay real juicy.

The restaurant serves 2 per order, so that's what I did. That's the equivalent of 4 regular links. When I make regular sausage, I only serve us each 2 or 3 links, so this is like a super-sized serving for us. SousChef thinks I should only make 1 of these per person, and that's probably right, but I just can't help myself.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm with YOU!

But I might try to scale back to 1 and 1/2 for each serving.

I looked for them today in my Stop and Shop, without much hope. And no success.

Lee