Cape May NJ

Elaine l

I am heading to Cape May NJ in a couple weeks. Any suggestions for dining? I am not familiar with the area at all. Thanks.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awwww, Elaine, I bet I would LOVE Cape May! I don't know the answer to your question, but I am envious of your vacation!

I used to spend a week on the Jersey shore, in Lavallette, each summer when I was a kid. I really am longing to go back!

Where are you staying?

Lee

Lefty

Yank
The only thing I remember about Cape May was boot camp for the USCG. Sorry. The food was not bad, but I don't think you want to enlist to try it. :whistling:

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
When are you going????????????????????????????

These are places Lou and I absolutely love:
410 Bank Street - we've been there three times
A Ca Mia - it's on the mall, near one of the corners - 4 times
The Washington Inn - twice for dinner, countless times for cocktails
The Ebbit Room of the Virginia Hotel - 3x for dinner, countless cocktails
The Union Park - once for dinner

I'd make reservations if I were you....

Elaine l

Thanks Vera. I copied all your suggestions..much appreciated

We are going the first week in August 1-8 I have never been to that area so I am looking forward to it.

As far as lodging, we will be traveling in the silver bullet (a.k.a. Airstream)

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Cape May is wonderful. You can rent bikes or mopeds. There is a horse and carriage ride. There's a shuttle that will take you to Wildwood so you can see that boardwalk with all it's rides and attractions. I strongly suggest you do the shuttle.

See the Emlen Physick house if you can. Try to do a walking tour so you can see and learn about all the old victorian homes. You'll even get to go in so many of them.

Fralingers has the best fudge and taffy.
There is a great kitchen shoppe on the mall called Kiss The Cook. I've dropped more than my fair share of money in there.
They often have brass bands playing in the bandshell a couple of times a week.
Nice lingerie shop on the mall, too...on a corner.
My favourite vintage style clothing shoppe is in Cape May, too. That's called Uniquely Yours and has the most beautiful clothes in the state. You must go in there.

I'll post more as I think of it.

Elaine l

Okay just copied this thread. Vera I am on the way..well Friday. Thanks for the input. I'll post back about which ones I get to visit.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
Figures you and are traveling during the same time. I'll be in New Orleans when you are in Cape May. Good for both of us but sad, too:kiss: Have a wonderful time!