Artichoke Mashed Potatoes

I luv artichokes. I don't measure anything. It's simple & easy.

Prep your favorite potatoes, mash add s&p to taste, half & half or milk & butter. Drain a can of marinated artichoke hearts & chop. Add chopped artichokes to mashed taters.

abi_csi

This sounds good, there are a few posts using artichokes. Good to have some alternatives as i've ever only eaten them in cold salads really

Leni

I made them for Thanksgiving dinner. They were very good. You didn't say if you used the liquid also but I did. Will make them again. Thanks for the idea.

So glad you & yours enjoyed the dish, Leni. Yes, I drained them. You can add grated parm, as well, if you like.

I also like a potato/carrot whip w/ sauteed onions. Boil or steam your potatoes and carrots, drain, add butter, s&p, & dill if you wish, & mash it all together. I have added a bit of philly cream cheese & chives.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i would make these- yum. thanx California cook, for posting this for us

Leni

Grated Parm. Now why didn't I think of that? I have leftovers so I'll add that tonight.

My pleasure, Luvs & Leni.

CM, hope you enjoy.

My mother would (s)mash potatoes in chunks & add mayo & black pepper. Going to add the chopped chokes w/ mayo next time.

Rustpot

Prep your favorite potatoes, mash add s&p to taste, half & half or milk & butter. Drain a can of marinated artichoke hearts & chop. Add chopped artichokes to mashed taters.
I am going to give this a try this Friday night. I will put the artichoke in a food processor frist. I might add a few oven roasted carlic.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
artichokes were on my shopping list & i forgot to get 'em! i really wanna make these soon~
rustpot, i luv garlic. great thought- i put garlic in 99% of savory dishes

artichokes were on my shopping list & i forgot to get 'em! i really wanna make these soon~
rustpot, i luv garlic. great thought- i put garlic in 99% of savory dishes

Do you have baby artichokes in your area? Next time I get to the market, will look for them, & roast them w/ olive oil, lemon juice & garlic.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
they're available here @ various times. ummmmm-um, those sound yummy-

Rustpot

I did make your artichoke with my own twist to it. We liked it very much! it's a keeper.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Special Garlic & artichoke Mashed Potatoes[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ingredients[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 lb. peeled and diced potatoes [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 head of garlic mashed[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1/2 can artichoke hearts chop or mashed[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- 3 t. butter [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- 1/4 c milk, heavy cream or buttermilk [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- 2[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif] tablespoons Parmesan cheese[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]1/4 pkg. Philadelphia cream cheese[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- salt and pepper to taste [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- 2 t. chives or green onions, minced [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Directions[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1. Cover potatoes with enough water to cover in a heavy-bottomed pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and simmer until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain potatoes and return to pan. Mash the potatoes, then add the butter, garlic, artichoke, salt and pepper, cheese and [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]cream cheese[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif], slowly add liquid until potatoes are smooth and fluffy. Sprinkle chives on top of serving dish. [/FONT]

Glad you enjoyed the dish, Rustpot. Very often I put my own twist on a dish & make it my own. Thanks for taking the time to post your recipe.

I did make your artichoke with my own twist to it. We liked it very much! it's a keeper.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Special Garlic & artichoke Mashed Potatoes[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ingredients[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 lb. peeled and diced potatoes [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1 head of garlic mashed[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1/2 can artichoke hearts chop or mashed[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- 3 t. butter [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- 1/4 c milk, heavy cream or buttermilk [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- 2[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif] tablespoons Parmesan cheese[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]1/4 pkg. Philadelphia cream cheese[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- salt and pepper to taste [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]- 2 t. chives or green onions, minced [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Directions[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]1. Cover potatoes with enough water to cover in a heavy-bottomed pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and simmer until potatoes are fork-tender. Drain potatoes and return to pan. Mash the potatoes, then add the butter, garlic, artichoke, salt and pepper, cheese and [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, sans-serif]cream cheese[/FONT][FONT=Arial, sans-serif], slowly add liquid until potatoes are smooth and fluffy. Sprinkle chives on top of serving dish. [/FONT]