Desire Oyster Bar - New Orleans's

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
this is one of many restaurants i visited this year. most i dont remember the name to but this one stuck with me.

http://www.sonesta.com/RoyalNewOrleans/index.cfm?fa=diningentertainment.home

Desire Oyster Bar: One of the most famous – and most photographed – restaurants in New Orleans, with an unbeatable Bourbon Street location and renowned “Desire” sign above the entrance. Experience the energy and the ambiance of this lively street side bistro, which features doors that open directly onto Bourbon Street. Open Daily from 11:30 a.m. - 'til.

Oysters on the half

vexeeq.jpg

Oysters Desire
[FONT=Arial,Italic][FONT=Arial,Italic]broiled oysters with parmesan cheese &
creole seasoning & garlic butter

r1l849.jpg

Muffaletta

2ywwfvk.jpg

Fried Green Tomatoes [FONT=Arial,Italic][FONT=Arial,Italic]with crabclaw remoulade served on a spinach salad[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Italic]
33m0p75.jpg

[/FONT]

[/FONT]
[/FONT]

buckytom

Grill Master
hmmm, the raw oysters seem to be strangely missing, bam. lol.

man, i'm hungry for oysters and crab.

AllenOK

You and me both, BT!

We had a major function Friday night, and one of the buffet items was Oystes Rockefeller. I ate one, and was lucky to choke it down. NO FLAVOR! It needed bacon, shallots, salt, more cheese, and a shot of Tabasco.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
The Royal Sonesta was the very first hotel Lou and I stayed at in New Orleans, trip #1. The Acme Oyster House, right around the corner is also magnificent...and it's impossible not to have raw oysters there.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
The Royal Sonesta was the very first hotel Lou and I stayed at in New Orleans, trip #1. The Acme Oyster House, right around the corner is also magnificent...and it's impossible not to have raw oysters there.

What Vera said. The RS was my airline layover hotel and the Acme is as good an oyster restaurant as you will ever find.

Most tourists never get over to the Garden District where there are several very nice eateries.

Deadly Sushi

Formerly The Giant Mojito
I cant even TELL you how great that all looks!!!!!!!!!!!!
OHHHHHH MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t:

Damn you Bam!!!!! Now Im going to have to up my dinner ante tonight. Im going to get some oysters! :bounce:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
I cant even TELL you how great that all looks!!!!!!!!!!!!
OHHHHHH MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t:

Damn you Bam!!!!! Now Im going to have to up my dinner ante tonight. Im going to get some oysters! :bounce:

i could go for some chargrilled oysters or oysters on the half tonight