Net Cooking Talk

Go Back   Net Cooking Talk > Cooking Talk Forums > Tools of the Trade, Knives, Smokers, Grills & Commercial Cooktops Forum

Tools of the Trade, Knives, Smokers, Grills & Commercial Cooktops Forum Cookware, Cookbooks, Utensils, Grills, Smokers, Countertops, Stoves, Ovens etc....

Old 02-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Bottle Washer

FireCapt is on a distinguished road
Default Weekend Find!

Stoped at a GoodWill store sunday afternoon just to look around and see if I could find anything interesting.
Found a Toastmaster Bread machine complete with pan, paddle, butter lid for making butter and ALL instructions and a cookbook for it. The thing was NEVER used. cord was still wrapped up with twistie, tag still on it.

Payed $13.50 for it!!

Took it home and tried it out with a small loaf of white bread and it worked great, Now I got 2 bread machines!!
Old 02-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Queen of Cornbread

Mama will become famous soon enoughMama will become famous soon enough
Style: Gonzo
Default Re: Weekend Find!

That's what I had Firecapt! Mine could make jam too. Mine was model 1188. It finally wore out. I used it for close to 10 years. I didn't do much baking in it just because I didn't like the shape of the loaf...it baked the bread just fine. You found yourself a good one! Congratulations on a great find!
Old 02-13-2012, 03:35 PM
Bottle Washer

FireCapt is on a distinguished road

I rarely bake in them as I too hate the shape of the loaf, I did this time just to see if it works, I always oven bake for better shape and size.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:48 PM
Grill Master

Thanked 1,603 Times in 1,209 Posts
QSis will become famous soon enough

mmmmm I bet your house smelled wonderful, Capt!

Lee
Old 02-14-2012, 11:19 PM
Grill Master

Shermie is on a distinguished road

Great find!!!

~Shermie.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:02 AM
Dough Boy

JoeV will become famous soon enough

Good find! Had the identical find a couple of weeks ago. I was in the Salvation Army store and there were two, not one, but TWO, brand new bread machines, still wrapped in the original plastic bags inside the box. One was a Rival priced at $14.99 and the other was a Toastmaster (don't know the model number) for $19.99. I have a friend who had no way of making bread (no stand mixer or bread machine), and who has arthritis too bad to hand knead dough. When I called her and told here the price, she went nuts and told me to buy it for her. When I got it to her house she noticed that there was still a price tag on it from Kohls...$159.95! It makes great bread, but she uses it mostly to mix the dough, then bakes it in regular bread pans. Yep, there are lots of great deals to be found in thrift stores, and I have posted many of them over the years on this forum. Keep your eyes open and always look on the bottom shelf.