Keurig Platinum B70 Coffeemaker

Anyone have one?

Hubby gifted me with one for my birthday Friday, but I haven't yet opened up the box thanks to reading a LOT of poor reviews about it on the internet.

But then, it seems like there are LOTS of poor reviews for every other coffeemaker on the planet as well.

Any first-hand experience here?

Shermie

Site Supporter
A friend of mine has one.

Not sure if it is the exact same model, but I've used his and like it!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Hi Breezy, I really thought that I posted earlier, then it seems that I did not.

I have a Keurig coffee maker, new in a box that I bought from e-Bay. I am pretty sure that the mechanics that make the coffee are the same. One of my customers has a commercial model Keurig. The coffee is good. The commercial model breaks a lot with the automatic K cup extractor, which I believe that home models do not have that feature.

I have not used mine as DW is becoming a bit of a greenie and has said a lot about the K cups all being landfills and not decomposing.

I can say that the commercial model makes good coffee.

I hope this helps.

Thanks. I've decided to keep this one. Not only did the company themselves quickly answer my query about any problems with this particular model, but every poor review that I read confirmed that the company does replace any defective/non-functioning models at the speed of light & at no cost to the consumer. So what do I have to lose?

It's attractive, comes with 60 assorted K-cups, AND also comes with a personal reusable K-cup so you can use any type of ground coffee you wish (thus, you don't have to use K-cups at all if you're concerned about the "green" angle).

So I'll be breaking it out of the box & giving it a whirl. :)

Thanks! I particularly like the fact that I'll be able to use any coffee I want thanks to the personal reusable "K-Cup".

My last coffeemaker was a Senseo, & I also had the "reusable pod" feature for that, so that I wasn't limited to buying pod coffee.

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
I don't see why you won't love it. It's always be quality coffee and certainly fresh and hot enough. Isn't that what good coffee is all about ?

My question wasn't that I wouldn't love it, but rather the fact that there are literally HUNDREDS of piss-poor reviews re: this particular model breaking down after everywhere from just 2 months to 2 years of use. And sometimes very minor use at that. It's the reliability that seems to be the problem. But on a brighter side, it appears that Keurig has replaced these malfunctioning units - sometimes even 2-3 times - at their own expense. So, whatever. I'll give it a whirl.

Jim_S

Resident Curmudgeon
Gold Site Supporter
You will enjoy it, wide variety of blends available and every cup comes out exactly the same.

We're on our second one. The first lasted 5 years. Maybe I should have called them, I just bought another.

My wife took one to work 2 years ago. It's still going strong, in almost constant use every morning 5 days a week.

Jim

Thanks so much!!!

Like I said, I knew that I would like it - goodness - different coffees & teas, herbal teas - both hot & iced - plus cocoa & a personal devise for non K-Cup coffee? What's not to love.

It was only the so many bad reviews that kept me from opening up the box. But the company reassured me that if I have any problems, they'll fix them - no questions asked & at their expense.

Can't better than that for projected customer service. :)