Net Cooking Talk

Go Back   Net Cooking Talk > Cooking Talk Forums > Tools of the Trade, Knives, Smokers, Grills & Commercial Cooktops Forum

Tools of the Trade, Knives, Smokers, Grills & Commercial Cooktops Forum Cookware, Cookbooks, Utensils, Grills, Smokers, Countertops, Stoves, Ovens etc....

Old 02-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Banned

BreezyCooking is on a distinguished road
Default Aroma Rice Cooker/Steamer

Hubby gifted me with this for my birthday Friday.

Did a review search & pretty much everyone seems to adore this make/model.

Anyone here have any first-hand experience?

It not only makes rice, but steams, & can even steam meals while the rice is cooking. Also works as a 3-quart slow cooker.
Old 02-22-2012, 04:27 AM
Grill Master

Shermie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Aroma Rice Cooker/Steamer

Mine is THIS one, my little buddy - the Zojorushi 3-cup Microm Rice Cooker.

It's small, but it's only me, and it cooks rice to amazing perfection!
Attached Images

~Shermie.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Banned

BreezyCooking is on a distinguished road

That's nice Sherman - but I was wondering if anyone has the one I just received as a gift - Aroma Professional Rice Cooker/Steamer/Slow Cooker. Makes 3-20 cups rice, a 2-layer steamer function, & a 3-quart slow-cooker function. Looks to pretty much do everything but wash the dishes. On-line reviews have been excellent, so I'm not worried about it; was just wondering if anyone here has one or has had one & how they like it.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:35 PM
Pizza Chef

Guts is on a distinguished road

breezy. I have one somewhere in the house. I just couldn't find it right now. I use it a couple times to make Rice, but found if I didn't make a lot or Rice. It was just easier to do in the pan. As far as stating vegetables. I have a vegetable steamer that I've had for many, many years and I wouldn't trade for anything. I love my steamed vegetables. Of course I also like white Rice was seasoned Rice wine vinegar on it. Oh , Yum . If you haven't tried it, please do everyone that has tried it at my house. Love it that way.

one other thing about Rice when I cook rice in the pan I weigh the water and way the Rice. It comes out perfect each time but it took a little experimentation to get that ratio.

I am currently unsupervised I know it freaks me out to. But the possibilities are endless!