Member Spotlight - Biskit

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Member Spotlight - Biskit

Tell us a little about yourself - your family or household, kids, pets, occupation, etc.
Married, two cats. Work for the municipal wastewater collection department. I'm a sewer maintenance operator.

What part of the world do you live in?
Jamestown, North Dakota

How did you find the NCT community?
I think I followed the link here from Forums Forums, but my memory's a bit fuzzy.........as usual.

Do you have any hobbies?
I'd like to answer that I spend my spare time drinking and chasing wild women, but that would be a lie. I like to spend time in my garage working on projects. My wife calls it "tinkering", whatever that means. I also enjoy a bit of fishing when I get the chance. Drinking coffee with my friends at the local truckstop is near the top of the list also.

If you could choose any profession or occupation, what would it be and why?
Another answer I'd LIKE to give is, male gigolo, but I can't do that. I don't have the energy anymore. I think I'd like to study and become a machinist and own my own welding and machining shop doing custom work for people.

How and why did you choose your Username? What does it mean?
Bisquits and gravy is a huge favorite breakfast of mine. I also like bisquits with butter and jelly in place of toast for breakfast.

What is a typical day like for you?
I usually rise about 5:15 am. DW gets ready to leave for her job and I see her off. I make my breakfast and eat, then head down to the truckstop by 7 am for coffee. We start work at 8 when we begin making our rounds of a couple of facilities that need checking each morning. That done, we go on with repairs or maintenance of our sewer lines, or any of the equipment in the 20 lift stations that are positioned around town. Work ends at 5 pm and I head home for supper. I might spend an our or two in the garage after supper, or I might veg on the couch watching tv until DW gets done with her Facebook games. I'll spend a while going through the forums I belong to.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Staying alive this long. Well, I'm proud that I haven't fallen victim to any of the many addicting substances that flow through society. I have only been fired from one job in my entire life. I have always been a reliable worker, not needing constant supervision, or babysitting.

Give us 5 words that describe you.
God-fearing, Compassionate, Stubborn, kind, ornery.

Name 5 things that would be on your "bucket list".
Become a licensed aviator, become a licensed hobby boiler operator, become an accomplished violinist, become an accomplished pianist, visit Germany.

Name 5 things you can't live without.
My wife, Copenhagen, my Blackberry, my tools, My pickup.

Who is your role model and why?
Gosh! I don't know. I think my role model is an amalgamation of quite a few people.

Tell us one thing about yourself that people would be surprised to know.
I pray a lot.

What would the child you once were think of the adult you have become?
I think he'd be quite surprised as the child I was had planned to follow his father's footsteps and become a farmer. Aside from that, I think he'd probably think his adult self was doing alright.

What is the best moment of your life so far?
Oh golly! There are really many of them. Getting married stands out.

How and at what age did you start cooking?
Can't remember, exactly. What I do is far from the art many of you practice. I make stuff because of necessity. If I want it, I learn to make it. DW doesn't always have time to cater to my desires in that way.

Do you have a dish that you make especially well?
Yes. Dirty.

What is your favorite spice?
That blonde waitress at the truckstop!

What 2 cooking tools/gadgets/appliances would you swap from your kitchen and what would you swap them for?
The stove for a crockpot. One of the many spatulas for a good pipe wrench.

What is your favorite restaurant meal?
I think, chicken fried steak.

What would your last meal be if you could choose anything at all?
If I didn't eat a last meal, I wouldn't be dying, would I? So, my answer is; Nothing!

If you could host a dinner party with 6 well-known guests, living or dead, who would they be and what would you serve?
Well, Jesus would be there, Ronald Reagan, my paternal grandfather, my two oldest uncles on my dad's side, John Wayne.

Who would you most like to prepare a meal for and why? What would you serve? I never knew my paternal grandfather, but my dad says he'd eat anything that didn't outrun him, so I'd make him a hamburger, deep fried potato wedges, and a cold beer. I never met the man, as I said, but I'd love to get to know him.

Who would you most like to have prepare a meal for you? Ohhhhh Sunnivagun! Hard question. I don't know.

100 years from now, how would you like to be remembered?
Fondly.

I'm on the right. The guy with the rabbit ears is my supervisor.

Montey01.jpg

32 hp Reeves steam traction engine, which I truly enjoy being around

Montey02.jpg

With my headgear watching a corner at our 1/4 mile dirt track here.

Montey03.jpg

Last edited:

homecook

Very nice spotlight, Monte!! Thanks for sharing a part of your life with us.

This I know to be so true!!!

suziquzie

Good to see ya Monte!

DH is in your neck of the woods again today..... don't let that -30 below stuff come back until he's out again, ok??? :p

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
WooHoo, Monte! You are a real pistol! Thank you so much, my friend, for letting us get to know you a little better and for the laughs I got reading it.

BTW You are a really handsome guy!!!

K

Kimchee

Glad to meet you!
That is a righteous steam traction engine.. what an incredible era for machinery.
Great Last Meal answer, too!

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Well, Monte--that was a nice honest description. DW is lucky to have you and I suspect you are lucky to have her. I wish she would pop by--she bakes, if I remember correctly.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Well done Monte. :thumb: :tiphat: I know you better than some from our time over on forums forums ...but even I learned a thing or two more about you. Do you think something like this would go over with that cantankerous crowd over on FF? :yum: Who am I kidding ....now that you have even more of the ladies here as fans you won't be spending much time over on FF. :yum: :D :yankchain:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
It's nice to see that most people around here are just plain folks. Seems we're all an awful lot alike, which is probably why we tolerate ourselves so well.

Biskit

Well done Monte. :thumb: :tiphat: I know you better than some from our time over on forums forums ...but even I learned a thing or two more about you. Do you think something like this would go over with that cantankerous crowd over on FF? :yum: Who am I kidding ....now that you have even more of the ladies here as fans you won't be spending much time over on FF. :yum: :D :yankchain:

Thanks Doc, and thank-you, everyone! :tiphat: As for a member spotlight over on FF, why not?

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
These Spotlights are Great. It is really nice to get to know you Monte-
I am surprize nobody mentioned the river your next to.
What river? How good is the fishing! I am an X Trucker- I know what you mean by Chicken Fried Steak. OH YEAH- Biscuits and Gravy! My favorite too.
When you get time, how about a couple more pictures of the river. Is that your house next to it?
Thanks Again Monte. Great Job!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
What a great spotlight Monte! It's great getting to know you better. I hope your DW gets to see this, I think she would be touched...you sound like a really great guy!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, Monte! That last close-up photo of you, even with the shades, shows you to be hot, hot, HOT!!!! Cutest thing since sliced bread!

I was one of the people who nominated you for a Spotlight, partly because you are SUCH a sweet person!

Great to see and hear a man who loves and appreciates his wife as much as you do yours! You two are so lucky to have each other!

Lee

Biskit

These Spotlights are Great. It is really nice to get to know you Monte-
I am surprize nobody mentioned the river your next to.
What river? How good is the fishing! I am an X Trucker- I know what you mean by Chicken Fried Steak. OH YEAH- Biscuits and Gravy! My favorite too.
When you get time, how about a couple more pictures of the river. Is that your house next to it?
Thanks Again Monte. Great Job!

We have the James and Pipestem Rivers converging in town. They're both controlled by dams situated north of our city. Their reservoirs are primarily for flood control, but they provide fishing and other water sporting opportunities. Fishing is pretty good at times, mediocre usually. We have perch, bluegill, walleye, and northern pike. Throw in carp and bullheads (a relative of the catfish) and you have our fishing.
Ice fishing is big here. As soon as the ice is thick enough to walk on, guys are out punching holes in the ice. Ice shanties soon follow. Many of those become more of a refuge from normal life as much as a shelter for fishing out of during cold winter days. Think of it! You have your full sized 4X4 pickup or SUV parked outside one of these shanties. Two to three feet of ice keep it from becoming a submarine. You look at your Vexilar and note that you're on top of 30 feet of water. You're too deep! So, you hitch your vehicle to the shanty, lower the wheels and head closer to shore. Only 10 feet or so is better.
Such is life in the Frozen North!

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
We have the James and Pipestem Rivers converging in town. They're both controlled by dams situated north of our city. Their reservoirs are primarily for flood control, but they provide fishing and other water sporting opportunities. Fishing is pretty good at times, mediocre usually. We have perch, bluegill, walleye, and northern pike. Throw in carp and bullheads (a relative of the catfish) and you have our fishing.
Ice fishing is big here. As soon as the ice is thick enough to walk on, guys are out punching holes in the ice. Ice shanties soon follow. Many of those become more of a refuge from normal life as much as a shelter for fishing out of during cold winter days. Think of it! You have your full sized 4X4 pickup or SUV parked outside one of these shanties. Two to three feet of ice keep it from becoming a submarine. You look at your Vexilar and note that you're on top of 30 feet of water. You're too deep! So, you hitch your vehicle to the shanty, lower the wheels and head closer to shore. Only 10 feet or so is better.
Such is life in the Frozen North!
I used to live on Algonac Bay in Michigan. I know of an seen alot of them fishing shanties, tho I never been. But, I used to race my car out on the ice. It is funny in the summer when you go fishing, you still see some cars lying on the bottom of the lake.
Bullheads are great eating. We use to catch them abundantly at night.
Thanks for the info Monte. It is a real pleasure getting to know you a little better.

Biskit

I know I haven't responded to many of the other spotlight features. Suffice it to say that I have enjoyed getting to know each of you very much. I think this little part of this forum helps us bond and understand each other a bit better. Let's keep 'em coming!

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter

Very true to them all, especially that!!!:yum::wink:

LOVE the pics!!

Last edited:

Deelady

Very nice spotlight Biskit! :)
Blond at the truck stop....so its NOT the coffee you go for every morning!! LOL ;)

buckytom

Grill Master

i think he forgot an "h" somewhere... :whistling:

great to see you, biskit!!!! great beard, too. one of those really thick grizzly adams' beards.

and lol about dirty dishes. good answer.