Member Spotlight: Luckytrim

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
Re: Member Spotlights

Member Spotlight - Luckytrim

Tell us a little about yourself - your family or household, kids, pets, occupation, etc.

I'm an empty nester; it's just me and the Warden for about 5 years now................Hmm..... wonder what the upstairs looks like now ?

The Warden and I grew up about 15 miles and eleven years apart in W. Va.--- tho' we didn't meet until 1977, here near Philly....... no pets, no pool, etc......

Out of the Navy, I stayed in NYC ("how do you keep 'em down on the farm, once they've seen.....") got a job with a solid wall street firm, and would be very comfortable had I hung around, but after seven years, went to work for the stateof New Jersey as a Corrections Officer (prison Guard)--- that lasted two years, and, after being totally bored 99% of the time, and terrified the other 1%, I took a job in the printing / labeling industry, and have been there ever since.....If you've used a chapstick, bought a bic pen, or bought a bottle of Malibu Rum, you've seen our work

What part of the world do you live in?

I am almost half-way between Philadelphia and Trenton, a half-mile from the Delaware river where the Pa. Turnpike crosses it......

How did you find the NCT community?

I was invited from that "Other Place" - dunno why ........

Do you have any hobbies besides cooking?

Oh, Yes !
When Disco chased Rock up an alley somewhere and kicked it's butt, I went back to my roots with a vengeance. I now hold the most extensive collection of "Classic Country" music that I know about; I have to carry a rider on my home-owners policy just to protect the investment; Hundreds of LP's, almost 2 thousand audio tapes,etc.
(Hey SmokeKing; did I give something away here, LOL?)

If you could choose any profession or occupation, what would it be and why?

I would love to have been a professional musician- I would have greatly enjoyed being a member of the Silver Bullet Band, or on the road with the Boss........ (Sigh!)

How and why did you choose your Username? What does it mean?

I will not bore you with the explanation of how, in 11th grade, how I went from being "Larry" to "Lucky" ; Dan will bore you with it, if you ask him...... My last name, Trimmer, brings the username to fruition !

What is a typical day like for you?

A workday starts at 4:15 AM, when the coffee maker wakes me up. It ends at 3:30, and I'm only a mile from home........I don't work Fridays........
My weekends are no different from yours...........

What accomplishment are you most proud of?

That would be that, somehow, a man who started out a rebel, was in Reform School by age 14, continued to screw up in all the ways a "stoned age" participant could, managed, when confronted with Fatherhood, got it together and raised two of the finest boys a man could ask for............

Give us 5 words that describe you.
At this point in my life ?

Non-judgemental
non-confrontational
reflective
meditative
resigned

Name 5 things you can't live without.

The Warden
The weekend
Seafood
music
My couch

Who is your role model and why?

I have no role model, at least not since James Dean, at least consciously; probably would have been an easier life if I'd had one, LOL !

Tell us one thing about yourself that people would be surprised to know.

I once worked backstage in a Burlesque House in NYC, and auditioned to be a contestant on "What's My Line" on the strength of that job.......

What would the child you once were think of the adult you have become?

He would think, "What does this old fart have to do with me ?"

What is the best moment of your life so far?

Whatever it is, I probably won't remember it..........

How and at what age did you start cooking?

I started cooking at age 29........ I started cooking WELL at age 45......

Do you have a signature dish or one that you make especially well?

I am known around these parts as "The Soup Nutzie"

What is your favorite spice?

cayenne

What 2 cooking tools/gadgets/appliances would you swap from your kitchen and what would you swap them for?

No, thanks ! I'll keep what I've got !

What is your favorite restaurant meal?

I always order seafood, in one form or another.

What would your last meal be if you could choose anything at all?

God, what a tough question.......... I'll probably change my mind four or five times in the last 24 hours, but right now, Surf and Turf

Who would you most like to prepare a meal for and why. What would you serve?

Orson Welles, because, no matter what I served, He'd clean it right up, and I'd feel great !

Who would you most like to have prepare a meal for you?

My Granny ! (but of course, that's impossible [Sigh!])

100 years from now, how would you like to be remembered?

He listened, he tried to understand, he never hurt anything.[/QUOTE]

Age 14, on the left, with Mom, and Friend

View attachment 5533

Yearbook Pic, senior year

View attachment 5534

1969 - NYC

View attachment 5535

recent photo

View attachment 5536

Attachments

• LT01.jpg
    LT01.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,155
  • LT02.jpg
    LT02.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,138
  • LT03.jpg
    LT03.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,155
  • LT04.jpg
    LT04.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,047

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
:applause::applause::applause: Thank you for this peek into your life, LT. From reform school to prison guard - that's pretty amazing!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks for sharing LT! It sounds like you and "The Warden" were meant to be.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Ahhhh, how many of us have walked many steps in your shoes. LMAO. It's a wonder as many of us survived as we did. Great interview, and nice to get to know you better.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I can relate for sure. :thumb: :D GREAT job LT. Thanks for sharing. I can only imagine what it would be like to play backup for the "Boss" :eek: :thumb:
So ....you must also be Daytripper on another site. I had not figured that out till now. :yum:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, that was GREAT, LT!!

You are so quiet and reserved (those 5 words to describe you say a LOT!) that it was really interesting to read about you! I suspect that you are very modest and humble, as well.

Handsome devil, too!

So, at what point in your life did you pick up the nickname for your DW? :wink:

Thanks for sharing!

Lee

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I really enjoyed your spotlight! I still get tickled when you call your wife The Warden.

homecook

Great spotlight LT!! Thanks for sharing a part of your life with us. I loved the 5 things you can't live without. LOL

K

Kimchee

Isn't life just an amazing ride!
Thanks for the peek inside, LT!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Awesome LT, and I love the pics, especially the old ones. There is something so special about the way those look.

And damn, you were quite the stud weren't you! DW isn't allowed to view this thread! :yum:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
What a nice read LT.
You know I read this, this morning and never got around to telling you how much I enjoyed it.
Thanks for sharing YOU.

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
When young Larry Trimmer moved to Livonia Mi.
He became an immediate friend with the group of people I hung with.
Being the new dude on the block, a couple of the neighborhood bully's was going to try and put (Larry) in his place. He stood up to them, he rhetericed them to fear, and they left. When he walked up to me I said"Lucky" And the name stuck.
If you asked me back then what I thought he would become. I would of said a dancer. He taught all us young dudes to dance! (Kof C Dances We looked good).
If someone suggested that Lucky and I would be sending Canned goods and recipes back and forth across country. (At that time). They would of got their A_ _ Kicked. We have been friends almost 50 years!
I would say "The Warden" was most diffently the best thing that ever happened to him!

Junior16yrsold001.jpg

I lived in (& grew up in) NYC until the late 60's. I worked on Wall Street, as well. (Bored outta my mind job.) My dad was in the Navy too. Who knows, we might have shared a subway car, or bumped into one another in Central Park. Fascinating to read profiles, & learn how much we all have in common. Thanks for opening up & sharing your interests etc. with us. It's a small world. And... you look/sound like you might have a little James Dean in ya. ;-)