Member Spotlight - Profile Idea

I do miss seeing the member spotlight, & getting to know members here.

A suggestion -- how about rather than secretly nominating a member & having a standard set of questions, the topic be renamed - Getting to know you, or something along those lines. Since the profile page doesn't leave much room for interests etc., members can voluntarily share about themselves & submit pics of choice. Have noticed several members referring to one another on a first-name basis, & mentioning family (?) member's by name. Perhaps, members can share whatever personal info they wish & what name they choose to be addressed by.

I do enjoy the roving apron thread & this is what I look like, however there are rules that apply re roving apron (must be pictured cooking etc.). A Getting to know you thread, would allow members to share about themselves (family, career, pics, etc.) what they wish. Just a thought ;-)

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good suggestion CA Cook. :thumb: The Member Spotlight has kinda died down and letting members share when they want to would work just fine. Some were asked about the Spotlight and they politely declined where they might choose to share a little bit in a getting to know you forum. Thanks. :tiphat: I'll look into making that happen sometime next week.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I completely missed this. Good idea. Share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I do miss the member spotlights!
Those sure were fun.
The pics are always appreciated.
I'd give my last dime to know what some of the members look like, because it's frustrating not being able to put a face with a name.. but it's a good idea to share what you feel most comfy with.. and sharing a 'getting to know you' type of thing.

QuirkyCookery

I'm new around here, so I'm not sure how popular the spotlights used to be. I've been a frequent forum goer for years, though, and it always seemed to me that the Introduction type forums always had lots of new threads....but few people actually reading and commenting on them. Hopefully they would be more interactive here with more readers and people actually getting to know each other. :)