Maglite Led Modification

Lefty

Yank
The best thing to happen since sliced bread. I have always been a big fan of maglites as my favorite flashlight. The two flaws they have (2aa model) is when you drop them from over 4 feet you are going to be replcaing the bulb and the battery life is not good.

Last year I picked up a new 2aa maglite for work and I noticed they sold a 3 led kit as an upgrade from the standard. I installed it and have no negative things to say about it. I am still on the original batteries a year later and have left it on overnight 2 times. I have also dropped it from ten feet up on a ladder and no broken bulb. My review of this product is four thumbs up with no negatives to report after one year. I recently misplaced it and flet very nekid without it (yes the pocketknife thread made me think of this). BTW, it is available at Wal-Mart as well as many other places. roughly 4 bucks, and the money you save on batteries makes this one of the "greenest" products I have seen in a long time. (no I am not a tree hugger, but I have been known to have a fondness of bushes)

Biskit

I haven't switched my 2AA maglite over, but my 3D got the switcheroo! I found an LED bulb at Fleet Farm for something like $7 last year. For work, the city bought me the 2D version. You can see into some pretty darn deep manholes with no problems at all.

Maglites + LED's make the PERFECT combination. All other flashlite makers might as well declare bankrupcy!

Lefty

Yank
I haven't switched my 2AA maglite over, but my 3D got the switcheroo! I found an LED bulb at Fleet Farm for something like $7 last year. For work, the city bought me the 2D version. You can see into some pretty darn deep manholes with no problems at all.

Maglites + LED's make the PERFECT combination. All other flashlite makers might as well declare bankrupcy!
I agree, maglite is the best with the upgrade by far.