Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
2 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
4 egg yolks
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and salt until the butter turns pale. Add the egg yolks and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.

Gradually mix in the flour. You may need to use your hands to get it all to form a ball.

Refrigerated the dough for a couple of hours.

Measure out about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball. Use your little finger to poke a hole in the center. Fill the holes all the way with raspberry, blackberry, apricot jam or lemon curd and then refrigerated for about 1/2 hour right before baking so they wouldn't spread too much and the filling overflow.

Bake at 350° F for about 20 minutes until the bottoms just begin to brown. Dust with powdered sugar, make a powdered sugar glaze to drizzle over them or melt some white or semi sweet chocolate that is thinned down with a little milk and drizzle over them.

Makes about 68 cookies.

Attachments

• thumbprint-cookies.jpg
    thumbprint-cookies.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 324

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
ooohhhhllllll, so pretty, mama! those appear @ each fam. gathering known to mankind on my Mom's side of the family:D. (only difference is often they're covered in chopped nuts before baking). apricot's my fave, yum~

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow, lemon curd thumbprint cookies! What a brilliant idea!

And I love the white chocolate drizzle!

Those look so puffy and melt-in-your mouth, Mama!

Lee

Last edited:

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks y'all....these are like a shortbread cookie filled with jam. The lemon curd are actually my favorite Lee!

Bells

My grandmother made these and filled them with many different things. I just put them on my Christmas to-do-list. Thanks!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Made some using lemon curd for Christmas!

Not quite as round and as perfect as Mama's (the chilled dough was quite HARD!) and a little browner on the bottom than I'd like after 18 minutes, but still good.

Next time, I'll check them after 16 minutes.

Lee

Attachments

• Thumbprint Jewel Cookies (Mama's).JPG
    Thumbprint Jewel Cookies (Mama's).JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 181