What's on the menu NCT Sunday 8/19/12 - Saturday 8/25/12?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I have cast iron stove top grilled skirt steak, stir fried veggies and rice planned for dinner tonight.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Celebrating DD's birthday today (it was 8-9 but they were busy) and making chicken kebobs (chicken has marinated in Italian dressing since yesterday), baked sweet potatoes, corn on the cob and salad. DW made a chocolate cake from scratch and will frost it with mock whipped cream frosting, the one you make with flour & milk and cool overnight in the fridge. We all love that frosting.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
...gotta do something with these today; probably in a slow oven ...........

006-7.jpg

Leni

Dad would take those and brown them then slow cook them on top of the stove with sauerkraut and caraway seed until the meat was falling off the bones. He's serve them with apple sauce and boiled potatoes.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Pot roast in the pressure cooker with veggies and homemade dinner rolls.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I have cast iron stove top grilled skirt steak, stir fried veggies and rice planned for dinner tonight.
Change of plans. We went to the farm and on the way home my DD got a craving for red Lobster all you can eat shrimp. SO she offered to take us out for lunch. I got the fried flounder hub and the girls got shrimp. I am stuffed! And they want me to make those biscuits. I was freezing and my hands and feet felt like ice cubes. I may be coming down with something. BUT at least I won't have to cook tonight because everyone one is stuffed.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We went to Red Lobster last week Peeps. I could make a meal out of the biscuits :lol:

We had pot roast with onions, celery, potatoes, carrots and peas along with homemade rolls. It hit the spot. There's plenty of leftovers for tomorrow night too.

Attachments

• dinner0819-1012.jpg
    dinner0819-1012.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 418

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We went to Red Lobster last week Peeps. I could make a meal out of the biscuits :lol:

We had pot roast with onions, celery, potatoes, carrots and peas along with homemade rolls. It hit the spot. There's plenty of leftovers for tomorrow night too.
OH MAMA!!

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
For this Sunday Fran made a basic dinner with beets, green beans, and a couple of beautiful and delicious fillets. I love being married to a woman who cooks nearly everything from scratch. The beets and beans were from the local farmers' market and they were picked less than 24 hours before purchase. Mmmmmm, summer......

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I just had a bowl of cheerios with sliced fresh strawberries for dinner.

I got a basket of BEAUTIFUL strawberries, 4 qts (2 1/2 lb) green and red frying peppers ($3.00), 4 giant tomatoes, a wedge of watermellon, a bag of sesame rolls, a pound of imported capellini pasta and a can of herring in some green sauce (I don't eat it). And it only cost $20.00 even!!

Embryodad

Tina's Halupkie's.....

Only Jimmy had to have his Sunday Spaghetti.....

So Halupkietti it was..haaaaaaa

ad0e5402.jpg

c90be59f.jpg

Are you kidding?? ..... Ummmm They are also good with mashed potatoes, and Gravy!.... I like em like that too!

Then a slice of Coconut Custard Pie...

bafe1558.jpg

And a nice Apple Popover from Sams Club. they are not bad, and I found some apple in mine!

a9bb117a.jpg

All in All....It was a nice eating day! Cool inside, and outside, and not humid.

And Now.....I'm thinking of whats for supper tomorrow!!

Embryodad

Baked Onions, just getting started..........
010-7.jpg

Ribs n' Spuds

012-6.jpg

Plated, with Corn w/ bacon

017-2.jpg
OK L t.... that's it! You win the bestest lookinest meal of the day contest!!

Wow! That looks like Takeaway! ...Yep! Takaway what I made to eat, and have some of yours. UMmmmmm!!! Those onions are awesome looking!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Tina's Halupkie's.....

Only Jimmy had to have his Sunday Spaghetti.....

So Halupkietti it was..haaaaaaa

ad0e5402.jpg

c90be59f.jpg

Are you kidding?? ..... Ummmm They are also good with mashed potatoes, and Gravy!.... I like em like that too!

Then a slice of Coconut Custard Pie...

bafe1558.jpg

And a nice Apple Popover from Sams Club. they are not bad, and I found some apple in mine!

a9bb117a.jpg

All in All....It was a nice eating day! Cool inside, and outside, and not humid.

And Now.....I'm thinking of whats for supper tomorrow!!
That all looks fantastic Jimmy!! :respect:
:piesmiley1:

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter
'bad pic on the last... It's, Pork ribs with carrots and broccoli. I'm so mad over the last pic looking like, well never mind!

K

Kimchee

Jjambong! Spicy Korean seafood soup, with mussels, squid, scallops and shrimp. My first attempt, wife said it was a keeper. :)

Attachments

• Jjambong.jpg
    Jjambong.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 406

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter

attachment.php

Yum, Yum! looks so Yum!!! :)

Embryodad

'bad pic on the last... It's, Pork ribs with carrots and broccoli. I'm so mad over the last pic looking like, well never mind!

It still looks good lifesaver.

We at least know what it is. "S" happens sometimes.

I take a lot of shaky or fuzzy pics sometimes, but I always say,"Thank god I didn't have to buy film, and then wait to have them processed and developed, and THEN find out Ooops...
At least with digital..you waste nothing, and have the opportunity to fix some and or reshoot.

If I'm not sure of the pic, there is a preview button that I could look at the pics I just took to see (although small) if they are somewhat so/ so .

I don't know what it is...everytime I try and take a pic of my precious beautiful wife...she winds up with her eye or eyes closed, or in a silly pose.

I recently have the same problem. I hate to pose. I tell DW...take candid photos...don't say say cheese. That went out with high top boots. Ha Ha Ha .

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Yum LS! We can tell from the other pics that those ribs were awesome!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We met one of the local Pampered Chef representatives at out county fair last week, and were introduced to microwave potato chips. Me and DW both like the flavor, so I came home, got out the mandolin slicer and came up with these chips. I just sprinkled them with sea salt and baked for 4 minutes on high in my 1,000W microwave. Your time may vary based on wattage. Now I want to try them with sweet potatoes.

Batch #1

Microwavetaterchips.jpg

Batch #2

Microwavetaterchips082012.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Those are nice Joe!

I've a recipe saved for tomato, corn and basil soup.
Going to make that for dinner.