Who knew?

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Iranian cleric: Promiscuous women cause quakes

By SCHEHEREZADE FARAMARZI (AP) – 3 hours ago
BEIRUT — A senior Iranian cleric says women who wear immodest clothing and behave promiscuously are to blame for earthquakes.
Iran is one of the world's most earthquake-prone countries, and the cleric's unusual explanation for why the earth shakes follows a prediction by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that a quake is certain to hit Tehran and that many of its 12 million inhabitants should relocate.
"Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men astray, corrupt their chastity and spread adultery in society, which (consequently) increases earthquakes," Hojatoleslam Kazem Sedighi was quoted as saying by Iranian media. Sedighi is Tehran's acting Friday prayer leader.

The entire story is here:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5inJDPJiXU9k0tYQetNGUhTCNqAcgD9F698N00

CharlieD

Well, it's hard to argue with peopple's believes. I am sure he is whole hartedly believs in this. What can i say, they also believe that Holocoast did not happen, that Isreal and the infidels have to be destroyed. so on and so force (or is it forth?)

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I dunno, but after reading the article, I'm convinced California is about to slide right off into the ocean. LOL

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
You prove my point, CC! (Especially after seeing the picture you posted in the nostalgia thread. That was definitely enough to "lead young men astray"!)

vyapti

That's not remarkably different from some of the words that spill out of Pat Robertson's mouth.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
When I first read this story, I laughed my butt off. All I could thing was how I wished I had that kinda power. However, I had a sobering thought - I hope they don't start punishing "promiscuous and immodest" Iranian women for causing earthquakes. Crazy proclamations like that could lead to "open season" on any woman who exposes more than the whites of her eyes.

+1 for your post, vyapti.

buckytom

Grill Master
did anyone else think this when they first read the article?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1aFrAV3d1o[/ame]

it's pretty funny, in perspective of the article, if you know the story.

and who doesn't like dancers dressed up like "i dream of jeannie"?