Whats cooking Election Day Tuesday November 3, 2009?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i am not sure yet. i have several choices.

what about you?

chowhound

Well, I had a cold hot dog on a bun with mustard around 8, goes great with coffee. And some pork gravy and noodles around 10... I'm hoping I have curbed my appetite enough to make Fryboy's Porcini/marsala/chicken fricassee. If I am feeling lazy though, I'll throw the thighs on the grill instead.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Have some shrimp in the fridge, and I was going to make a nice stirfry, but DW and DD are going shopping tonight. I think I will make some popcorn shrimp for DS and me...

joec

Gold Site Supporter
We also have a pork roast marinating but haven't decided yet on the side dishes.

homecook

You're right, maybe I'll throw my butt on the grill instead...
:twak::biggrin:

I think that would hurt just as bad.......I'm just sayin.....

I'm thinking of making a comfort food dish tonight. It's time consuming so I'm not sure I'll get to it. We'll see. I'll let you know later.

Ok.....I'm making chicken paprikash/spaetzle..........DS and his GF are beating me up about it..........it's what's for dinner tonight! LOL

Last edited:

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Spaghetti with sauce made from leftover meatloaf and garlic bread. It's something that will comfort my daughter since she went to court this morning.

AllenOK

Well, PeppA bought some Tilapia, and dropped a VERY big hint that she wants it blackened. I went out this morning and tried to add some fresh catfish to that, but no dice.

Not sure about the sides. Probably Fried Taters, and some kind of veg.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Ha! Doc had to mention that Arby's chicken salad sandwich, sooooooo guess what?
LOL!
That and curly fries and a mandarin peach iced tea.
Later gators!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
One of my comfort foods - Mini wagon wheel pasta topped with meat sauce (cubed bottom round roast seasoned well and browned, then simmered in burgundy wine till tender, then "pulled" and added to red gravy) and grated Italian cheese.

mini_wheels_meat_sauce_110309_1_P1040647.JPG

mini_wheels_meat_sauce_110309_2_P1040660.JPG

Last edited:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
DD & DSIL wanted us to look at a house with them, and after the tour we went to Panera and all had soup & 1/2 sammies.

chowhound

Grilled thighs with a hot garlic sauce I'm working on, rice and carrots.

Attachments

• grilled chicken.jpg
    grilled chicken.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 84

homecook

I think that would hurt just as bad.......I'm just sayin.....

I'm thinking of making a comfort food dish tonight. It's time consuming so I'm not sure I'll get to it. We'll see. I'll let you know later.

Ok.....I'm making chicken paprikash/spaetzle..........DS and his GF are beating me up about it..........it's what's for dinner tonight! LOL

Dinner is finally finished.......or was a bit ago. lol

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 76

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
One of my comfort foods - Mini wagon wheel pasta topped with meat sauce (cubed bottom round roast seasoned well and browned, then simmered in burgundy wine till tender, then "pulled" and added to red gravy) and grated Italian cheese.

Good lookin' recipe, Peepsie. Tried to Karmalize you but the software told me to back off.......

Last edited by a moderator:

Deelady

Thank looks fantastic Barb!!! Never had that before....

Chow, yours looks great too! What is that on the carrots? Ranch?

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
I cooked a chicken dinner that merits its own post so tomorrow when I pull up the pix I'll cross reference or copy here. Basically it was a takeoff on the fried fish instant potato flakes thread I posted this past weekend.

This was the most tender, juiciest chicken I've ever had.

This was the best chicken ever...... sigh.....

lilbopeep

Site Supporter

Good lookin' recipe, Peepsie. Tried to Karmalize you but the software told me to back off.......
thank you buzzy!! i got the same when i tried to hit ya with my greenie gun!! tomorrow is another day.

homecook

Nice, Barb. But when I make this I'm still going to shred my chicken like Heather ;^)

My son just mentioned that tonight. Maybe next time. lol

Thanks.
Yeah, I'm breaking out the measuring spoons and trying to make it a recipe. And it's not too bad... I think you'll like it.

I can't wait............

Thank looks fantastic Barb!!! Never had that before....

Chow, yours looks great too! What is that on the carrots? Ranch?

Thanks Dee! It's one of my "comfort foods" from my grandmother.

Deelady

I cooked a chicken dinner that merits its own post so tomorrow when I pull up the pix I'll cross reference or copy here. Basically it was a takeoff on the fried fish instant potato flakes thread I posted this past weekend.

This was the most tender, juiciest chicken I've ever had.

This was the best chicken ever...... sigh.....

can't wait to see pics!!

Your looked tasty too Peeps!

I was voted out 2-1 for Diguorno (sp?) so I had a slice of that with left over mac salad.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Too bad libertarian lamb stew wasn't on the posted menu at the election day supper downtown, otherwise, I'da hit 'em up for it.