Sunday, January 6, 2019, to Saturday, January 12, 2019, what's cooking?

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
We'll be having beef back ribs, the bones cut from boneless prime ribs and rib eyes, cooked low and slow on the grill plus TBD sides. We were supposed to have collard greens and corn pudding, but that was before we discovered the collard green shortage going on. The ribs have been in a red wine based marinade since early yesterday evening.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Lunch: crab salad on crusty bread slices.
20190106_113331-768x768.jpg

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
They had collards at the grocery today, so we got to have them. Used Alton Brown's corn pudding recipe. I really like it!

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I made some of my Mom's baked chicken wings and brushed some truffle hot sauce (a Christmas gift from a friend) on the leftovers as I re-heated them.

Delicious! Served with more sauce, mixed with a little butter, and bleu cheese dressing.

Lee

Attachments

• Truffle hot sauce.JPG
    Truffle hot sauce.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 198
  • Truffle wings.JPG
    Truffle wings.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 206

Johnny West

We were without power since 0125 last night night and it didn't come on till later 5 this evening. I had beef carnitas in the crock pot so it got shuffled to the stove top but never finished the rest due to darkness. We ordered Pizza Hut and they gave us half off discount due to airpower outage.

We had 60 MPH winds come through and over 200K were without power. Our power was off due to a fir tree coming down over the power lines at the top of our housing development.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Happy Birthday Dinner at the Texas Roadhouse...

12 Oz. Filet, Mushroom Blanket , Fries (were over-salted), a a side-o-Ribs...

Texas Roadhouse Filet Mignon.jpg

Texas Roadhouse Ribs.jpg

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
We were without power since 0125 last night night and it didn't come on till later 5 this evening. I had beef carnitas in the crock pot so it got shuffled to the stove top but never finished the rest due to darkness. We ordered Pizza Hut and they gave us half off discount due to airpower outage.

We had 60 MPH winds come through and over 200K were without power. Our power was off due to a fir tree coming down over the power lines at the top of our housing development.

That's a long time to be without power anytime, but especially in the winter.

Glad you got it back before spending another night in darkness!

Lee

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Smoked salmon, etc. on toasted bagel and Caesar salad.

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_4825.JPG
    IMG_4825.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 192

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Roasted cauliflower, thin linguine (topped with tomato sauce and grated parm reg & pecorino romano) and eggplant parmesan.

eggplant_parmesan_010719_122618_IMG_5267.JPG

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
Air Fried Cornish Game Hens-Fried Rice w/Shrimp.

Attachments

• mondin.jpg
    mondin.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 199

medtran49

Gold Site Supporter
Our dinner last night was one of our old standbys, tricolor rotini pasta with mild and hot Italian sausage, onions, mushrooms, garlic, zucchini, diced or stewed canned tomatoes, with a bit of basil and beef broth, topped with grated parm.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Not sure about dinner tonight.
I was considering smothered turkey wings or the toad in the hole.
I've worked all night til 6 this morning, so I'll see how I feel later.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Meh,I'm just having a sandwich or something.
DIL goes to work tonight, she says don't bother.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Looks great Sass.

Dinner here was Breaded chicken cutlet, breaded cauliflower and jasmine rice (tomato sauce to top).

chicken_cutlet_010919_IMG_5274.JPG