Super Site Supporter
Dark Chocolate Candied Orange Peel
Ingredients:
3 oranges or 4 small oranges, peel only
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
Dark chocolate

Directions:
To prepared Candied Orange Peel, peel oranges, scoring the peel into 5 or 6 sections to make them equal in size. Place the peel in a saucepan, cover with water and simmer 10 minutes. (This is extra water than in the recipe) Drain and let cool. With a grapefruit knife, lift off most of the white pith. In a saucepan combine the water and sugar. Bring to a boil
and cook until dissolved. Add peel and let simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 45 minutes to an hour. Lift peel onto waxed paper to cool. Makes about 1 cup candied peel.
When the orange peel is cool and dry. Temper dark chocolate and dip the candied orange peel about 3/5 of the way. Place on clean waxed paper.

Dark Chocolate Candied Orange Peel
Ingredients:
3 oranges or 4 small oranges, peel only
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
Dark chocolate

Directions:
To prepared Candied Orange Peel, peel oranges, scoring the peel into 5 or 6 sections to make them equal in size. Place the peel in a saucepan, cover with water and simmer 10 minutes. (This is extra water than in the recipe) Drain and let cool. With a grapefruit knife, lift off most of the white pith. In a saucepan combine the water and sugar. Bring to a boil
and cook until dissolved. Add peel and let simmer until liquid is absorbed, about 45 minutes to an hour. Lift peel onto waxed paper to cool. Makes about 1 cup candied peel.
When the orange peel is cool and dry. Temper dark chocolate and dip the candied orange peel about 3/5 of the way. Place on clean waxed paper.

I like your precision .... I usually dip mine in "about half-way" in comparison to your 3/5, but I am a fraction/percentage kinda guy, so I like your precision. (but then you used "about" so I guess you got it covered either way!)

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Well, with baking and candymaking you have to use all your senses. Times are guidelines. You always have to watch and test because everyone's oven or stove is a bit different.

Well, with baking and candymaking you have to use all your senses. Times are guidelines. You always have to watch and test because everyone's oven or stove is a bit different.

But some of my Senses like to take "Holidays". They dont all come to work every day. I just have to hope that the ones who came to work that day can all work together to make up for the absent ones.