I gave myself a gift

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I got myself a combo Xmas, Valentines Day, Mothers Day, 26 year Wedding Anniversary & 2 year non smoker gift!! I bought a Nook Color and I am loving it so far. I have lurked and posted here from the Nook. I am at the moment listening to Jim Croce on Pandora radio. I have to decide which book I want to christen my baby with. LOL I was a bit $$$ but ....

Last edited:

Carolina Cooking

What is that?

I like thiller/horror/supense and Stephen King the best.

Oh its none of those .. Its about Black Maids in the South that write a book about the ladys they work for... The book must weigh 5lbs lol Huge read. I couldn' t put it down. Its a page turner. I read it in 2 days.

:sorry: I don't read those books .

Last edited:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What is that?

I like thiller/horror/supense and Stephen King the best.

Me, too!

Congratulations, Peep!

Beach Road, by James Patterson, was one of my favorite page-turners.

NOT Beach House!

Lee

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
yay, girl!

a 'song' 4 'ya .....he-he- she's a bad, bad, peepsie girl, baddest peep in the whole da#$*& towwnnnnnn, ordering a self-gift that won't make her frown. badder than 'ol king kng, sweeter than a junkyard pooch-kins

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hey, you're worth it. Enjoy your new toy.

yay, girl!

a 'song' 4 'ya .....he-he- she's a bad, bad, peepsie girl, baddest peep in the whole da#$*& towwnnnnnn, ordering a self-gift that won't make her frown. badder than 'ol king kng, sweeter than a junkyard pooch-kins
LOL Thank you Barb, Joe, Lee and for the serenade luvs!

My girl just HAD to go to B&N so while she was doing whatever I decided to lsit and play with the Nooks. I lurked at NCT on the Nook and decided HEY!! LOL I have been online surfing and listening to Pandora BUT I STILL haven't bought a book!! LOL I can hook up to my PC and put music, pics, office apps - docs, spreadsheets, power point (READ ONLY) copies on the Nook or I can buy a editable office. I can also put my audio books on my PC then drag them to the Nook.

Nancy-MD

Is a Nook like a Kindle or iPad? Don't know if Kindle books will work with the Nook, but if you go to Pixel of Ink you can download free books. I have Kindle for PC and I get the subscription to the free books daily.

www.pixelofink.com

Forgot to say WTG on the gift for yourself!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Is a Nook like a Kindle or iPad? Don't know if Kindle books will work with the Nook, but if you go to Pixel of Ink you can download free books. I have Kindle for PC and I get the subscription to the free books daily.

www.pixelofink.com

Forgot to say WTG on the gift for yourself!

They aren't compatable. I guess it is like an ipad touch screen. I am using it to type this.
Thank you.

QuirkyCookery

That's awesome! Even if it's pricey, you'll get a lot of use out of it, and since it's a combined gift for all those occasion....it was technically cheap per event, hehe.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
That's awesome! Even if it's pricey, you'll get a lot of use out of it, and since it's a combined gift for all those occasion....it was technically cheap per event, hehe.
Thank you qc! I have been surfing the web mostly and posting here from the Nook. It will be nice on vacation to be able to keep in touch if I find a WiFi hotspot on the road. I can just pull out this small light Nook instead of toting the laptop.

I haven't bought a book yet but you can get samples and I am reading the sample of a Stephen King book "Full Dark No Stars". Has anyone (Lee) read this lastest book by SK? I don't usually like the ones with a bunch of short stories. I am considering getting Insomnia or It. It's been years since I read those and would be nice to read them again but the hardcovers are packed away somewhere. We have so many hard and soft cover books that a lot have been packed away to make room for the girls stuff.

Last edited:

QuirkyCookery

Definitely! They're so much more convenient than a laptop sometimes.

And I haven't read any of King's latest books from the last few years. I love his older books, but some of the newer ones didn't quite do it for me and I sorta lost interest in trying out the newest. :(

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Definitely! They're so much more convenient than a laptop sometimes.

And I haven't read any of King's latest books from the last few years. I love his older books, but some of the newer ones didn't quite do it for me and I sorta lost interest in trying out the newest. :(
I have a cover for the nook and when closed it is about the same size, shape and weight of a years daily journal.

I liked Duma Key, Cell, Lisey's Story, Under the Dome.

I just reread Bag of bones recently. That was a good book and I wonder if they are still making the movie. Once I finish reading this sample of the Full Dark ... if I don't like it I think I may buy Insomnia or It for the Nook. One of those big boys should last me through the vacation. LOL

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Thank you Nan I will check that out later.
To bad Amazon kindle and the Nook aren't compatible.