SLAW BURGERS

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
SLAW BURGERS

2 lb ground beef
1 medium onion, diced
12 oz. barbecue sauce (I use K.C.Masterpiece)
12 oz. water
5 to 6 TBL brown sugar
Buns
Horsey Cole Slaw http://netcookingtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=32892#post32892

In a large skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef and onion in a little shortening. Add barbecue sauce, water and brown sugar. Bring to boil; simmer for 2 hours.
Serve on buns, topped with Horsey Cole Slaw.

Last edited:

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter
I have noticed that a lot of recipes up north contain slaw or kraut. I love them both, but, never tried them on such a wide variety of foods before, lol. Kraut on hot dogs and brats is about it, or by itself, lol and the slaw, never had it on food at all, just by itself. Guess I will just have to expand my tastes!!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I was under the impression that the slaw burger is a southern manifestation..... Georgia or somethin'.........
I'm a freak for sauerkraut.......... tried making my own once...........decided that it, like butter, ketchup, and others, ain't worth the effort any more.......

Calicolady

I love slaw on burgers, ham & cheese, pulled pork, and even deep fried fish sandwiches.
I love slaw as a side too. I love slaw!
THE END

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
yep !

and I love sharing............. PM me an e-mail addy and I'll send ya a PDF collection of one sort or another....................offer is open to all-a-ya!

Today, I'm workin' out of my Hot Dog and Sandwich books