Warning .... Warning .... Disk Issues

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Guys,
An FYI for you all, just in case.
Our disk drive is making funny noises. I'm afraid it is on it's last leg. So I'm getting as much backed up as I can, and planning to order some new hardware.

IF the disk crashes hard it's going to be hard to rebuild. I'll get it done but it will take days rather than hours. I'm taking all the preemptive actions I can but I'm going by the "Hope for the best, plan for the worst" plan of action.
So .... if you cannot connect to either forums forums or Net Cooking talk or net tractor talk that would mean the server is down. If any one of those sites are up, the issue would not be on the server but possibly with your browser.

Don't fret if we are offline for an extended period. We will be back. But it will most likely take a few days. If I have to order parts that I do not have on hand, that will extend the down time to a week or more. I sure hope none of this happens but if it does, I feel better with you all being in the know.

So, please, keep you fingers crossed. (kinda hard to type that way but I'm sure you can handle it. LOL)

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the heads up, Doc!

All your efforts on our behalf are much appreciated!

Lee

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Lee, as all your efforts are also appreciated.

No problem at all. I actually enjoy this kind of work. I do think the disk will survive until the new one gets here but I prefer you all be in the know, so, if we disappear off the internet I don't want any panic or thinking we might not come back.