Your favorite nut?

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Pistachios, cashews (but can't eat a lot of em at one time) and anything honey roasted!
Planters Dry Roasted is pretty good too though.

Mr. Green Jeans

Hey Sattie, a brazilian nuts that's a lot isn't it?
Seriously, most of the hazelnuts/filberts produced in the US are located in the Willamette Valley, OR where I do my nursery thing. They are grown on non irrigated ground, flower in January and are harvested in October with a sweeper apparatus. I like 'em roasted/no salt with dried fruit.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
SMOKED ALMONDS, followed by pistacios and cashews.
I love my nuts.

Oh wait, did that sound proper?! :yum:

Mr. Green Jeans

Tamari Roasted Almonds

Preheat oven to 275
3# bag of whole raw almonds
Pour into a latge roasting pan and place in oven to roast 25 - 30 minutes
Remove from oven, sprinkle (3 -4 Tbsp) with tamari stir and return to oven.
Repeat every 10 minutes 4 - 5 x Tamari will carmelize on nuts turning them a rich, dark brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temprature before bagging or transfering to containers.

Works well with pecans too just shorten roasting time to 15 - 20 minutes.

Note: use tamari NOT soy sauce!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
My favorite nut? No doubt, it has to be my left, followed closely by my right.

There, everyone was waiting for some fool to come up with that one, so I'll take the hit for the team.

TexasGirl

The Invisible
Super Site Supporter

There, everyone was waiting for some fool to come up with that one, so I'll take the hit for the team.
:twak::yum::yum: yeap, I was waiting, just didn't think it would be you!! LOL I thought more along the lines of BT or RJ

Mr. Green Jeans

Nut--one seeded by abortion (only one ovule matures), usually hard-shelled. A small nut is a nutlet
Capsule--usually from a compound pistil, usually many-seeded. Capsules show various means of dehiscence ~that be your sunflower seed.
Sorry, a horticulturalist by training.

blondebullfrog

Nut--one seeded by abortion (only one ovule matures), usually hard-shelled. A small nut is a nutlet
Capsule--usually from a compound pistil, usually many-seeded. Capsules show various means of dehiscence ~that be your sunflower seed.
Sorry, a horticulturalist by training.

I suspected but didnt know for sure! :oops:

Fine.. Then does a Buckeye count? Even though you can't eat them it is my favorite nut... If it has to be an edible nut then I pick.... Boiled Peanuts!!

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

I swear I almost did it! Good job!!! :yum:

buckytom

Grill Master
i love almonds, followed closely by roasted peanuts in the shell.

having birds in the house means always having a lot of unshelled nuts around. i snack on brazil nuts, macadamias, almonds, hazelnuts, and of course peanuts almost every day.

rickismom

Low Carb Home Cook
Site Supporter
Mmmmm, tough question. I enjoy cashews, almonds and pistachios to snack on. I love to cook with pine nuts too! Mmmmmmm

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Imported pistachios are my favorites by a long shot.

California pistachios are my least favorite nut.

Lee

dansdiamond

Food Sound Eng.
Gold Site Supporter
I have 2 almond tree's, also a walnut tree, I can only eat a limited amount.
For some reason they restrict my breathing.
Pinenuts came to the rescue for my wife last year. She was having bad Stomach Cramps. Pine nuts relieved her pain.
Here I go. Mr. Medically Eating LOL.
SCIENTISTS CONFIRM: EXTRA VIRGIN SIBERIAN PINE NUT OIL IS A POWERFUL NATURAL GASTROINTESTINAL HEALER, METABOLISM BOOSTER AND DIGESTIVE AID

For many centuries native Siberians have successfully used pine nut oil to heal gastrointestinal disorders, aid digestion and boost stamina.

Wasabi

Peanuts......honey roasted, salted, boiled, in candy bars, and tossed in my favorite Thai Crunch Salad from California Pizza Kitchen.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
I'm not sure. There's Sass, Biskit, Buzz, FM, Lily, Keltin, Sushi, BT... gosh just so many on here....

Oh, wrong kinda nuts....