A trio of super good stuffed eggs

Ian M.

Somebody said something about stuffed eggs and that speaks straight to my appetite, so I raided my Mum's files and found my three favorites which she had posted on the forum she belonged to a year or so back:

Ranch Deviled Eggs

12 eggs - hard boiled
3 tsp. dry ranch dressing mix - (from 1 oz. package)
1/3 C mayonaise or salad dressing
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbls. chipped chives

In a 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, place eggs in single layer. Add enough wster to cover eggs by 1 inch. Heat to boiling; immediately remove from heat, cover and let stand 15 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water. Place eggs in bowl of ice water and let stand 10 minutes.

Remove shells and cut eggs lengthwise in half. Into medium bowl, slip out yolks, mash with fork and stir dressing mix, mayo and mustard into yolks.
Spoon or pipe yolk mixture into white halves. Sprinkle with chives and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.

Dijon Deviled Eggs

6 eggs - hard cooked
3 tbls. sour cream
3 tbls. creamy Dijon Mustard
1 medium green onion, finely chopped
1/4 tsp. seasoned salt
Paprika

Proceed as in recipe above

Relish Deviled Eggs

6 hard cooked eggs
2 tbls. mayo or salad dressing
2 tbls. mustard with hot dog relish
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 tsp. pepper
6 olives, sliced, if desired
2 cherry tomatoes, cut in half if desired.

Peel eggs, cut lengthwise in half and carefully remove yolks. Place yolks in small bowl, reserving egg whites. Mix yolks, mayo, relish, salt and pepper. Carefully spoon yolk mixture into egg white halves, cover and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Just before serving, top each egg half with either olive or tomato. Then serve immediately.

Any one of these or all three are wonderful starters for your next picnic.

Ian :bbq3:

Last edited:

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Love deviled eggs and suggest you try it with a strip of bacon crushed to a powder or bacon salt (wonderful stuff) also. It will work with any of the ones you listed. I also add Tabasco sauce and Worcestershire sauce to mine as well as Spanish Smoked Paprika instead of the normal Hungarian. I also use several type of mustards depending on the crowds tolerance to spice.

Sweet_tooth

Banned
i have a good recipe
home style deviled eggs:
8 hard boiled eggs
8 1/2 tsp. Peprica
8 Tbs. of miracle whip
1 tsp. salt
(optional)BBQ sauce(recipe) 2 tbs. honey 2tbs. Ketchup 2 tsp. chili powder and 1 tsp. musterd seeds.

cut the eggs in half then take out the yolks put the in a bowl with the miracle whip,salt,BBQ Sauce,and peprica whip till creamy put back in the hard boiled eggs white and enjoy