(Thank Goodness It's) Friday's Menu; Whuzzup ??

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'm going to attempt to stuff a chicken breast; or, more accurately, wrap a breast around some stuff.............

chowhound

I'm going to grill a ribeye and also have some of the sauce and sausage I made last night over some pasta.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
i have no clue whats for dinner. maybe go out to fav pizza and steak place. supper thin crust pizza and open sliced steak sammies with fries. we get for a family of four one pizza as an appy to share, salad (and sometimes a cup of minestrone soup), steak and fries for me for dinner, hubby gets same, the girls vary between just has pizza, soup and salad or sometimes they add fried shrimp and fries.

man i am hungry!! we have road trips planned so i did the fridge purge and now i am ..................... well you know!! :whistling: maybe cracker barrell for brunch as i haven't eaten yet today. the other pizza place hours are 5pm to 11pm so late dinner sounds good.

VeraBlue

Head Mistress
Gold Site Supporter
It's almost limencello martini time....

After that, it's pizza!

One with arugula, pancetta and sunny side up eggs.
One with pepperoni and mushroom
One plain.

Pictures to follow

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
I made my version of French Bread pizza, was half way through eating it & thought - aaaargh no photo

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
Just took one, complete with teeth marks - will post later in the Pizza thread

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I have a large piece of flank steak that I've marinated so will probably make some Philly steak sandwiches tonight with some cole slaw. It is just my wife and I tonight so it will be a light meal for us, for a change.

Ronjohn

Friday night = date night so it's dinner out somewhere.

Wifey's choice, but I haven't heard where yet.

And there will be drinks. Oh yes, there will be drinks. :beer:

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
DW called me at lunch and said she has picked up some Country Style Ribs that were on sale (she's a sucker for a sale), so I'll be doing something with them. Might drag out the Outdoor DO. Been a while since I used it.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

Oh, that sounds good! I missed that one. Hmmm.....I could try to adapt it to the outdoor DO, or just use my pressure cooker. The PC is the easier route, and it hasn't gotten any love in a long while. I think I'll do it that way. The PC will be getting some love tonight!

Can wait to try this! Thanks!

I'll post pics later tonight once it's done. :thumb:

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
cant wait to see all the pics tonight..

we will be having something to do with smoked meatballs,in a roasted veggie pasta sauce..

will post lots of pics and recipe later

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
i don't own a pressure cooker. my mom had one when i was a kid and that weight that rattled on top shot off and was stuck in the ceiling!! i was traumatized!! LOL i guess it is time to face my fear!! especially with the price of fuel these days.

chowhound

Oh, that sounds good! I missed that one. Hmmm.....I could try to adapt it to the outdoor DO, or just use my pressure cooker. The PC is the easier route, and it hasn't gotten any love in a long while. I think I'll do it that way. The PC will be getting some love tonight!

Can wait to try this! Thanks!

I'll post pics later tonight once it's done. :thumb:

Cool. Just remember to keep it out of the juice in the PC or you might as well use a slow cooker.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
ok they just opened our first sonic down the road. so the paln is a quick snack at sonic, a ride up to harriman park and a late dinner at he pizza place. as i haven't eaten yet today it sounds good to me!!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
ok they just opened our first sonic down the road. so the paln is a quick snack at sonic, a ride up to harriman park and a late dinner at he pizza place. as i haven't eaten yet today it sounds good to me!!

Our Sonic opened about a year ago; still haven't been.........:oops:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
jake actually put last nite's meatballs away , so we'll eat yesterday's dinner again. sans soup.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I'm going to attempt to stuff a chicken breast; or, more accurately, wrap a breast around some stuff.............

Well;
I have a "small" problem............ (texas girl ?? Vera?? Sass ?? Anybody ?? - remarks ??)

No; I'm talking about the breasts (jeez.... THAT'S asking for it as well!)

the CHICKEN breasts I bought for my cordon bleu rip-off..........one is a lot smaller than it appeared behind the shrink-wrap...........so it didn't"Stuff"well..........................
But I got 'em built !
ChickenCordonBleu003.jpg

ChickenCordonBleu002.jpg

I'll let 'em rest for an hour or so, then into the oven.........Got some corn relish, fresh asparagus, maybe a cheddar-Mashed tater will work too

Last edited:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Our Sonic opened about a year ago; still haven't been.........:oops:
we ate at sonic only one time while on our vaction drive to florida.(oh man that was some vacation from hell!! i will post my thoughts on it in chit chat.) it was good and novel. i love tots!! the commercials are funny. we got the commercials for long john silver and sonic but neither are in my area!! now we have a sonic and i can't wait to try the lemon/lime slushy!! still waiting fora long john in my area i like the chicken.

man i miss arthur treacher's they had the best fish and chicken!!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well;
I have a "small" problem............ (texas girl ?? Vera??- remarks ??)

No; I'm talking about the breasts (jeez.... THAT'S asking for it as well!)

the CHICKEN breasts I bought for my cordon bleu rip-off..........one is a lot smaller than it appeared behind the shrink-wrap...........so it didn't"Stuff"well..........................
But I got 'em built !
ChickenCordonBleu003.jpg

ChickenCordonBleu002.jpg

I'll let 'em rest for an hour or so, then into the oven.........Got some corn relish, fresh asparagus, maybe a cheddar-Mashed tater will work too
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm did you butter-fly them and pound thin before stuffing? i think that is the best way to stuff a breast.

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no comments from the gentlemen!! :twak: LOL