"Hey Grandpaw! What's Cookin?" Monday June 1, 2009

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Don't that bring back memories of He-Haw? My next door neighbor and me holler that back and forth between the yards, and the wives just roll their eyes. No sense of humor, I guess.

Anyway, got three pieces of chicken left over from yesterday and a bit of potatoes, so looks like leftovers since DW will not be here for din-din. I'll make the last three ABT's for an appy. How bout y'all?

homecook

I'm planning to make the pork kabobs I didn't make yesterday. I only hope the rain holds off. I will probably have rice and a salad.

suziquzie

Not sure yet, Old Mother Hubbard went to the cupboard this morning.... decided it's grocery shopping day.
Probably not much tho. DH called on his way out to South Dakota this morning and said he felt sick, so I imagine he wont be wanting much for dinner.

AllenOK

I have no phreaking idea. I need to see what we have, and decide if I need to go to the store, or just make do with what we have.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Three weeks of hospital food = Chinese Buffet!! LOL. Then grocery shopping cause the wife let it slide and there is barely anything in the house right now.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i am thinking that since i Q'd nearl a 15 lb turkey yesterday...it is going to be a meal that includes turkey..lol

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Re: Monday's Nourishment 6/1

Herb rubbed pork loin roast. Just went into the oven. I'll probably have some mac and cheese and a veg.

img020013707024.jpg

AllenOK

I seared off some pork chops, sauteed some garlic, onions, and mushrooms, and mixed it all with some rice, cream of mushroom, and chicken stock. It's in the oven and should be ready in 40 minutes.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
I'm making strawberry shortcakes so I may just skip dinner all together and pig out on dessert!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter

That's a Beauty !!

Ours was great; but then, how do you screw up a meatloaf dinner ???

365953663.jpg

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter

good to see the meat thermometer probe..lol

looks good so far

what do you cook your loins to? i usually cook mine to 145ish and let residual heat do the rest

Herb rubbed pork loin roast. Just went into the oven. I'll probably have some mac and cheese and a veg.

img020013707024.jpg

FryBoy

Got a pot of red beans on the stove, the rice is in the cooker, and either broccoli or cauliflower.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter

I put it in at 500 deg. for 10 minutes, then down to 250 deg. until the internal temp was 150. After resting under foil the temp rose to 152. It took about an hour total in the oven for this 2.5 lb. roast.

img02039271276.jpg

img02069259442.jpg

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter

A tomato sandwich again, only on toasted pumpernickle with mayo. And on the side we're having cottage cheese and sliced cucumbers on a bed of lettuce and a few green grapes.

lifesaver91958

Queen of the Jungle
Gold Site Supporter

Mmmm! LT, i believe i told you already how much i love mashed potatoes with corn on top. :) Yummy! :) and double :) yummy! :)

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter

Pork loin looks good too! I like a little fat (I know, shoot me) and some herbs around mine to add some flavor.

Thanks! That guy was pretty lean, but boy was it succulent and delicious!

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter

Chicken Thingies

Ingredients

2 Skinless boneless chicken breasts
2 Frying peppers.
1 Medium Green Squash (Zucchini)
4 or 5 Shallots
4 cloves garlic
Extra Virgin Olive oil
Medium pinch of salt
1 tsp Adobo
1 to 2 tbsp of Italian spices.
1 jar Classico Alfredo Cause
Shredded Parmesan cheese ¼ cup ot 1/8 cup
1 # Mushrooms
3 plum (Roma Tomatoes)

Procedure

Put the chicken on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and microwave (Reduce power to 60% start with 4 minutes) If another round is needed do so. The reduced power and the plastic wrap will keep the chicken moist and not allow it to get rubbery. Cook till nearly done.

Chop all the veggies, onions, garlic and etc into fairly small pieces. Put some olive oil in the bottomof the pan, put he grlic in and the onions. Saute till translucent. Add the peppers and squash. Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle the Adobo over the top also the Italian seasonings.

While all this is going on boil a 4 or 5 quart sauce pan of water. Put the tomatoes in fr 3 minutes or so till the skins break. Take them out rinse with cold water, remove the skins, open the tomatoes up and remove the seeds. Cut into small pieces.

Cut the chicken into small cubes, put it in the pan .Let it simmer a bit. Add the tomatoes and mushrooms and simmer till the mushrooms start to look soft. Add about ¾ jar of Alfredo and the Parmesan cheese.

Serve over pasta, I used Angel Hair.

I hope you enjoy.

Andy

homecook

The plating isn't the best......but the taste was great!! I also forgot the cucumbers and sour cream I made. lol

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 109
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 98

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter

Uh, wait, is it me or do we have two of these threads running??

I think I am having deja vu, LOL!