Is it just me...

buckytom

Grill Master
it's liquified sugar with tea essence, i think.

no mint julips for me. hey, what's in a mint julip, besides mint. and julips.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Oh, and I will take a Mint Julip recipe if anyone has a good one to offer! Just post it in beverages and let me know!
Think I might go there now just to make sure one isn't already there! And hey, you guys should post the sweet tea recipes too!

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
Discuss the subject, not each other, please. If the discussion stays stuck where it is at and is concentrated around individuals and not a talking point, it becomes a debate and will have to be ended.
If it evolves and does not center around any person or persons but the issues and points of interest being brought up, we will still be OK.
Thank you for understand and help.

Since when are debates against the rules? I just checked the forum rules and it says nothing about debates, for or against...

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Oh, and I will take a Mint Julip recipe if anyone has a good one to offer! Just post it in beverages and let me know!
Think I might go there now just to make sure one isn't already there! And hey, you guys should post the sweet tea recipes too!

Some put honey, but when I make mine I boil 8 Teabags and let it steep. Take the teabags out and pour the concentrated tea into a gallon pitcher. Add 2 ladles of sugar (about 1 to 1.5 cups) and stir till dissolved. Add enough water to make a full gallon. That’s the simple way I do it, but there are more exotic ways as well.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
it's liquified sugar with tea essence, i think.

no mint julips for me. hey, what's in a mint julip, besides mint. and julips.

Try this:

2 cups sugar
2 cups water (melt sugar in water to make a simple syrup)
Sprigs of fresh mint
Crushed ice
Early Times Kentucky Whisky
Silver Julep Cups

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Some put honey, but when I make mine I boil 8 Teabags and let it steep. Take the teabags out and pour the concentrated tea into a gallon pitcher. Add 2 ladles of sugar (about 1 to 1.5 cups) and stir till dissolved. Add enough water to make a full gallon. That’s the simple way I do it, but there are more exotic ways as well.

And don't squeeze the tea bags when you take them out!

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
Since when are debates against the rules? I just checked the forum rules and it says nothing about debates, for or against...

To quote Doc:

Net CookingTalk is not a debate forum. For debate visit forumsforums.com.

However, you can mention current events here. Not debate them.

Everyone can post their observations once. If it goes further than that, we will request you take it to forumsforums.com or any other debate forum you choose.

I hope that helps clear it up for you. Discussions are welcome, but not debates or especially debates were individuals are singled out.

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
To quote Doc:

Net CookingTalk is not a debate forum. For debate visit forumsforums.com.

However, you can mention current events here. Not debate them.

Everyone can post their observations once. If it goes further than that, we will request you take it to forumsforums.com or any other debate forum you choose.

I hope that helps clear it up for you. Discussions are welcome, but not debates or especially debates were individuals are singled out.

So I can only make one post about cornbread, and that's it? No it really doesn't clear it up.

At least two threads have been locked over "debating" and now this one is threatening to be locked. Sounds like a place I used to visit...

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
or does anyone else love hot cornbread with butter and honey? The cornbread just came out of the oven and I'm enjoying a piece right now with lots of melted butter and honey...mmmmmmmmmm

P3140550-1.jpg

buckytom

Grill Master
i would imagine that debating points of a mater, respectfully, would be ok. but making the debate itself about personal opinions or issues is not.

and your killin' me mama!!!!

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
or does anyone else love hot cornbread with butter and honey? The cornbread just came out of the oven and I'm enjoying a piece right now with lots of melted butter and honey...mmmmmmmmmm

No, I don't like my cornbread sweet, lots of butter is fine though! :wink:

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
i would imagine that debating points of a mater, respectfully, would be ok. but making the debate itself about personal opinions or issues is not.

and your killin' me mama!!!!

Exactly BT, thank you!

We can discuss the finer points of a matter all day long if we choose. But if anyone remembers Debate, it is all about proving your opponent or your opponents arguments wrong.
If that is what is happening, we stop it. If we are discussing the finer points and not interested in proving anyone wrong, etc we can go all day.

buckytom

Grill Master
mama, have you ever had butter and honey on a hot scone? good scones are not unlike cornbread, as they're not sweet, and have a distinct texture.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
mama, have you ever had butter and honey on a hot scone? good scones are not unlike cornbread, as they're not sweet, and have a distinct texture.

BT, that is another good one too! DW's MIL is English and they always did butter and jam, but I put butter n honey on em and it caught on with DW!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
it is all about proving your opponent or your opponents arguments wrong.

Yeah, been there done that...:tongue:
Which is why I like it here a lot, there isn't much of that going on.

By the way Mama, can I use your cornbread as my desktop wall paper?? yumzee!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter

I've never had a scone. I'll have to try one. Don't know where I'd get one down here though. Do you have a good recipe?

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter

P3140550-1.jpg

You're killing my Mama!!!! YUM!!!