Is it just me...

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
or does anyone else love hot cornbread with butter and honey? The cornbread just came out of the oven and I'm enjoying a piece right now with lots of melted butter and honey...mmmmmmmmmm

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
I don't need the honey, either Mama. Hot out of the oven with loads of butter is good enough for me.

I am afraid to ask this of a Southern woman but here goes. Please, I don't wish to cause WWIII but do you put sugar in your cornbread? Or do you consider that to be more like journey bread/corn cake?

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I don't need the honey, either Mama. Hot out of the oven with loads of butter is good enough for me.

I am afraid to ask this of a Southern woman but here goes. Please, I don't wish to cause WWIII but do you put sugar in your cornbread? Or do you consider that to be more like journey bread/corn cake?

That's blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I forced myself to have another piece so I could show y'all what it looks like. The sacrifices I won't make.....

P3140550-1.jpg

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
Sorry, I just wanted to know which camp you fall in. I love it both ways. I love corn pones, too. I guess since I have blasphemed on occasion [forgive me Mama] that is why I haven't felt the need to have the honey. We shall have no more talk about sugar in cornbread from me. I promise!

It is as contentious as asking someone if they put beans in their chili. And I really don't wish to start that argument here and I use to like my chili both ways, too. lol

buckytom

Grill Master
go away keltin, there's none left.

did you sign up for mama's newsletter.

i don't think so.

so there. no cornbread for you!!!!

:mrgreen:

there are fewer treats in this world like butter melting with honey on a fine piece of cornbread. i was introduced to this phenomenon with oven hot scones, butter, and honey. but corn takes it to another level...

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
go away keltin, there's none left.

did you sign up for mama's newsletter.

i don't think so.

so there. no cornbread for you!!!!

:mrgreen:

there are fewer treats in this world like butter melting with honey on a fine piece of cornbread. i was introduced to this phenomenon with oven hot scones, butter, and honey. but corn takes it to another level...

Damn.........

oa17hc.jpg

Derek

Banned
or does anyone else love hot cornbread with butter and honey? The cornbread just came out of the oven and I'm enjoying a piece right now with lots of melted butter and honey...mmmmmmmmmm
I hate cornbread, Maybe I haven't had any good cornbread to love?

But I'm sure corn bread with scrapple would be killer.

Fisher's Mom

Mother Superior
Super Site Supporter
Nope, you've made us all crave hot, buttery cornbread now, Mama. Mine will be done in about 5 more minutes and I'm drooling already.

Maverick2272

Stewed Monkey
Super Site Supporter
That looks great Mama, love it exactly like that!! Melted honey and butter all over, yummy!!

I have a ton of different corn bread recipes, some traditional and from the south with no sugar and no flour, and some with creamed corn and sour cream in em. Each has its place on my plate I figure (the more exotic ones go under great northern bean soups, navy bean soups, chili, etc), but for honey and butter I like it to be simple and old fashioned!

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Mama is it ok to put sour cream in one's cornbread?

Save the experiments for things that need fixin'. If a good recipe ain't broke, don't try to to fix it:

2 cups of self-rising cornmeal
1/3 cup of vegetable oil (or bacon grease if you have it)
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup of milk

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
Save the experiments for things that need fixin'. If a good recipe ain't broke, don't try to to fix it:

2 cups of self-rising cornmeal
1/3 cup of vegetable oil (or bacon grease if you have it)
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup of milk

Amen Mama!!! :clap: :applause:

PieSusan

Tortes Are Us
Super Site Supporter
lololololol! And I assume you must bake it in cast iron, too! My Hungarian grandma ate a lot of cornbread when she was a little girl. It was a staple of her diet.