What have you Eaten, Sun. 8/11 to Sat. 8/17/2019?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Virgin Territory Here..............

Butcher had Lamb Chops he was pushing.... I've NEVER worked / played with it ........

Some advice before 5:00 would be immensely Appreciated ..........

View attachment 33142
This is how I do it. We love it. I season with my house blend seasoning. Then sear in hot skillet half butter and half oil. After brown remove from pan. Add oil if needed. Add as much fresh garlic as you like and sauté til fragrant. Put chops back in pan. Add as much lemon juice you like, a splash of gravy master and enough water to come half up side of chops. You can add some rosemary if you like. Bring to boil then lower to simmer and braise with lid off set till tender. Add more liquid if needed. I let liquid reduce till thickened and user as gravy for taters, rice or noodles. I’m making lamb loin chops tomorrow night with mushroom noodles and broccoli. How this helps.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice chops, LT.

I just salt, pepper, garlic powder and either pan sear, broil or grill until nicely brown.

Serve with mint jelly.

Delicious!

Lee

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
UP ! I spang for the Mint Jelly, thinkin' , "I'll find this in the back of the Fridge next year, wonderin' ........WTF did I buy THIS for ...."

I think I'll just go for the Filet Mignon treatment, and hope for the best .......

THX for the Advice , y'all !

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I made stewed tomatoes for lunch (leftovers for tomorrow).

stewed_tomatoes_081519_1_IMG_6112.JPG

stewed_tomatoes_081519_2_IMG_6113.JPG

Put yogurt on last night to incubate (8 hours). Then strained for 8 hours. I made up 12 (1 cup) mason jars:
Unsweetened fruit on bottom:
4 cherry pie filling
4 sugar free strawberry preserves
2 blueberry preserves
2 sweetened with honey, coconut extract added and stirred. Then topped with flaked coconut and semi-sweet chocolate chips

yogurt_081519_IMG_6115.JPG

Dinner was Baby back ribs rubbed with my homemade rib rub, smoked in the stove top smoker (hickory and mesquite smoke chip/dust) then basted with a combo of Heinz Kansas City Sweet & Smoky sauce, Original Sweet Baby Ray's sauce and Pomegranate Molasses under the broiler to create bark. Sides were homemade coleslaw and Bush’s Brown Sugar Hickory Baked Beans with the leftover rib basting sauce added.

ribs_081519_IMG_6119.JPG

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Well, turns out I ain't too crazy about Lamb..... I'll have to order it out once, to see if I prepared it wrong.........

.....and how I didn't notice that rice "overboard", I have no Clue...

Grilled Lamb Chop, Mint Jelly, Yellow Rice with Sweet Pepper, Steamed Sprouts....

Lamb Chop.jpg

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Very nice, Peeps!

I'm not wild about lamb, either.
Had it few times in England and made chops myself once.
Not a fan.
Too gamey tasting, imo.

Dinner this evening will be spaghetti in meat sauce.
Ho hum.

Embryodad

Home Made Pizza tonight.
I make the dough, and Tina makes the sauce.... She can put the toppings on.
She likes that job.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Nice job with the tomatoes and yogurt dishes, Peep!

LT, your lamb chop dinner looked incredible to me! I'll take the rest of them!

Lee

Embryodad

The Pizza was worth it.
A great teeth sinker. The crust bottom and edge were perfect.
I have dough left over to freeze. I have the sauce too!

Tina wanted a rectangular pizza, and DD wanted the 16" round one. She likes adding her own spices and herbs to it.

View attachment 33156
IMG_1578 (1) (480x640).jpg

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Nice job with the tomatoes and yogurt dishes, Peep!

LT, your lamb chop dinner looked incredible to me! I'll take the rest of them!

Lee

Well Lee, as Andrew Zimmern was fond of reminding us, "You've got to try it Twice".... :cooking:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
It may be lamb chops. They got pushed back a day because we had Naan pizzas again last night.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I fried an entire 12 oz pack of Oscar Mayer center cut bacon.
Served on toasted Hawaiian bread with lettuce, tomato and mayo.
The coleslaw I bought from Chief's deli was very vinegary, and it had chopped bell peppers as well.
Not bad, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I bounced back and forth for half the day; Shrimps or Burger.........
Said to self, "Why not both ??"

Angus Burger, Shrimps and Tots under Onion Gravy, Dilled Carrots, Beet Salad...

Odd Couple... .jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

Embryodad

It was hot from the butcher $hop chicken wings. Uncooked, and just in a bag with the marinade hot sauce.
In the toaster oven on non stick foil pan.... 250 F for 4 hours.
I added some kosher salt and black pepper.

7 wings and a bottle of beer, and OHOooooo SOoooooo GOOooood!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like a party, E-Dad !:a1:

I'll attempt to build a Lasagna today....... first time for everything, and the Warden's are long gone from the freezer......:cooking:

Embryodad

It was a party in my mouth..... hahahahahahaha

I made some cubed tomatoes in water and olive oil...salt, sugar, and oregano,and two garlic cloves microplaned!

Mommy came home with eggplant from Giancarlos in Ledgewood.
Peach pie for dessert too!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Well, it certainly wasn't the Warden's Lasagna........
...used "No Boil" Noodles, which didn't swell up like the normal ones do when boiled... won't use them again...

Not very photogenic, but it was tasty........ perhaps too little Beef Mixture, perhaps a little too much of the Ricotta mixture, and I definitely messed up the layering... but I enjoyed the experience, and the meal, and I have two nice slabs in the freezer for the future.....

Baked Lasagna w/ Cheesy Steamed Green Beans, Salad

Lasagna a.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Well, it certainly wasn't the Warden's Lasagna........
...used "No Boil" Noodles, which didn't swell up like the normal ones do when boiled... won't use them again...

Not very photogenic, but it was tasty........ perhaps too little Beef Mixture, perhaps a little too much of the Ricotta mixture, and I definitely messed up the layering... but I enjoyed the experience, and the meal, and I have two nice slabs in the freezer for the future.....

Baked Lasagna w/ Cheesy Steamed Green Beans, Salad

View attachment 33176

View attachment 33177

Looks good Lucky for a first run. You will get better at it.

I started using the Barilla no boil noodles when my hands got bad. I haven't had a problem yet. You need to use a little more liquid/sauce. I sometimes use sliced fresh mushrooms which give off liquid. Don't overlap the noodles.

It's really strange how we have planned the same meals lately. I have lasagna planned for today or tomorrow.