"Whats cooking? NCT Sun. 7/5 to Sat. 7/11/2015"

Embryodad

Gonna throw some country style pork ribs in the oven slow and low.
I just prepped them with the rub.

I will make mommy's favorite of macaroni salad. Just a small bowl!

Baked beans would go good with that. We got some Bush Canned beans in the cupboard.

The 4th, we were invited next door for a party / graduation. Had a great time. Tina baked a big pan of lasagna. I made a gaggle of fried Italian meatballs.I'm still up trying to digest all the food I ate. :picnic:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Today's lunch - taco salad:

taco%20salad.jpg

I've got two pork tenderloins going in the crock pot with Rick's Sinful Marinade, and that will turn into pulled pork sandwiches for dinner.

Cut up some watermelon yesterday - best one this season, grown right here in Texas :readytoeat::

july%204th%20watermelon.jpg

Embryodad

Today's lunch - taco salad:

taco%20salad.jpg

I've got two pork tenderloins going in the crock pot with Rick's Sinful Marinade, and that will turn into pulled pork sandwiches for dinner.

Cut up some watermelon yesterday - best one this season, grown right here in Texas :readytoeat::

july%204th%20watermelon.jpg
Looks great, and the watermelon looks cool and juicy.
I used to use the baller to make those cute watermelon balls.
No more! .... found that as I scooped with the baller, the juice came out of the pulp.
Now I slice; cut and stack in a big container.

And, I like watermelon WITH lots of seeds. It's more fun eating and spitting the seeds.
When we were kids, mom would say,"You kids go on the porch to eat your watermelon so you can spit the seeds over the railing!" Oh, it was so much fun.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday, I made boneless pork chops in the grill pan then basted them with Sweet Baby Ray's, and broccoli, raisin and onion salad.

Leftovers today.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
lol Jimmy, my mother would always tell us to go outside with our watermelon too. My dad grew them, and they always had seeds. Now that I'm allowed to eat watermelon inside :biggrin:, I prefer seedless. I've read that the ones with seeds were usually better tasting than seedless, but I can't tell much difference.

Crock pot pulled pork sandwich:

pulled%20pork%20sandwich.jpg

Embryodad

lol Jimmy, my mother would always tell us to go outside with our watermelon too. My dad grew them, and they always had seeds. Now that I'm allowed to eat watermelon inside :biggrin:, I prefer seedless. I've read that the ones with seeds were usually better tasting than seedless, but I can't tell much difference.

Crock pot pulled pork sandwich:

pulled%20pork%20sandwich.jpg
P/Pork looks good.

I like the seeds in the watermelon because I believe they are sweeter.

I remember when seedless watermelons first came out, we would sit around the table whilst it was sliced open, just to Oooo and Ahhhh at not seeing seeds. Like watching the first heart transplant while all the Dr's were surrounding the patient.

Or like not believing a car tire could stay inflated without a tubeless tire.
My uncle bought the first tubeless tires available, and still had the tire shop install tubes. He said he felt safer with tubes keeping the tire inflated.

Last edited:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
chit. i've a melon in my fridge. shoppin' later, if my nurse shows.

jagov rings me & says he's on his way & should be here in a few.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
broccoli, raisin and onion salad.[/QUOTE]

i was given that a few ago. being a 'lil Chef rocks-- ppl feed u & u get to be a food sampler, as well.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I went to A&W for the broasted chicken, being one day late for National Fried Chicken day.
Ate the wing, 1/2 the little cup of coleslaw and a few fries. Not very hungry today.

Embryodad

Hot dogs on split top rolls.....mustard, chlli sauce, and chopped Vidalia onions.

Entenmann's assorted cake doughnuts for dessert.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Yesterday a friend and I ate a lunch of appys at a place called Bella's on Grand Lake.
Dinner was Panera Bread (the broth bowls are awesome).
It was a long day of shopping, relaxing and eating.

Today I had lighter fare-
Melon and cottage cheese for brunch and warm tortilla wraps with cream cheese, carrots,corn, cucumber, sliced red onion and chives for dinner.

chocolate moose

Super Site Supporter
I don't think I ever was part of this thread before!

Monday was pepper steak with sautéed peppers and brown rice.

Burgers, dogs, chicken salad, and slaw was Tuesday & Wed and Thursday was all the leftovers from the week.

Embryodad

I don't think I ever was part of this thread before!

Monday was pepper steak with sautéed peppers and brown rice.

Burgers, dogs, chicken salad, and slaw was Tuesday & Wed and Thursday was all the leftovers from the week.
I would say you think and remember very well C Moose.... hahahahaha
I can't even think what I had for supper yesterday. Only way I remember, is if what I made, made me sick! LOL

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Fajitas at Cabo last night.
Too much to eat!

It was a mix of chicken, steak and tiger shrimp with tomatoes, onions and peppers on the sizzling skillet, not to mention the side salad plate full of lettuce, tomato, refried beans,rice, sour cream and guacamole.

I made 3 with the warm tortillas provided, then picked around at the remaining meat and called it quits.

R-o-l-a-i-d-s before bed. lol

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Grilled onion soup burgers, salad and cantaloupe with blueberries at the neighbour friends.

Took myself out for an ice cream cone a while later.