What's Cooking NCT Sun.6/21 to Sat. 6/27/2015 ?

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Cioppino and linguini by eldest DD and DS. Mmmmmm! Hummingbird cupcakes with cream cheese frosting by middle DD. Great dinner and gifts from the kiddos.I donated all of my XL shirts to homeless veterans clothing drive, and I got 4 new ones today. But no Gold Toe socks, which I REALLY need. Guess I go shopping tomorrow.
yum.gif

attachment.php
attachment.php

Embryodad

Cioppino and linguini by eldest DD and DS. Mmmmmm! Hummingbird cupcakes with cream cheese frosting by middle DD. Great dinner and gifts from the kiddos.I donated all of my XL shirts to homeless veterans clothing drive, and I got 4 new ones today. But no Gold Toe socks, which I REALLY need. Guess I go shopping tomorrow.
yum.gif

attachment.php
attachment.php
The meal really stands out as spectacular. That is my favorite.

Embryodad

Had a swell dads day today. Amazon and e-bay gift cards.
I made an eye round in the George Foreman big G rotisserie.
We made Roy Rogers Roast beef samiches on toasted and buttered Kaiser Rolls, and I pulled out the meat slicer to slice thin cuts. OMG they were great. My son said,"Dad, the only thing missing, is the plastic Trigger Horse!" The one we used to put a quarter in, and son jimmy used to ride the thing every time we went to Roy Rogers!
Tina made a pot of meatballs in tomato sauce. Good!
DIL made salads, and DD made a huge ice cream cake. Also made rice krispy treats!

Embryodad

Supper today was good ole spaghetti #9 and meatballs.
Tina made garlic bread toast from the kaiser rolls left over from yesterday.

A vanilla white cake and Boston cream doughnuts for dessert later on.

Embryodad

I just had a ham & cheese sandwich. 4 mini ones.
I ate it cause I was starved. Been working on the car, and neighbors pool pump.
It was a perfect day. 80 and No humidity. And a nice breeze.

Didn't even use the A/C today.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
We were both pooped from working yesterday, so we went to the local Mom-n-Pop diner and shared an Asian salad and a Turkey Club Wrap with fresh cut fries. Both were very good and the money stays in the community.

As a small business owner, we support family owned restaurtants, and avoid chains & franchises. Been disappointed too many times.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
made a snack of deli meat & cheeses, & that was dinner enough. & milk. anyhoo-- my craving has gone to crockpot split-pea soup. i meant to make that already.
then i took a nap. fer hours. several hours. too many hours. sheesh~

i woke @ 1 point to have a salad, & cheeses. that salad where you're to sleepy to actually make a salad, so u simply pour marzetti's onto lettuce. my kinda night.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I packed my dinner for work yesterday.
Heated a bowl of Amy's mushroom risotto in the break room nuker, it came out really delicious.
All of Amy's products are good.
Had a Chobani Greek vanilla yogurt too.

Tonight we're going out for Thai.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I packed my dinner for work yesterday.
Heated a bowl of Amy's mushroom risotto in the break room nuker, it came out really delicious.
All of Amy's products are good.
Had a Chobani Greek vanilla yogurt too.

Tonight we're going out for Thai.
We don't have that brand in my market. They look good.

Embryodad

Wendy's cooked supper tonight be golly!
Burgers and fries.....
Tina was peeved. They had no baked potatoes. Can you imagine.....dinner time and no baked potato's. The kid said, we ran out.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
So, it was green curry, steamed shrimp dumplings and sesame duck with white rice and broccoli.
Last time I had duck was in Chinatown, London at one of the many restaurants along the street, the one where you had to first walk downstairs, then go up the stairs lol