What's Cooking NCT Sun. 6/7/2015 to Sat. 6/13/2015?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We had chicken on the char broil big easy. I seasoned with my AP seasoning and a bit of oil. Hickory, mesquite and apple wood chip bend in smoker box. Grilled till almost up to internal temp then basted with BBQ sauce with some of my dry rub added. Grilled till completely cooked and nice color.

Tonight tacos

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Nothing exciting here.
A chef's salad with thousand island dressing and a little cup of rainbow sherbet for dessert.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
So is anyone going to eat dinner this Tuesday evening? :yum:

j/k..

I am making some pork chops (oven fried) and spanish rice.

What about you?

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Linguini with tomato sauce last night.
Tonight we had linguini with Broccoli Aglio Olio (With Garlic and Olive Oil)

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Grilled pork chops and creamy dilled cucumber salad.

Peeps - how do you make Aglio Olio.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Grilled pork chops and creamy dilled cucumber salad.

Peeps - how do you make Aglio Olio.

Heat olive oil (amount depends on amount of pasta, I made 1/2 lb linguini so I used about 1/2 cup +/-) in cast iron pan till hot but not smoking, add fresh garlic (I used 4 lg. cloves) sliced and allow to cook till fragrant. I added ground red pepper flakes, salt and pepper after I added the broccoli to pan.

Saliha

Grilled pork sirloin with red sweet peppers and garlic, new potatoes with butter, potato mayonnais salad, lemon pesto and fresh herbs from my garden (lemon grass and red basil).

iqgaltvfgfcx.jpg

:thumb: Yup its yummy.

Embryodad

Not much cooking going on past 6 or 7 days. Dr's in command....tests and Tina going for tests screwed up the food cycle in the household. It was whatever you could grab, and stick in between two slices of bread....well, that was a meal.
Last night i did make taco's....using taco season packet Ortega??? I think it was.
They hit the spot.....

We use those taco boats. They are great! .... Tina thinks I'm crazy the way I prep my taco shell. I turn on the hot tap water, and wash and soak the shell. I just shake it off, and then load it with the filling and garnishes. That way, they don't crack and fall apart, and still there is a little crunch to the shell.

K

Kimchee

Carne Asada. I finally got the "you can make that again" seal of approval from my Carne Asada-loving wife.
First, I went to a little Mexican grocery store, walked up to the meat counter and said "Carne Asada". What they gave me was super thin sliced bottom round.
Then, I figured out how to balance the fruity and the savory in my marinade: beer and soy sauce along with the orange juice and lime.
After marinating, I took the meat out, dried it with a towel, then let it air dry overnight.
And finally, I threw caution to the wind, built a nice bed of hot coals, and before I grilled, I tossed in chunks of hickory and cranked those flames to about 1 inch below the meat. Which I flipped often to keep the juices from oozing out.
I just love it when it all comes together after a few years of experimentation. :)

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I made spaghetti squash Parmesan tonight. Microwaved the spaghetti squash for 20 minutes then scraped it out. While it was cooking I roasted a batch of mixed peppers, red onion, zucchini, broccoli & cauliflower seasoned with salt & pepper. Mixed it all together with some marinara and topped it Mozzarella. Baked for 30 minutes and served with salad & whole wheat garlic toast. Not too bad for a meatless meal.

Attachments

• Dinner 060125.jpg
    Dinner 060125.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 93

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Made one of my favourite simple salads with the romaine mix, walnuts and sugar/mayo dressing.

Later went to the ice cream place downtown for a chocolate/vanilla swirl cone.