What's Cooking NCT Sun. 5/24/2015 to Sat. 5/30/2015?

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Grilled sirloin steak, burgers, dogs and steamed white corn on the cob charred a bit on the grill.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
When DD#1 gets home from work. Going to grill (using hickory and mesquite smoke chips in the smoke box) burgers, dogs and steamed white corn on the cob (going to char a bit on the grill, we like the brown marks on the corn). Served with homemade salads - pasta salad (no mayo), mac salad and bean salad. Also doctored B&M baked beans and kraut.

Embryodad

Had ribs / London broil / hot dogs / salads and cake for dessert and rice krispy treats
yesterday.... today is ????? ... rest our tummy's.

I braised a ring of hot Italian sausage, and made macaroni salad for Ms. Tina mommy.
Would you believe, I gave the sausage to the next door neighbor?
My stomach is in distress after all I ate yesterday.
I will throw a couple of hot dogs on the grill later.
Cooking is all messed up here last 5 day's. Tina mommy's diverticulitis flared up, and she is suffering. I feel so bad for her. I've been there / done all that!

Gettin old sucks!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Pan grilled medallions of pork tenderloin, home fries and mixed steamed veggies.

attachment.php

Embryodad

Dear wife took a trip to South Jersey to get some things done for the uncles house.
On the way back home, she bought me a dinner from red lobster.
Shrimp scampi, fried shrimp, and broiled flounder...
She had stuffed flounder. It was great. No dessert though. .... Like I really need it!! LOL

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Looks Good Joe!.... Oh! And I do see what we call "Joe's Home Fries"
You make the bestest!
I've been accused of making some pretty darn good 'taters. Cooked this batch in a blend of bacon grease & butter...because EVERYTHING is better with butter! :yum:

Tonight the Mrs is going to dinner with my cousin, then off to spend the paycheck on useless crapola that they'll both just take back later and get their money back. I sometimes think they like to walk around with bags from certain stores so other women will think they actually have lots of money to spend on stuff. Crazy chicks... :yum:

I'm headed to the Chinese joint for some sushi & steamed salmon. Mmmmmmmm......

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
if us chicks weren't nuts, JEV, yinz guys would be lost.
blake is getting pierogies. ricotta/spinach ones. he has yet to know that.
they're $9 & he has to get us booze, as well.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Joe McMuffins and some fresh fruit.

Attachments

• Dinner 052915.jpg
    Dinner 052915.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 333

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I almost ordered pizza for lunch while we were at Sam's Club, but got the Nathan's hot dog & large drink for $1.50 instead.Me and Mama split a small bag of chips as well.

Tonight was Broccoli-Cauliflower Casserole From Pioneer Woman and a tossed salad. I embellished with 1/2C (DRY MEASURE) of cooked rice because Mama likes the texture. Ugh! What I don't do for that woman while she sits all day eating M&M's. :yum:

Embryodad

Pasta e fagiole tonight .....for lunch too.
I slapped some liverwurst on a slice of stale bread with onion, and gommed that down.

Looks like French toast tomorrow with the stale bread!

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Grilled American and Swiss cheese on seeded rye bread. Strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Embryodad

Grilled American and Swiss cheese on seeded rye bread. Strawberry shortcake for dessert.
And I thought I was the only one who mixed cheese flavor / kinds on a grilled cheese!

Did you ever try Provolone and american peeps? .... to die for!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I made lettuce wraps from leftover curried chicken thigh meat and cuke and onion salad.
Added some sesame ginger dressing and ate all 4 of them.