WHAT'S COOKING NCT Sun 5/10 to Sat 5/16/2015

Embryodad

Wound up with tons of food today; and being Mothers Day, and and and Jim Jr's 46th B-day....

DD and DIL set up a brunch and we ate at 2:00 .
Tina bought like 24 pieces of chicken parts to bread, because Jimmy wanted Moms Breaded Chicken for his birthday meal.

Instead, we picked up two buckets of KFC .... Tina was in pain with her back and sciatica.
I could have cooked the chicken, but Jim wanted Moms.

Next meal we have will be Moms breaded fried chicken.

We had tons of food to eat. Way too much. DIL even made home made manicotti. :wow:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Wound up with tons of food today; and being Mothers Day, and and and Jim Jr's 46th B-day....

DD and DIL set up a brunch and we ate at 2:00 .
Tina bought like 24 pieces of chicken parts to bread, because Jimmy wanted Moms Breaded Chicken for his birthday meal.

Instead, we picked up two buckets of KFC .... Tina was in pain with her back and sciatica.
I could have cooked the chicken, but Jim wanted Moms.

Next meal we have will be Moms breaded fried chicken.

We had tons of food to eat. Way too much. DIL even made home made manicotti. :wow:
ROFLMAO!!!! :yum: Is this your house, Jimmy???

Attachments

• A few snacks.jpg
    A few snacks.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 209

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Spaghetti squash & vegetable medley with chicken breast & salad.

Attachments

• Dinner 051115.jpg
    Dinner 051115.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 347

Embryodad

ROFLMAO!!!! :yum: Is this your house, Jimmy???
Joe! I almost fell off the chair!
I swear that lady was my Mom with all that food in the Foreground.

I grew up with food and a spread just like that on Special holiday's and occasions....

I'll never forget the Big Blowup in the Funeral Parlor when My Uncle Tony Died.
His Brother ( my Uncle Johnny ) pointed his finger at Aunt Lizzy, and screamed,,,"YOU KILLED MY BROTHER!" You Fed Him To Death!.....

I swear that was the truth!... hahahahaha... I remember as a kid, eating over Aunt Elisabeth's, and the table was set for 14 people every Sunday. It was the gatherig place to eat.

Darn, she was a great cook too!

Some mothers Day food

Shermie

Site Supporter
There is just no way in the world that I would even ATTEMPT to do this much food. Not even going to THINK about doing it!! You couldn't even PAY me enough to do it!! :ohmy::piesmiley1::eating2: :bounce:

Attachments

• Too much food!!.jpg
    Too much food!!.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 205

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
earlier-- a power outage hit us, near my cooking time. (not to mention my cleanin' time.)
lites return on later on.

ISO a container of ensure & a nap. i was not opening my fridge. managed to get my stove on. by that time, i decided to have a nap- hours ago. then, those actual lites turned on. so, pop, seltzer, & a few adult beverages, in, here 'tis- 5:20am.
i avoided food-- pantry was too dark to see into, (w/ flashlite) & i chose to not open my fridge, so as to preserve its cool air & keep my food edible. i keep a sack of ice in there, too, JIK. chose not to compromise that.

lights on again-- not opening that fridge until tomorrow. letting that re-cool thoroughly.
so, tonite--i'll see that, that as i buy groceries later on, i'll get somethin' yummy. roast beef or pork to crockpot. potato (smushed, or scalloped) & a grn. veggie ought suffice, as well. & whole milk. or an adult beverage.

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Joe, your Mother's Day foods look wonderful!

Any chance of you posting a few recipes for them, with their photos, in the appropriate sub-forums, so people can find them again?

Lee

Embryodad

Tina made beef stroganoff with mushrooms added. Oh Boy! It was so good.

Dessert was Rice Krispy treats.... Darn those suckers are so good!

K

Kimchee

Did an old favorite. Browned pork chops, then let them simmer in cream of mushroom soup. I added more sauteed mushrooms, of course.
Don't know what it is with pork and cream of mushroom soup, but I love that gravy.
Made sure I had a loaf of bread, so I could have a Poor Man's Steak too.
Gravy and bread. It was one of my Dad's favorites.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Joe, your Mother's Day foods look wonderful!

Any chance of you posting a few recipes for them, with their photos, in the appropriate sub-forums, so people can find them again?

Lee
That was Jimmy's M-Day spread, not mine. :wink:

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
The spaghetti squash thingy didn't have quite enough left for Tuesday's dinner, so I added a half cup of rice and steamed some more broccoli to stretch it out. Worked fine. Last night we were Jonesin' for Italian, so I made the fastest Italian meal I know how to make. Even have enough for lunch today (by design :yum: )

Attachments

• Dinner 0511315.jpg
    Dinner 0511315.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 165

LADawg

I'll be cooking some meat sauce for spaghetti today. I use 3 links of Italian sausage without the casing and half a pound of ground chuck (80/20). Always good.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Have a rotisserie chicken from Sams to pick down. Most likely make stew and then meatpies with the leftovers.

Embryodad

I'll throw some chuck burgers on the grill. Who eats.....eats! Who don't want to eat.....the heck with them... period.

I have cole slaw left over from the KFC .

Rice Krispy Treats for dessert.

Saliha

Pork sirloin with bbq sauce and spaghetti. You have talked in so many posts about spaghetti that I had to make some too.

v099g6y9oh0r.jpg

Seasoned by fresh basil and lovage from my garden.

That´s why I like to keep own herb garden - I have everytimes as much fresh herbs than I ever need.

:WitchBrewsSmiley:

QSis

Grill Master
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That was Jimmy's M-Day spread, not mine. :wink:

Oh, yes - Embryodad! Forgive me!

Yes, Jimmy, would you please post some of those recipes and photos in separate threads?

Lee

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Pork sirloin with bbq sauce and spaghetti. You have talked in so many posts about spaghetti that I had to make some too.

v099g6y9oh0r.jpg

That´s why I like to keep own herb garden - I have everytimes as much fresh herbs than I ever need.

mmmmmmmmm!!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
We had a ground beef shepherd's pie (at work last night) that was actually very good.
Lemon jello cups with whipped topping for dessert.

Tonight is crab cakes with coleslaw made in my kitch, by me :yum:

Embryodad

Oh, yes - Embryodad! Forgive me!

Yes, Jimmy, would you please post some of those recipes and photos in separate threads?

Lee
I'll Try.... IF.....?? IFfffffffffff..... I can get the recipe (s) out of my Daughter, and Daughter in-law . I didn't cook anything, and the Chicken was cooked and prepped by The Colonel Saunders at KFC. hahahahaha..... I do have the recipe on board here someplace for the manicotti; which is Tina, and my recipe. I could dig that up and re-post it.

Getting Recipe's from kids, is like .....uhhh.... asking the Cat to not scratch the furniture.
But I will try.

That was the first Mothers Day / Birthday Party, that I did no cooking.

Embryodad

v099g6y9oh0r.jpg

Saliha, ...........

That looks great!

I can never figure out, why eating spaghetti with a tomato sauce, is so filling. Yet, Spaghetti with a gravy style sauce or cream sauce, is so less filling.
I get hungrier and hungrier when I eat spaghetti with other than tomato sauce. It's like there is never enough to fill me.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had one piece of leftover baked salmon, so I made salmon patties last night with a side of sauteed yellow squash and onions. I like salmon patties made with canned salmon, but these were better.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Didn't cook much this week:

Linguini with white clam sauce
Pan fried boneless pork loin chops/mashed and gravy/steamed fresh cauliflower
Pasta and red sauce

Planning pizza and maybe garlic knots if there is enough dough left (using bread machine for dough fingers are killing me today)

DD waited some years to go for her drivers license. She passed her road test today.

Embryodad

Wasn't much into cooking today.
The woman came to clean, and I was outside playing with the tractor so I could finish cutting the grass.... then I was walking in the flower bed, and hooked my foot on a thick vine from the Mountain Laurel bush on the side, and I took a spill on my knee and side.
Darn, I was a sorry site. hahahahaha......

Tina and Gabe had a rotisserie breast from the ShopRite store. I don't do chicken.
I will have an egg salad and tuna salad sandwich. I made that last night.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Garlic knots rising, DD1 just got home with the veggies for pizza. I will cut up the veggies and make pizza when hub gets home with DD2.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Homemade Pizza and garlic knots were great. I added my AP seasoning, parsley and basil to the dough. No pics because everyone was hungry.

Last edited: