"What's Cooking ?" Sun. 11/4/12 to Sat. 11/10/12..

Embryodad

Tinamommy is going to make a big pot of Beef Stew..with the carrots / potatoes / beans/ and onions and all. I can't wait!:readytoeat:

Kids are coming over because they can't cook easily with no grid power.

They are supposed to get back on the grid Wednesday at the earliest.

There are still power lines and poles all over. The trees have all been mostly all cleared, so now the power linemen can start work.
God Bless Them!

I don't know?....I may make some Italian crusty Bread. See how I feel ?

SOoooo! What does everyone else have in the works or at least in the thoughts ! ????

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
We just finished a big breakfast. I made, bacon, over medium eggs, hash browns, sliced peaches and honey wheat toast. Too full to even think about dinner now :lol:

I hope everything returns to normal soon Jimmy.

Embryodad

We just finished a big breakfast. I made, bacon, over medium eggs, hash browns, sliced peaches and honey wheat toast. Too full to even think about dinner now :lol:

I hope everything returns to normal soon Jimmy.

Sounds great for breakfast or anytime Mama

We are ok here, but the kids should be back to power at least by wednesday at the earliest they say???

Everyone is getting a little Anal Retentive...but I guess that's normal.:blob_blue:
Let me rephrase that..... The Girls are getting A R .... the men are like...??Whatever...!!!!! LOL ...hahahahahahaha:sorry:

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I am waiting till it gets chilly in here then I am planning on making meatballs (cooked in oven) and gravy to heat the house up a bit.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I nixed the pork chops last night and decided on fresh turnip greens, baked sweet potato, and cornbread. Heated up some of the greens and had a piece of toasted cornbread for lunch:

BraisedTurnipGreensandCornbread.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I nixed the pork chops last night and decided on fresh turnip greens, baked sweet potato, and cornbread. Heated up some of the greens and had a piece of toasted cornbread for lunch:

BraisedTurnipGreensandCornbread.jpg
That looks so good.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Glad to hear everyone is safe, Jimmy. I made a loaf of Babka in a loaf pan, and got all the fixins ready for stir fry chicken and veggie fried rice. DS & his GF are here for dinner along with DD and Alexa. DSIL is working, so dish will go home for him. He works for Progressive Insurance on their National Catastrophe Response Team, and has been working 16 hour days since Sandy got near Florida. He won't have a day off for quite awhile, as he coordinates getting teams from around the country into the areas affected by the storm. Needless to say, it's a HUGE job to get folks taken care of with their auto claims and getting them rental cars so they can get around and get their vehicles fixed or replaced.

Attachments

• Babka Bread.jpg
    Babka Bread.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 273

Embryodad

Glad to hear everyone is safe, Jimmy. I made a loaf of Babka in a loaf pan, and got all the fixins ready for stir fry chicken and veggie fried rice. DS & his GF are here for dinner along with DD and Alexa. DSIL is working, so dish will go home for him. He works for Progressive Insurance on their National Catastrophe Response Team, and has been working 16 hour days since Sandy got near Florida. He won't have a day off for quite awhile, as he coordinates getting teams from around the country into the areas affected by the storm. Needless to say, it's a HUGE job to get folks taken care of with their auto claims and getting them rental cars so they can get around and get their vehicles fixed or replaced.
Wow! Looks great Joe!

Glad everyone is safe. DSIL is really doing a huge job, and he must be so tired.

We are praying for all that are helping and getting things back to at least working.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Called DSIL and he said he would take the leftovers (no surprise, since he never met a meal he didn't like:brows:), so I put them all in a carryout container so DD can take home, along with DW's brownies that she just made. Here's the dinner and a pic of the Babka when I sliced it up.

Attachments

• Babka Bread-1.jpg
    Babka Bread-1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 265
  • Dinner 110412.jpg
    Dinner 110412.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 267

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
That stir fry would hit the spot right now Joe. I am tired of chili and lasagna after eating it for a couple days in a row. Glad she is going to freeze the rest of the lasagna. It was super good but I want something different now.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
I hear ya, Bill. After two days I'm ready for a change. The only exception might be homemade soup. I can eat that as long as it's around.

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
We are having Digorno supreme. I forgot we grabbed a box of them at Sams last week. Heating the oven up now.

Embryodad

Tina Made Stew. Beef/carrots / taters / onions / some celery for flavor....Kids hate it ( the celery ), so I have to eat it and save it for me.
Sucked up the juices with French Bread and butter. Supermarket Bread from Weis markets. It's not bad. I like it!
TINASTEW001_zpsb663f4d1.jpg

TINASTEW003_zps874c318e.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Dinner was homemade meatballs and gravy (tomato sauce) with frozen cavatelli was great. No pics in a bit of pain so after I took the meatballs out of the oven to drain and checked the gravy for taste. Taste tested with a slice of "gravy" bread - all I have in house is white wonder bread which I top with a bit of gravy and some fresh grated cheese. It passed the test so I went in living room and DD boiled the pasta. I have enough meatballs and sauce for a couple more meals.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Awesome stew, Jimmy. I'll take a bowl if there's any leftover. Oh,and eat all that celery. At our age, roughage is our friend.:yum:

Embryodad

Awesome stew, Jimmy. I'll take a bowl if there's any leftover. Oh,and eat all that celery. At our age, roughage is our friend.:yum:

Thanks Joe! :laugh:

!0 - 4 on the roughage....

I love celery. I am wishing for a cream of celery soup...with lots and lots of 1/2" slices of celery. No carrots, and just a few cubed potatoes that are not mushy. I guess the red potatoes for that.

The wife and kids don't like celery. Tina will eat it if it is fine finely minced; but just one little string stuck in her teeth, and thats it. LOL
Yet....they will eat cob corn, and have no problem with the silk pieces :corny:

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
spinach salad w/ strawberry viniagrette & feta crumbles, spinach fettucine w/ pumpkin sauce (that sauce rocks!), almond-coconut milk, then, after while, a fruit naturals cup, & a pop.

Attachments

• salad.jpg
    salad.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 241
  • pasta.jpg
    pasta.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 245
  • drink.jpg
    drink.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 244

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i think a stouffer's veggie lasagna & an iceberg & spinach salad.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Going to work so DD will be heating up meatballs and sauce over pasta.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
changed as i looked thru the place. stouffer's macaroni & cheese, sliced kumato tomato, spinach & iceberg lettuce w/ strawberry-poppyseed marzetti's, & roasted squash w/ almond & coconut milk.

Attachments

• dinner1.jpg
    dinner1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 200
  • veggiesmilk2.jpg
    veggiesmilk2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 209

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Dinner tonight was a bacon cheeseburger meatloaf with scalloped potatoes, green beans, creamed corn and biscuits.

Attachments

• dinner11052012.jpg
    dinner11052012.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 209

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Tonight was idiot proof. Thawed out some shredded beef au jus (this would have been a great Italian beef sandwich) then made some mashed redskins, steamed corn and a salad. Brownies for dessert. May have some cookies & cream ice cream later.

Attachments

• Dinner 110512.jpg
    Dinner 110512.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 200

Embryodad

changed as i looked thru the place. stouffer's macaroni & cheese, sliced kumato tomato, spinach & iceberg lettuce w/ strawberry-poppyseed marzetti's, & roasted squash w/ almond & coconut milk.

your meal looks delicious
it looks so frivolous and nutritious

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
thanx, jimmy. was very yummy.
jus' washed tonite's dinner dishes. was most of a crab cluster w/ this butter i've not used b-4 (beurre de chimay) & lemon; re-warmed macaroni & cheese/tomato & roast 'lil squash; same kinda salad as last nite, 'cept w/ marcona almonds, then 1 of those squeezy-pouches of baby food pears & a pop fer dessert.

Attachments

• salad2.jpg
    salad2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 213
  • saladmacaroni.jpg
    saladmacaroni.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 219
  • crab1.jpg
    crab1.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 207

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
This was really a simple and quick dinner. Pasta Primavera with basil infused whole wheat pasta. The veggies were tossed in a butter/olive oil mix with a sprinkling of mixed Italian herbs, and topped with grated Parmesan-Romano cheese.

Attachments

• Dinner 110612.jpg
    Dinner 110612.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 213

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I had fried shrimp last night with some Zesties cooked in the oven....nom.