"What's Cooking?" Sun.10/28/12 to Sat. 11/3/12

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Wife made a super big lasagna with 2 1/2 lbs. of deer burger, our homemade sauce, ricotta and 2 different cheddars and fresh grated parmesan. Onions and green peppers were in there also. Had an Amish guy over helping to cut my logs for firewood and he went back for a 3rd helping. Then we took a break at 3pm for hot apple pie and vanilla ice cream. We will freeze 1/2 of it and finish the rest for football Sunday.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Wife made a super big lasagna with 2 1/2 lbs. of deer burger, our homemade sauce, ricotta and 2 different cheddars and fresh grated parmesan. Onions and green peppers were in there also. Had an Amish guy over helping to cut my logs for firewood and he went back for a 3rd helping. Then we took a break at 3pm for hot apple pie and vanilla ice cream. We will freeze 1/2 of it and finish the rest for football Sunday.
Please send me some!!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
Come on up! We have enough grub to last a long time. Plus I have 2 beef hanging in the butcher shop right now. We just extracted 5 gallons of honey from the beehives. When the Amish fella saw that he almost drooled. Wife sent a quart along home with him. He likes her dried herbs. Hopefully I can soon put the big dehydrator away.:clap:

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Come on up! We have enough grub to last a long time. Plus I have 2 beef hanging in the butcher shop right now. We just extracted 5 gallons of honey from the beehives. When the Amish fella saw that he almost drooled. Wife sent a quart along home with him. He likes her dried herbs. Hopefully I can soon put the big dehydrator away.:clap:
My granpa was a bee keeper. I miss that honey the blacker the better. He would rent out his queens to the local farmers to pollinate the fruit orchards and such. He was treating people with royal jelly and use bee stings as treatment for allergies and even arthritis LONG before the yuppies made it the "in" thing.

That honey was one of a kind flavors.

Last edited:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Beautiful property, MM!

I have pork chops and sweet potatoes for dinner. Not sure how I'll cook the pork chops, but the sweet potatoes will be just plain ol' baked and topped with butter. Maybe I'll scrounge up something green to go alongside.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Lunch was minestrone soup with sliced, buttered baguette for dipping.
Dinner.. who knows?
Might just have scrambled eggs and bacon.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Just got back from a gas run to PA.

I have fixin's for homemade meatballs and gravy and frozen cavatelli.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I think all stress has finally caught up with me big time. I am wiped out and feel a bit sick. Probably from wet and cold feet monday night when we spent the night in the car then another 24 hours in a pretty cold hotel room. But all in all I count myself lucky others around us have lost EVERYTHING.

I think I will just be split 2 cans of Chunky Veg Beef soup over Success Rice for the 4 of us and call it a day.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Made a couple of soft scrambled eggs, topped with caramelized onions, shredded cheddar and a little Frank's hot sauce.. 8 slices of bacon on the side.. 6 for me.. two for Miss Shorty Legs.
Was going to take a pic, but if bacon has been cooked here.. Gretchen calls the shots LOL

Embryodad

6 slices of bacon? Gluttony I tell you! That sounds like a good meal though.:wink:

Sure does sound good Mm.

I like the bacon not quite browned yet, and a little wiggly.
DW gives me dirty looks when I make it for me like that. She has to have it cooked till it starts smoking.

Bacon is a lubricant for the intestines. We need that in our system once in a while...

We get our Bacon here in PA.....plus other interesting foods and meats.

http://www.dietrichsmeats.com/

Its real easy to get to, and right off I-78 in Krumsville. Just past Allentown, PA ..

Embryodad

DW cooked giant rigatoni for supper. We had the kids over, and there was sausage and peppers to have with it. It was in the freezer frozen from my party last week ago.

It was delicious.

I was just sitting here pounding Halloween candy down the gullet. Trick or treat has been potponed till Monday the 5th because of the storms power failures.

B-4 that I had like 20 crackers with whipped cream cheese. Now it's beddie time.
Ready to climb into the crib!