Dinner Sunday 1-8-12

Leni

Usually by the time I get to this site someone has already posted for today. Not sure what I'll be having.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
I will be heating up leftover chili and leftover brown rice. I will also be boiling some hot dogs.

There will be mustard, shredded cheddar, sour cream, chopped onions, chopped green onions and whole wheat buns available. Each can choose to have chili over rice or a hot dogs (chili dog in my case) with whatever toppings they desire.

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
I'm not sure what we'll be having yet but I'm pretty sure whatever we have, we'll be having some cornbread with it :smile:

Attachments

• cornbread.jpg
    cornbread.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 144

lilylove

I just took some chicken out of the freezer. If we eat here at home it'll be oven fried chicken and steamed or roasted veggies.

We're thinking of going to PF CHANGS though since we were lucky enough to get a gift card from there for X-mas. I love their hot and sour soup. It's nice and thick and yummy! :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I'm not sure what we'll be having yet but I'm pretty sure whatever we have, we'll be having some cornbread with it :smile:
EVERY time I see that picture I drool Mama. YUMMY

Enjoy your dinner out Lily.

I'll be giving husband his choice: Turkey Cutlets Piccata, roasted potatoes, steamed green beans, & a salad - OR - Turkey Frank Chili Dogs with tortilla chips & salsa on the side. I'll be happy making either - it's up to him. :)

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
I'll be giving husband his choice: Turkey Cutlets Piccata, roasted potatoes, steamed green beans, & a salad - OR - Turkey Frank Chili Dogs with tortilla chips & salsa on the side. I'll be happy making either - it's up to him. :)
Either one of those sounds great. We are also having chili in some fashion. My hub and I will have chili dogs (mine will be all the way), one DD is having a repeat of last nights dinner - bowl of chili with toppings (no rice) and tortilla chips to scoop with. My other DD said she wants a couple dogs but not sure if they will be topped or not.

Well, it's pretty warm here today (high 50's), so I'm kinda hoping he'll choose the dogs. Supposed to be cooler tomorrow, which would be nicer for the Turkey Piccata.

belaine

Bottle Washer
Super Site Supporter
Turkey chili for us today. May offer hot dog after reading these posts. Or rice....

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
DW & I had some fun making pizzas last week and it looks like we're going to do it again. :)

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Didn't get moving on dinner till after lunch time.

I made some fresh baguettes ...

P1040088.jpg

That I sliced nicely...

P1040090.jpg

To go with the cavatellis I made and froze last week and my sauce...

P1040091.jpg

That all ended up on a plate with DW's salad with homemade Italian dressing.

P1040093.jpg

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
OH Joe! My Italian heart is singing!! YUMMY!! I bet Jimmy will be drooling and asking for you to pass the butter when he sees this!! LOL

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow that sure looks good Joe!!!!!!! :thumb: :clap: :clap:

We had spaghetti w/ garlic bread and a nice salad.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Chili cheese dog all the way (whole-wheat bun, bead of Tabasco brand hot & spicy mustard, Chili (with beans cause that’s the way we roll LOL), shredded cheddar and chopped raw yellow onion.

For anyone who has eaten at New Jersey’s Rascals or Hot Grill, “One chili cheese dog all the way, one!” LOL

010812_chili_cheese_dog_P1090285.jpg

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Chili cheese dog all the way (whole-wheat bun, bead of Tabasco brand hot & spicy mustard, Chili (with beans cause that’s the way we roll LOL), shredded cheddar and chopped raw yellow onion.

For anyone who has eaten at New Jersey’s Rascals or Hot Grill, “One chili cheese dog all the way, one!” LOL

I'll take 2 with a bag of sea salt kettle chips, please!:heart: I love a good hot dog with all the "stuff" on it.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
i jus got in. yeah! okay. got distracted. anyhow, i made pasta/clams yesterday because i made dinner @ 7-ish this morning & wasn't making anything except the simplist food as i was ready for snooze.
i have to cook both the mahi & the chix tonite sice i cooked the pasta last nite.

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
DW & I had some fun making pizzas last week and it looks like we're going to do it again. :)

sausage, onions, jalapeno, mushrooms, spinach, a couple olive slices, green pepper, tomato

The second picture is terrible but the pizza is delicious.

Attachments

• Pizza1.jpg
    Pizza1.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Pizza2.jpg
    Pizza2.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 102

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
:ohmy: Beautiful looking dinners Joe, Peeps and Buzz!

We haven't had fish sticks since the kids were little. I saw them in the store the other day and thought...what the heck...so.....it was fish sticks, french fries and cole slaw for dinner tonight.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Beautiful pizza buzzy!!

Thank you Mama. I have been wanting fish sticks and onion flavored tater tots.

:ohmy: Beautiful looking dinners Joe, Peeps and Buzz!

We haven't had fish sticks since the kids were little. I saw them in the store the other day and thought...what the heck...so.....it was fish sticks, french fries and cole slaw for dinner tonight.

Although I frequently make "healthy" fish sticks from scratch (cutting fresh cod into "sticks", breading, & baking), sometimes I'm in the mood for comfort food from my youth, which means commercial (Gorton's or Mrs. Paul's, etc.) fish sticks, served with equally commercial mac & cheese (Kraft or Velveeta). Although I do add broccoli florets to the the mac & cheese, that's about as healthy as it gets - lol! But for youth-memory comfort food, sometimes you just can't beat it.

Embryodad

Everyones meals and pics are soooo delicious looking / sounding.

Low key today... Mommy "T" has teeth ache problems and had a small piece of the lasagna from yesterdays meal.

I just ate Bread...Yep!... Just bread and butter. I just kept cutting slice after slice after slice...and until I was stuffed...I stopped.

No cooking today because DW is not up to even thinking of chewing / eating.

Dentist tomorrow at 8:30 ... so we shall see <0> <0>

Nancy-MD

Hope Tina gets some toothache relief, Jimmy.

Peep, Joe, Buzz and Mama, great pictures and I'm sure it tasted every bit as good as it looked.

I put a chuck roast in the crockpot today.

Attachments

• 1.8.12 crockpot chuck roast.jpg
    1.8.12 crockpot chuck roast.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 116

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We had Mrs. Paul's and they were pretty tasty :smile:
My mom used to heat a large CI pan then add a very thin coat of oil to pan and add the fish sticks. Cooked for about a minute on each side drain on paper then she did the same with the tatert tots. She would use the little packets in the Mrs. Paul's box and make either the tartar sauce or the cocktail sauce. I just liked lemon juice on mine. They came out VERY crispy and took minutes to make add a green salad or a veggie and we had a quick meal. Mom worked nights so we had quick early meals on work nights when I was old enough to stay home alone.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Hope Tina gets some toothache relief, Jimmy.

Peep, Joe, Buzz and Mama, great pictures and I'm sure it tasted every bit as good as it looked.

I put a chuck roast in the crockpot today.
Thank you and your dinner has my mouth watering. It looks so tender and those taters and gravy!!

Leni

We lost power from 11:00 until 2:30 today. I was begining to think in terms of what I had in the pantry that I could cook without opening the freezer or refrig. Now that it's back on I plan to make kobe beef patties with mixed veggies and potatoes. I just bought some garlic onion rye bread that I'll butter ans serve as a side.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
We lost power from 11:00 until 2:30 today. I was begining to think in terms of what I had in the pantry that I could cook without opening the freezer or refrig. Now that it's back on I plan to make kobe beef patties with mixed veggies and potatoes. I just bought some garlic onion rye bread that I'll butter ans serve as a side.
So glad your power is back on leni.

I have never had kobe but I LOVE beef. Is it really as good as they make it out to be?

buzzard767

golfaknifeaholic
Gold Site Supporter
So glad your power is back on leni.

I have never had kobe but I LOVE beef. Is it really as good as they make it out to be?

Leni, I am sooooo jealous. Long ago in another life I lived in Iwakuni, Japan for almost a year and we would take weekend motorcycle trips far away from the Marine Base. On two occasions I experienced Kobe beef. Yes, Peepsie, it's that good.

lilbopeep

Site Supporter
Leni, I am sooooo jealous. Long ago in another life I lived in Iwakuni, Japan for almost a year and we would take weekend motorcycle trips far away from the Marine Base. On two occasions I experienced Kobe beef. Yes, Peepsie, it's that good.
So giving them massages, have them sitting around not doing anything and drinking beer really makes they taste good? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM all those guys sitting around drinking beers and watching sports on sunday better watch out!! LOL Just kidding.