The Menu - 6/1

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Gotta use up a few things from yesterday; Chicken Drummers, Corn on the cob, Potato Salad, Fruit Salad.................

I'm Rarely a Breakfast person, but we attempted blueberry pancakes..........

................with an egg over easy, and freezer links........... and back to bed !

BlueberryPancakes001.jpg

Last edited:

lilylove

I have a pork roast thawing...but I have NO idea what to do with it. Any ideas ???

steamed veggies along side and some tomato cucumber salad too.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
I have a pork roast thawing...but I have NO idea what to do with it. Any ideas ???

Maple-Mustard Glazed Pork Roast
Prep Time 70 minutes
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Serves 6
Ingredients
2 pounds pork loin, boneless
2/3 cup maple syrup
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons cider vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
salt, to taste
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together maple syrup, mustard, vinegar, soy
sauce, salt and pepper. Spread evenly over pork roast and place in shallow
pan. Roast pork until internal temperature, measured with a meat
thermometer, reaches 160 degrees, about 45 minutes to 1 1/4 hours. Remove
roast from oven and let rest 10 minutes before slicing to serve.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
hmmm, suddenly I want chicken lol
I have some thighs in the freezer, guess I'll get them out to thaw :D

buckytom

Grill Master
i have to go to a wake this afternoon, then i think i'll be grilling. italian sausage, chicken parts, or maybe a london broil.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Well, we've got thunderclappers, so all'a that leftover stuff will be on the stove-top (sigh!)
Maybe they'll still make good pics...........

UncleRalph

Quo Fata Ferunt
Site Supporter
Pig Wings. have some left from a lil get together.

basically, they are pork shanks, look(vaguely)like a wing, but all the taste of pork.

Did half Fried, a la buffalo wing style, with same wing sauce, was YUMMY!!!

Other half, Roast in the oven, after marinated overnight in pear juice, soy, ginger, lime, cilantro, and sweet Thai chili sauce, brown sugar, and a little mirin. Then, finished on the grill with a brushing of thinned out hoisin(thinned with pineapple juice) sauce, was YUMMIER!!!

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Pig Wings. have some left from a lil get together.

basically, they are pork shanks, look(vaguely)like a wing, but all the taste of pork.

Did half Fried, a la buffalo wing style, with same wing sauce, was YUMMY!!!

Other half, Roast in the oven, after marinated overnight in pear juice, soy, ginger, lime, cilantro, and sweet Thai chili sauce, brown sugar, and a little mirin. Then, finished on the grill with a brushing of thinned out hoisin(thinned with pineapple juice) sauce, was YUMMIER!!!
:wwpics:

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've got brats, but with so much meat in the last few days, I'm thinking that I may just have some vegetables and a salad tonight.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
I decided on my curried chicken thighs on a noodle pancake, with the GG blend veggies.
This is becoming one of my favourite ways to make thighs.

dinner.jpg

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
We had BLT’s on lightly toasted sour dough and Stuffed artichoke (slivered fresh garlic and a piece of mozzarella in each leaf. Bread crumbs seasoned with fresh grated Parmesan and Romano cheese, minced fresh basil, sea salt, ground pepper, ground red pepper flakes, onion powder, garlic powder and dry herbs - thyme, rosemary, oregano.) Basted with a small amount of water, lemon juice and EVOO and steamed till tender.

BLT_060110_P1050771.JPG

stuffed_artichokes_060110_4_P1050788.JPG

Last edited: