What's on the menu?

Peter-John

A good way to get to know you all a bit better – is to relating to the things we love the most... making food – [makes sense doesn't it, lol]

I'll start –

Starter: [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Cold Smoked Beef Crostini – Complement this with a semi-dry white wine. [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Mains: Lamb Chops with Pea, Mint and Avocado Salad [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Dessert: Chocolate Mousse [/FONT]

Nothing to extravagant – still need to be able to actually make it at home, lol :)

Deelady

Sounds good! Is this what you had in a restaurant last night??

I stopped at Burger King......:lol:

Miniman

Mini man - maxi food
Gold Site Supporter
My favourite menu would be
starter - mixed seafood
main - steak and the trimmings
dessert - fresh fruit salad

RobsanX

Potato peeler
Super Site Supporter
I like so many things, but I'm a steak fanatic! I have pretty simple tastes.

Starter: Something fried, shrimp, calamari, cheese curds, onion flower, etc. Soup and salad are good too.

Entree: Thick cut, properly seasoned, med-rare ribeye, loaded baked potato, steamed veg w/butter.

Dessert: Warm chocolate brownie w/vanilla ice cream.

BTW, a good way for us to get to know each other is by posting pictures of food! Especially in the daily dinner thread. Get people's stomachs growling, and they will certainly want to know you better! :thumb:

Lefty

Yank
OMG, I could go on forever.

Favorite breakfast;
Eggs OE
Bacon
Hasbrowns
Rye Toast
OJ
Coffee

Lunch;
BLT on rye, pickle, Chips
small bowl of soup de jour

Dinner;
Crab cakes
Spicey cole slaw
Fires or rice
fried scallops
fried clams
Fried hadock

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
OMG, I could go on forever.

Favorite breakfast;
Eggs OE
Bacon
Hasbrowns
Rye Toast
OJ
Coffee

Lunch;
BLT on rye, pickle, Chips
small bowl of soup de jour

Dinner;
Crab cakes
Spicey cole slaw
Fires or rice
fried scallops
fried clams
Fried hadock
love ya breakfast and lunch but dinner would be steak!!

Deelady

oooooh I misread this....nix the burger king lol....that was only what I had last night!

fav breakfast would be: a omelet with mushrooms, tomatoes, bell peppers, avocado and swiss cheese, with a side of crispy hashbrowns, crispy bacon, and wheat toast! oh and dont forget the coffee!!

Fav dinner: Prime rib med rare, yorkshire pudding, baked potato with butter & sour cream, roasted broccoli, and a fresh salad of either baby greens or spinach.

other top contenders would be a slow roasted leg of lamb, or a nice steak with blue cheese melted on top :D

vyapti

When I'm looking for a special meal, I usually go Indian. I love pakoras, especially when I'm not the one cooking them and some parathas or naan and some spiced potatoes or a curry all with some tomato or cilantro chutney. It's never the same, but as long as I've got loads of choices, I'm happy.

I think I'll take a crack at Bunny Chow next weekend. That should be fun as well.

Peter-John

Mmm, everything sounds delicious. :respect:

Went to some friends last night, and there were snacks put out, I tried these little bacon strips, wrapped around a cherry, which was panned fried... I am not a cherry fan, but this was delicious!! Have anyone tried this before??