Inline pics with comments above or below them

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
The first pic, you could see-- correct Fred?
The second, you could not.. yes?

:dizzy::lol:

Attachments

• pc1.jpg
    pc1.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 30
  • pc2.JPG
    pc2.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 30

chowhound

OK. I'm in. I can see all the pics now. Now pay attention...

A while back a couple of us, including me, mentioned that when we followed links to another thread within NCT, we could see in the new window that we were not logged in. Example: Barb makes the Marlboro Man sandwich and posts the link to where the recipe can be found. I click on the link, a new window openes showing the thread and the recipe, but I can't post a reply without logging in. Follow me? And I never log out, so I don't know why that was happening. JoeC, you must be in the same boat.

So, I rt clicked on Sass' red X and hi-lited the properties, then copy and pasted them into the address bar. Boom, I'm at a window on NCT asking me to log in, so I do and there's the pic! I go back into the original thread and now all the pics are showing up.

So my guess is, whatever was causing me (and others) not to be logged in anymore when being directed to other areas of NCT, was preventing the pics from showing up.
And my guess also is, that unless you are a logged in member here, guests will not be able to view the pics either.

Doc, there must be some kind of feature or "measure" on your end to fix this. This must be how some sites control who can view downloaded pics. There are some motorcycles sites I belong to where all you can see is the link and you need to log in to see the pic.

Got it?

So JoeC and anyone else, Until Doc figures out where that setting is at;
if you follow a link to another spot on the site, or if you copy and paste the red X's properties into your address bar and click Go like I did, then log in when NCT opens up again, you should be all set.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I was aware of that as when I first posted here and attached some images no one could see them. I discovered that while trouble shooting why mine didn't show. That is when I realized that if I simply uploaded the picture it would show at the bottom of a message only, however trying to use the placement feature only got a red x.

chowhound

I was aware of that as when I first posted here and attached some images no one could see them. I discovered that while trouble shooting why mine didn't show. That is when I realized that if I simply uploaded the picture it would show at the bottom of a message only, however trying to use the placement feature only got a red x.

Well ya coulda said something if you had it figured out! :lol:

Then Rob and the rest of us.... my post is for you :thumb:

:dizzy:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Got it.
I logged out and tried to view the attachments.
First one took me back to log in, second popped up.

I have a headache now..:lol:

Attachments

• out1.JPG
    out1.JPG
    5.4 KB · Views: 30
  • out2.JPG
    out2.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 30

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I did post it at that time while discussing it at that time. Oh I don't think you hadn't joined this group at that time if I'm not mistaken. I posted this in November of December of last year (2008) or there abouts.

High Cheese

Saucier
text.jpg

chowhound

I just closed down this site, then opened it back up. I am logged in, but now I can't see those pics again. Before I go throuogh those steps again, I am going to log off, leave, then come back and log in. Let's see if that fixes that redirection thing from not recognizing that I am logged in.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good stuff guys. Thanks for the info Joe. No idea why it would log you out of here when you xfer to another site. I do not allow guests to veiw / download images but they can view threads. So that might be part of it.
HC I have been to lunch and have not changed a thing. Now I have a headache from practially standing on my head to read your post. :bonk:
No idea why things have changed for you.
This will take us all a bit to fully understand but we'll get there.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Ok I just logged out, shut down IE then restarted it came back to one of the property URL for an image and logged in there. Then openned up the forum here and had to loggin and every thing showed for me also. I then closed IE again and came back to her only and it is still showing all pictures. Now I'm completely confused as to who, what and why.

Meme4251

Doc, sorry to change the subject but couldn't resist...When I first looked at your pic of your spread, boat, just a slang we use, I was really impressed...Looks so peaceful over there in the water. Know yall really enjoy taking it out, a really nice one. All of my kids have fishing and ski boats but no, nothing like yours. Again, nice picture. Have a great weekend, sh

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
OK. I'm in. I can see all the pics now. Now pay attention...

A while back a couple of us, including me, mentioned that when we followed links to another thread within NCT, we could see in the new window that we were not logged in. Example: Barb makes the Marlboro Man sandwich and posts the link to where the recipe can be found. I click on the link, a new window openes showing the thread and the recipe, but I can't post a reply without logging in. Follow me? And I never log out, so I don't know why that was happening. JoeC, you must be in the same boat.

So, I rt clicked on Sass' red X and hi-lited the properties, then copy and pasted them into the address bar. Boom, I'm at a window on NCT asking me to log in, so I do and there's the pic! I go back into the original thread and now all the pics are showing up.

So my guess is, whatever was causing me (and others) not to be logged in anymore when being directed to other areas of NCT, was preventing the pics from showing up.
And my guess also is, that unless you are a logged in member here, guests will not be able to view the pics either.

Doc, there must be some kind of feature or "measure" on your end to fix this. This must be how some sites control who can view downloaded pics. There are some motorcycles sites I belong to where all you can see is the link and you need to log in to see the pic.

Got it?

So JoeC and anyone else, Until Doc figures out where that setting is at;
if you follow a link to another spot on the site, or if you copy and paste the red X's properties into your address bar and click Go like I did, then log in when NCT opens up again, you should be all set.
i can still see all the pictures, i never have to log in after i click a link to another thread within NCT.

¡¡ʇno ʇɟǝן ןǝǝɟ ı

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've closed IE and even cleaned out the temp files, closed IE again and came back. Every thing is now showing still so I guess using the URL listed in the properties gets one there. Go figure.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ok I just logged out, shut down IE then restarted it came back to one of the property URL for an image and logged in there. Then openned up the forum here and had to loggin and every thing showed for me also. I then closed IE again and came back to her only and it is still showing all pictures. Now I'm completely confused as to who, what and why.

Computers make us all feel that way Joe ....way to often. :yum: Glad they are working for ya. :thumb:

Doc, sorry to change the subject but couldn't resist...When I first looked at your pic of your spread, boat, just a slang we use, I was really impressed...Looks so peaceful over there in the water. Know yall really enjoy taking it out, a really nice one. All of my kids have fishing and ski boats but no, nothing like yours. Again, nice picture. Have a great weekend, sh

Thanks Meme! We do love the water and the time we spend on the boat. She's 22 years old now (the boat) but been well taken care of. We've only had her for 3 seasons but it is by far the most fun we've had on any boat ever. We do still have our little go fast (25' Baja) but it only got in the water one time this year. Funny thing is I spent more on gas in the Baja than in the Houseboat. The Baja in 3 days had used up as much gas as the houseboat had for one month. :eek: (100 gallons each) But since we had not cruised in the Baja much, the 3 days we had it in, we cruised a lot more than usual. Our kids have ski boats (ski natiques) with the big towers and all. They'll ski / wakeboard / tube and then tie up to the Mother ship. :yum:

I posted a thread on another one of my forums that did a houseboat tour. Kinda showed off the boat. I'll dig em up and post them here one of these days.

chowhound

Good stuff guys. Thanks for the info Joe. No idea why it would log you out of here when you xfer to another site. I do not allow guests to veiw / download images but they can view threads. So that might be part of it.
HC I have been to lunch and have not changed a thing. Now I have a headache from practially standing on my head to read your post. :bonk:
No idea why things have changed for you.
This will take us all a bit to fully understand but we'll get there.

It's not logging me out (exactly). I can come back and be logged in like usual, but I can't view pics uploaded the new way unless I log out and log back in. And if I follow a link to a previous post, the new window does not recognize me as logged in.
It must be something in the way NCT remembers some of us.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I have a question into the VB staff on this, and gave them a link to this thread so they can see exactly what I'm talking about.
I will open up this area so that guests can view pics ....that might help you to CH.

joec

Gold Site Supporter
I've have been on and off line now about 15 or so times, but still seeing the images. Oh and have not had to log on any more nor go back to the image page. My guess would be you aren't allowing cookies on your machine chow.

chowhound

Aren't cookies what a site uses to remember you by? So that you will be logged in (if you choose) your next visit? My cookies are enabled. This site knew it was me when I just came back here on this machine.

No pics on this page... let me post this, then go to page one and see if I can see Doc's pics.
Doc, if you could let me know when you allow guests to view pics... well... then I'll know (lol).

chowhound

Yep. This machine is fine. I can see the pics. Unless Doc has changed guest allowances already and that fixed it.

Keltin

Gold Site Supporter
All the pics work for me. Using IE7 and no problems. I even logged out and all pics still show.

Doc

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Yep. This machine is fine. I can see the pics. Unless Doc has changed guest allowances already and that fixed it.
I did open it up so that guests can see pics around 3:30 this afternoon. But I thought you still had the issue after 3:30.

Back to boats ...to put our boats into perspective ....Alll the boats I mentioned above are 20 years or older. Nothing near new. That includes the two ski boats, the baja and the house boat.

chowhound

It appears they just aren't working, at least for me, when previewing the post now, Doc. All is good in the threads until you want to shut off the guests again.