What's on the Menu..Sun, 9/13?

homecook

I'm making a new recipe for my IC entry.

If it doesn't work out it's steaks on the grill with baked potatoes and some type of vegetable.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Me and DW are making pene pasta and salad for 287 people this evening. We will also serve rolls and sheet cakes with the meal at church.

chowhound

I thinking about Keltin's DO sausage, veggies and beer.
I just might throw some rice and chicken broth in, too.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Have to grab a cooking mood when it strikes so...

What I just made, smokey tuna cakes with chipotle mayo and spicey mexican rice.

The tuna cake fell apart upon plating, the rice has too much spice, but as you can see, it's going down well.
:yum:

Attachments

• Picture 3512.jpg
    Picture 3512.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 204
  • Picture 3515.jpg
    Picture 3515.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 193
  • Picture 3521.jpg
    Picture 3521.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 201
  • Picture 3522.jpg
    Picture 3522.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 199

Meme4251

Sass, I have done the tuna like I do my salmon croquettes with the egg wash and cormeal and fried each side til nicely brown. They are always firm when we sit down to chow. Just kinda of confused what ingredients and how you cooked them depends on everything. Just my 2 cents. Looks like they tasted yummy though.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Sass, I have done the tuna like I do my salmon croquettes with the egg wash and cormeal and fried each side til nicely brown. They are always firm when we sit down to chow. Just kinda of confused what ingredients and how you cooked them depends on everything. Just my 2 cents. Looks like they tasted yummy though.
Meme, I used an egg and fresh bread cubes, some dill and a splash of tabasco and fried them in a little corn oil in a CI skillet. Prior they'd held together just fine:yum:

Meme4251

Well Sass, that really throws me off because yes, they should have held together. I have cooked meals that worked like they were suppose to and then the next, using same ingredients, steps, etc. and just did not work. Weird sometimes but either way, yours did look very good. Have a good one. sh

joec

Gold Site Supporter
Skirt steak, corn on the cob, baked potato with my mushroom steak topping. We also have pineapple up side down cake.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Well Sass, that really throws me off because yes, they should have held together. I have cooked meals that worked like they were suppose to and then the next, using same ingredients, steps, etc. and just did not work. Weird sometimes but either way, yours did look very good. Have a good one. sh

Thanks, Meme.
To be honest I was rushing around too much, plus I believe a few more bread cubes would have held them together better (possibly)- not to mention chilling the cakes for a while before frying.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
Have to grab a cooking mood when it strikes so...

What I just made, smokey tuna cakes with chipotle mayo and spicey mexican rice.

The tuna cake fell apart upon plating, the rice has too much spice, but as you can see, it's going down well.
:yum:

He he, seems like you are in a Suzie Homemaker mode this weekend too. Tuna cakes with the chipotle mayo look great!

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕🌎🦋
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Cooksie, and Buzz your jambalaya looks marvelous.

Last edited:

GrantsKat

I have a couple of skirt steaks marinating in a simple little mix of oil, fresh lime juice, worstershire & brown sugar, along with that oven roasted green beans and baked tators.....or maybe twice baked tators, depending on how many free hands I have:neutral: lol

cara

a piece of pizza from yesterday..
we had a late and long breakfast this morning, but I must admit when surfing a cooking forum I'm getting a bit hungry...

suziquzie

DH took a lemon garlic pork loin out of the freezer.... I grilled it...
Just plain rice and a salad with it.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Dinner:

Beef and broccoli stir fry with white rice.

beef_broccoli_stirfry_091309_1_P1040072.JPG

beef_broccoli_stirfry_091309_2_P1040078.JPG

beef_broccoli_091209_2_P1040078.JPG

Last edited:

chowhound

DH took a lemon garlic pork loin out of the freezer.... I grilled it...
Just plain rice and a salad with it.

Do you season it before you freeze, Suzi?

I love beef and broccoli stir fry, peeps. I remember when the places around town used to serve food that came close to looking like that..... 25 years ago... That is beautiful.

Since I had the DO in the oven anyway, that's where I cooked the corn. Almost as good as grilled :smile:

Attachments

• DO sausage 9-13-09.jpg
    DO sausage 9-13-09.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 101

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Do you season it before you freeze, Suzi?

I love beef and broccoli stir fry, peeps. I remember when the places around town used to serve food that came close to looking like that..... 25 years ago... That is beautiful.

Since I had the DO in the oven anyway, that's where I cooked the corn. Almost as good as grilled :smile:
thank you chow. i also added fresh sliced mushrooms.

your dinner looks yummy. garlic bread with real butter? yummy