Dinner for 4-22?

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
whenever i see your cornbread mama, i always want to run to the kitchen and make some up..but is usually 3am..lol

? though...do you ever put spice in yours, like jalapeno's?

Awwwwwww....I think we need some cornbread......

P3140550-2.jpg

Mama

Queen of Cornbread
Site Supporter
Thanks vyapti!

I have made cracklin cornbread on occasion and every now and then when we have chili I'll make some with jalapenos but I have to make regular cornbread at least three times a week, irregardless.

BamsBBQ

Ni pedo
Site Supporter
i want on the mailing list..lol

Thanks vyapti!

I have made cracklin cornbread on occasion and every now and then when we have chili I'll make some with jalapenos but I have to make regular cornbread at least three times a week, irregardless.

chowhound

Really? I never knew that. Thanks for posting this. BTW is there a special way I should freeze asparagus? You know, like in water or something? Because I love asparagus and when I find it on sale, I would be so happy to be able to buy a lot and freeze some.

Blanch it first, Terry.
Since I usually buy the thinner stalk, I blanch for 2 minutes in boiling water, then shock it in a bowl of cold water with fresh water running through it for 2 minutes (I never have ice on hand). Thick stalk is 4 minutes.
Then I set the stalks on a paper towel to drain and cut them into bite size pieces, because I like that size when adding it to dishes likes eggs goldenrod or ham and scalloped potatoes. It will cook in a few minutes after it's thawed and taste like fresh. Put them on a half sheet to freeze before putting them in a bag so they don't all stick together. I use a vaccum bag. It will work for whole stalks, too, but if I take a handful out and reseal the bag, the vaccum action will crack and break some, so now I just freeze them cut up when I buy extra.

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats to you, Lucky! Your new DIL is just beautiful. And dinner tonight does sound expensive, but it will be so much fun. Is this your first child to get married?

As for dinner, I don't know but Mama's spaghetti is sounding very good.

No, FM;
I have an older son, Gunny Sgt. in the Marine Corps; two beautiful granddaughters- you can check out pics at my profile page.:tiphat:

Luckytrim

Grill Master
Gold Site Supporter
THX, everyone, for your warm wishes............. Dinner went well........ Prime Rib cuts were HUGE, Jerry, HUGE !
There were serving bowls of Roasted vegetables on each table, provided by management gratis, which I thought was nice of 'em...... the tilapia was carb "Imperial"-stuffed, but a very nice portion. Warden's Veal Parm hung off both sides of the plate !!
My grand-daughters, (3 and 6) are in charge of the petals tomorrow, so they were participants in the rehearsal...... amazing how the three-year-old patiently followed instructions, and stood quietly when necessary... she made up for it at the dinner tho'; she went from quest to guest, climbing up on laps and ripping off the little tomatoes from everyboby's salad !