What's Cooking NCT Sun.6/14 to Sat. 6/20/2015 ?

Embryodad

Tonight she was a big pot of Greek style beans in Tomato sauce, and lots of olive oil. A loaf of Italian bread, and chow down.
:readytoeat: Simple / Cheap / and Tasty Too!

Shermie

Site Supporter
Made THIS yesterday at a friend's house for dinner.

Baked Lasagna! I took the little one home! :piesmiley1::picnic: :bounce:

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 262
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 236

Embryodad

Well, we had the lasagna, and it was great! It was nice and solidly set, and not swooshing around in too much sauce. Just the way I like it!
Mommy T Did a great job!

We then made a few Meatballs to freeze for future meals.
I will say one thing, Tina reground the 5 lbs. of beef and 1/3 pork, and it made such a great difference in the texture of the meatballs. We fried a few ( and believe me, they could not be missed ) and they were perfect.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Sunday I made a pork shoulder roasted, smashed taters, roasted carrots, corn & coleslaw. An old school Sunday dinner. Had the leftovers for dinner tonight and put the rest in the freezer.

Attachments

• Dinner 061415.jpg
    Dinner 061415.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 294

Shermie

Site Supporter
My camera got stolen Shermie. Tonight is smoked brats with sauerkraut and mashed taters. My legs hurt too bad to get a pork roast out of the basement freezer.

Awe, I'm so sorry to here that!! Hopefully in the not too distant future, you'll get another one soon, buddy! :weber:

Shermie

Site Supporter
Well, we had the lasagna, and it was great! It was nice and solidly set, and not swooshing around in too much sauce. Just the way I like it!
Mommy T Did a great job!

We then made a few Meatballs to freeze for future meals.
I will say one thing, Tina reground the 5 lbs. of beef and 1/3 pork, and it made such a great difference in the texture of the meatballs. We fried a few ( and believe me, they could not be missed ) and they were perfect.

Great!

Did you use my recipe or one of your own? :applause:

Embryodad

Great!

Did you use my recipe or one of your own? :applause:
Tina made her own recipe. 5lb beef 75% .... pork ground 1- 1/2 lb ,...salt pepper, and 2-1/2 cups Italian flavored bread crumbs. 3/4 cup kraft parm in the green container.
4 large eggs. Garlic Granules... a 1 tsp.

Her trick, and it works, is to grind all the ground meat from the store, over again.
The taste and texture is amazing. No heavy on the spices, but I will admit, they are good!

She doesn't like my meatballs. Not enough bread she say's. Plus I use herbs and different ingredients in some of my recipies.

lilbopeep

🌹🐰 Still trying to get it right.
Site Supporter
Tina made her own recipe. 5lb beef 75% .... pork ground 1- 1/2 lb ,...salt pepper, and 2-1/2 cups Italian flavored bread crumbs. 3/4 cup kraft parm in the green container.
4 large eggs. Garlic Granules... a 1 tsp.

Her trick, and it works, is to grind all the ground meat from the store, over again.
The taste and texture is amazing. No heavy on the spices, but I will admit, they are good!

She doesn't like my meatballs. Not enough bread she say's. Plus I use herbs and different ingredients in some of my recipies.

I use beef and LOTS of fresh herbs (basil, oregano, flat leaf parsley), loads of garlic and onion, only 1 or 2 egg to 3 lbs meat and barely any unflavored crumbs (just enough to hold together, I like meatballs not bread balls :blush:), plus my AP seasoning (that includes salt, ground pepper, cayenne, hot and sweet paprika and ground red pepper flakes), lots of fresh grated parm and romano. Remember that alka seltzer commercial for the spicy meatballs? :whistling: LOL

Gonna have to make meatballs soon because of this post.

Embryodad

I use beef and LOTS of fresh herbs (basil, oregano, flat leaf parsley), loads of garlic and onion, only 1 or 2 egg to 3 lbs meat and barely any unflavored crumbs (just enough to hold together, I like meatballs not bread balls :blush:), plus my AP seasoning (that includes salt, ground pepper, cayenne, hot and sweet paprika and ground red pepper flakes), lots of fresh grated parm and romano. Remember that alka seltzer commercial for the spicy meatballs? :whistling: LOL

Gonna have to make meatballs soon because of this post.
When the kids come over, they ask, Who made the meatballs? Mommy or Daddy?
They like to hear Daddy!... I use just about everything like you / never use seasoned crumbs. I cut back on the garlic now that my stomach gets gassed up with too much.
A lot of times, I make a separate batch for Tina mommy, and just stick a toothpick in hers.

When it comes to meatballs, I grew up on them. Someone in the family would always have Minestra ...or... Meatballs fried and sitting on the stove to munch on.

Cooksie

Site Supporter
I've been busy with some interior projects going on, so I haven't been cooking much at all. The work is winding down, so I plan on celebrating tonight with some lazy cabbage rolls.

Today's lunch was tuna salad sandwich and some grapes:

tuna%20salad.jpg

Embryodad

I've been busy with some interior projects going on, so I haven't been cooking much at all. The work is winding down, so I plan on celebrating tonight with some lazy cabbage rolls.

Today's lunch was tuna salad sandwich and some grapes:

tuna%20salad.jpg
Good Choice Cooksie.....

I have Eggs cooking for egg salad and or sliced egg sandwiches with Bread and Butter Pickles on the side....

Also...I will make Tuna Salad too! ... It's a nice cloudy cool 61º day today; so it starts the appetites flowing!

Mountain man

Entree Cook
Gold Site Supporter
I grilled ribeyes last night with yellow rice and green beans. Tonight will be ham steak and whatever I find for sides.

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Well, let's see what I've been up to besides working. Made up a loaf of Slovenian white bread & sandwich thins for lunches yesterday. In the past few days I also made zucchini rollups with breaded zucchini strips for dinner one night, and another we had grilled chicken breast on a bed of Spring greens. Me and Mama are headed to the oldest daughter's place for Father's day dinner today, and I'll be bringing Italian herb sourdough no-knead bread. It's fermenting as I type here, and will be made around 5 am. Actually, I'm going to make two loaves, with one going to the new neighbors (just married one year) as a welcome to the neighborhood gift. Everyone likes food gifts. Hope I remember to post them when they come out of the over. This is one of my favorite breads, and pairs beautifully with Italian meals, especially ones with sauce.
slovenian-white-bread-062015-jpg.94863
slovenian-white-bread-thins-062015-jpg.94864
dinner-061615-jpg.94865
zucchini-rollups-jpg.94866
zucchini-rollups-plated-jpg.94867