What's Cooking NCT Sun 5/31 to Sat 6/6/2015 ?

Embryodad

I don't know what anyone else in this house has in mind for supper today, and that is their problem!
6 Day's now, I wanted Hot Dogs grilled and charred. My Home Made Greek Style Chili sauce and mustard with minced onions.:weber:
I have a funny feeling Tina wants a Weis Rotisseri chicken. Gosh I hate those things..... :yuk:

If I cannot pull the meat off the bones on them things, I grade them as Not Done! I don't like to eat Salmonella Chicken!!!..........:yuk:

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
I'll be going out for brunch after church, Jimmy.
That'll be my biggest meal of the day.

Saliha

My lunch today:

1j7d6wbfgghe.jpg

Oven-baked salmon, potatoes, chopped egg sauce, fresh herbs and tomato.

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
Great Sass..... "Don't forget to bring the Big Purse!" Plastic Baggies too!
Fill it up, and you'll have some food for snacks!....
:yum:

Well I ended up going to the early, early Mass this morn, Jimmy, so stopped at the diner for breakfast. Two pancakes and two sausages.
Din din was Gorton's crunchy fish fillets (2) and a baked sweet tater widdaloddahbudda, and some garlic parsley seasoning. lol

Embryodad

:yum:

Well I ended up going to the early, early Mass this morn, Jimmy, so stopped at the diner for breakfast. Two pancakes and two sausages.
Din din was Gorton's crunchy fish fillets (2) and a baked sweet tater widdaloddahbudda, and some garlic parsley seasoning. lol
Oh! Boy! .... it's making me hungry. Love a good stack of wheats, and sausages.
And it has been years since I've had Grotons fish sticks. I have to ask Tina to get some.

Embryodad

Tina made a tomato sauce with meatballs; sausages, and potato wedges.
Had angel hair spaghetti with it.
Dessert, Tina made blue tube cinnamon pull aparts with the extra butter and karo and brow sugar. OMG.....I'm sick now. So full!

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Split a fillet with Mama and made some redskins with onions & peppers in bacon fat. Corn & Mama's great salad.
Attached Images
attachment.php

Embryodad

Split a fillet with Mama and made some redskins with onions & peppers in bacon fat. Corn & Mama's great salad.
Attached Images
attachment.php
Joe, do you buy the bacon Fat, or are you like us? We eat a lot of bacon, just so we have a supply of Bacon Fat!~!!
Looks great! ......

We had Ho-Hum Meatloaf for supper. B O R I N G !!!
Dearest Mommy Wanted it..... and the recipe from The Lipton Box of Soup...Onion Flavored.
It was like eating in the school cafeteria all over again. The only thing worse, would have been "Sputniks"..."AKA Porcupine Meatballs" ...........Yuck ........

JoeV

Dough Boy
Site Supporter
Jimmy, I save the grease when I make bacon. When DW makes bacon, she does it in the microwave, and the paper towels soak up all that liquid gold, and it gets tossed. She disrespects bacon this way.:mrgreen:

LADawg

Today’s meal will be fresh turnip greens, fresh corn on the cob, and some steamed new red skinned potatoes. I’ll bake up a skillet of cornbread to go with this.

Wendell down here in LA cook ASAP (As Southern As Possible) :corn:

LADawg

Man, what a meal!:a1: It’s hard to tell which was best…the corn on the cob,:corn: the steamed potatoes, the turnip greens or the cornbread. The greens mixed with the cornbread with some of the potlikker from the greens drizzled over them was sure hard to beat, but the other two things were good also.
I still have some greens that were cooked down, but in a container and placed in the freezer. Think I will repeat today’s meal sometimes next week. Maybe even have a little ham with it.
Wendell down here I Lower Alabama cooking ASAP As Southern As Possible............................................

Embryodad

Tina boied some Mrs. T's pierogi, and threw them in a bowl.
Gabe had two, and she had 1.

I just swiped 1 .....then 2....3....and 4, right out of the bowl, and into my mouth.
Made finger food out of them. I washed the butter off my hands, and had some chips ahoy cookies with a coffee for dessert!.... Really simple. Like cro-magnon man. Only thing missing was a cave.

luvs

'lil Chef
Gold Site Supporter
cheddar w/ cherry preserves, whole milk ricotta, whole milk in & of itself, & pabst. a few nuts, too--

then i got a few drafts.

then crunchy p.b. & milk.

my kitties, my nurses, & me partook in cheddar popcorn & faux popcorn puffs, as well. i bought a penrose-type sausage. nowhere near as yummy as pub-grub penroses, tho. too spicy, & lacking that slight oomph.

tomato-basil soup, grilled cheddar & bleu w/ salad & milk later on. may make eggs, too, w/ cheese. & fresh black pepper, in volumes. w/ a cambazola-type cheese.

& a few adult beverages.
egg is my new item-- i'll place a mild poach on those. tonite, i'll poach 'em in a spicy miso/soy sauce & put a few rice noodles in,--i've tabascos/sauces in both redd & greens. i usually lose sauces to my pantry & fridge, as i ferget they exist.
if not, bacon/lettuce/avocado/heirloom tomato/mayo/black pepper & plain 'ol cheap shelf bread, & a pabst or 5. bartender brought me 2 cases of booze last nite, too, so i may well take dinner to my 1 pal.

Last edited:

Adillo303

Gold Site Supporter
Today, I made soup for lunches.

Ground turkey, carrots, barley, onion, salt and pepper.

I must have had about 3.5# , of ground turkey. I used 3 quarts of chicken stock. Nothing was measured, it tasted great.

Embryodad

Lunch was a veggie beef soup with cheese tortellini that Tina Mommy Made.
She put little chunks of ground sirloin in it, and it was delicious.

Supper, was tuna salad on misfit bread and rolls. A concoction of those ends and last pieces of hot dog buns. I call it bird food bread! It was like eating from a dumpster.
Then dessert was some stale Entennmans doughnuts. I had some cinnamon ones with coffee, and a brown over ripe banana. ( Monkey Food ).

Sass Muffin

Coffee Queen ☕
Gold Site Supporter
For dinner last night, I had meatloaf and a green bean dish with cream cheese and bacon.

Tonight I am working again, so will more than likely get Chinese takeout.

Embryodad

Smashed thin burgers on the grill.
Take out pizza slices Tina picked up for uncle. He only likes burgers from McDonalds.
Home made burgers are too greasy he says. ......Whatever!
Dessert was Entenmanns doughnuts.